watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa - what a solid gaffer

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 30, 2016, 10:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

For us to get into the top six last night was a crucial game to win. Derby would want us to lose it. They also want to destabalish our good run. Therefore good way of doing that is to unsettle one of our key players so that he doesn't want to play. All gamesmanship on Derby's part.
Slav saw this was part of the reason for Martin's behaviour and was angry and showed this in his comments.
Hopefully the club will sort this out quickly to the manager's benefit or Slav might just go off to Malaga as well
Btw I now love Slav

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Allestree andy

By christ so much respect for slav, i too was not his biggest fan, but he has the backbone to take this club where we shoud be.
hail slav

coyw
To the limit and beyond

Holders

Quote from: Statto on December 31, 2016, 12:15:22 AM
Quote from: FFCpmd on December 30, 2016, 11:28:43 PM
Does anyone know the legal position with Martin?

By voluntarily withholding his labour, surely the club could sue him for millions for breach of contract?

Would certainly give Martin something to think about.

im not an expert in employment/sports law but under general contract law you can only sue someone for what you've lost, and in this case all we've lost is a striker for half a game that was abandoned and will probably be replayed anyway. i'm not sure how you'd quantify the value of that but i reckon it would be close to zero, certainly not millions. maybe if he refused to play for the rest of the season the situation would be different but then of course he could just play, but without really trying very hard. and how on earth do you prove that someone isn't trying their hardest? 

It comes down to what's in the contract re disciplinary. A recourse to a court of law for damages in an employment matter would only apply in the event of provable (substantial) direct loss - i.e. a non-starter at present.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FulhamStu

Martin should be benched and backup a new better striker.
Of course he will not like this but if he refuses, we don't pay
him or Derby any money.
Martin has bought this on himself and the above solution
will strengthen the match day squad.  Martin can then go
back to Derby at the end of the season.  If Martin is disruptive
then simply don't pick him at all.

This is a really interesting issue and one that Fulham have to
get right.   The owner can afford it and in the long run will be
a significant marker.

It's already elevated Jokanovic from a fans point of view, it
would be extremely interesting to understand the effect on our
Playing staff.  Will they now respect the gaffer even more ?
If you look at Clough or Ferguson, I expect they would have reacted
In a similar way and slapped the player down very hard.

Bill2

Have to agree with al of the above. SJ is a great find for us and we need to hang onto him for all we are worth. We have become a major force in the Championship and with the right support for the Club will we be promotion contenders next season.

If Martin had been knocking in goals for fun this year we would be saying different things and so would CM.

VicHalomsLovechild

What a top bloke. Someone has to pen a song/chant around his comments.
Hopefully it will galvanize the team and our fringe forwards will step up to be counted.
If Derby re-embused us the fee and wages, I'd let him go. SJ has drawn a line in the sand for all to see and be wary of.

VicHalomsLovechild

Which I doubt Derby will do. How wanted will you feel then Mr Martin?

Twig

Come on Mr Khan extend his contract and back him in the transfer market.  We don't want to lose him to Malaga or wherever!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FFCpmd on December 31, 2016, 12:44:33 AM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 31, 2016, 12:13:20 AM
Quote from: cmg on December 31, 2016, 12:07:39 AM
Quote from: FFCpmd on December 30, 2016, 11:28:43 PM
Does anyone know the legal position with Martin?

By voluntarily withholding his labour, surely the club could sue him for millions for breach of contract?

Would certainly give Martin something to think about.

Tempting. But these things hardly ever pan out like that in the fantasy world of football.
It would be difficult to prove that Martin wasn't actually 'off colour' and I doubt if he will withdraw his services full time.
The important thing is that the manager (and the management) takes a firm position on this to ensure as beneficial an outcome as possible.
Jokanovic's statement is an encouraging start. Hopefully he sticks around to see it through.

Doubt we have a pot to pee in. Jokanovic is quoted as saying that our physios stated he was unavailable. Once they've said that, how is anyone supposed to believe otherwise?

NO Mr McToot, that is incorrect. Joca actually says the exact opposite, if you read his comments. He says he was AVAILABLE to play, NOT unavailable. ("...but I have information from medical staff that he is available to play.)

My mistake. You're absolutely correct.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude