more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa - what a solid gaffer

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 30, 2016, 10:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 30, 2016, 11:19:26 PM
You trying to depress us even more Dave...Leave the bloody gin alone.
On that note I will pour myself another drink and go to bed!! Night m8!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AlexW132

Quote from: FFCpmd on December 30, 2016, 11:28:43 PM
Does anyone know the legal position with Martin?

By voluntarily withholding his labour, surely the club could sue him for millions for breach of contract?

Would certainly give Martin something to think about.

Good point. But it's not something that'd happen overnight.

Lighthouse

We have seen it before when managers say such and such a player must stay whatever the player wants to do. But the money men could call the tune and it could all change. But I am amazed that if  true about Martin that a millionaire footballer can behave in such a childish way whatever his family circumstances are. Although the Derby manager should be looked at as well for first suggesting that Martin should not have been allowed to leave Derby.

Hope we find a forward who wants to play for us. But our manager is saying the right things at the moment. But I wouldn't be shocked if the manager suddenly just up and went somewhere else. Loyalty is a lost concept in football. However good on Joka for saying what he said.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Gloss White

Seems pretty clear from the clubs twitter account

Fulham Football Club ‏@FulhamFC  3h3 hours ago
.@Jokanovic we expect Chris Martin to be available to work tomorrow. He is a Fulham player until the end of the season

cmg

By voluntarily withholding his labour, surely the club could sue him for millions for breach of contract?

Tempting. But these things hardly ever pan out like that in the fantasy world of football.
It would be difficult to prove that Martin wasn't actually 'off colour' and I doubt if he will withdraw his services full time.
The important thing is that the manager (and the management) takes a firm position on this to ensure as beneficial an outcome as possible.
Jokanovic's statement is an encouraging start. Hopefully he sticks around to see it through.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: cmg on December 31, 2016, 12:07:39 AM

Tempting. But these things hardly ever pan out like that in the fantasy world of football.
It would be difficult to prove that Martin wasn't actually 'off colour' and I doubt if he will withdraw his services full time.
The important thing is that the manager (and the management) takes a firm position on this to ensure as beneficial an outcome as possible.
Jokanovic's statement is an encouraging start. Hopefully he sticks around to see it through.

Doubt we have a pot to pee in. Jokanovic is quoted as saying that our physios stated he was unavailable. Once they've said that, how is anyone supposed to believe otherwise?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

It comes down to how much loan fee we have paid and what contract was signed. Martin would no doubt have had advice for pulling a stunt like this if true. Or then again. maybe he hadn't.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

every week he doesn't play fine him a week or 2 wages. Soon come to his senses

Fulham Tup North

Got to respect the Manager for his comments.
Khan must have been happy with them too or they would not have made the FFC website.
COYW 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

colinwhite

Sign Slavisa on a long term contract! Come on Fulham he's the best thing that's happened to us in a long time !

dannyboi-ffc

I stand by my view from August that he has potential to be our very best. There's something about him that makes you believe and trust in him.

Dont particularly want Martin to play again but this statement is spot on. What a brilliant manager!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

gezkc

I wasn't convinced about SJ at the start, but he's convinced me this season and his comments today we're an inspiration.
Top man, top manager. He'll take us up, and Chris Martin is welcome to enjoy his time in the Championship with Derby.

FFCpmd

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 31, 2016, 12:13:20 AM
Quote from: cmg on December 31, 2016, 12:07:39 AM

Doubt we have a pot to pee in. Jokanovic is quoted as saying that our physios stated he was unavailable. Once they've said that, how is anyone supposed to believe otherwise?

NO Mr McToot, that is incorrect. Joca actually says the exact opposite, if you read his comments. He says he was AVAILABLE to play, NOT unavailable. ("...but I have information from medical staff that he is available to play.)

Chutney

It is so refreshing to see a fulham manager stand up for the club and tell a player throwing a tantrum exactly where to go, it was beautiful to read!

Fulham 2017 to do list:

Get martin training on his own for the rest of the season, he can rot a year away.

Get Slav a new contract!

Get a better striker.

Get promoted?
C O Y W

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Chutney on December 31, 2016, 12:45:29 AM
It is so refreshing to see a fulham manager stand up for the club and tell a player throwing a tantrum exactly where to go, it was beautiful to read!

Fulham 2017 to do list:

Get martin training on his own for the rest of the season, he can rot a year away.

Get Slav a new contract!

Get a better striker.

Get promoted?

:plus one:

AlexW132

Quote from: Chutney on December 31, 2016, 12:45:29 AM

Fulham 2017 to do list:

Get Slav a new contract!

Get a better striker.

Get promoted?

Sounds like a plan  :008:

Woolly Mammoth

This is a time when the Chairman. Manager . Players and Supporters have to be as one, and support the Manager all the way. It should come from the top downwards. A chance for Khan to show he can flex his muscles also, on and off the pitch. January 2017 has become an even bigger month than ever for us all, it could define our season. The Board have to stand up and be counted. The Managers stock has risen considerably and I like what I see. Also a massive opportunity to tie Jok down to a long term contract as well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Well done slav(get this man signed up shad)
Man to take us forward .with balls of steel!

bog

Shows what a top tough no nonsense manager we have. I wanted him as soon as Kit went. I just hope we can keep him, Malaga can bog off!!

092.gif

F(f)CUK

I agree with all the sentiments but Martin will end up going back to Derby and we will need a new forward. Joks main job is to find one or probably more as he does not appear to be interested in either Woodrow or Smith.