watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR PS3 or Xbox 360?

Started by Fulham Yolk, August 25, 2010, 04:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Yolk

Im rubbish at making decisions and cant decide on which games console to plump for? I havent really had one since the N64 came out although I have been playing Football Manager on and off for many a year now but wouldnt mind investing in a console that is a bit more sociable e.g. can play with others.

Prob is i dont know what to go for. Should the new technology that is Move and Kinnect affect my choice? Im told Xbox has maximised its potential where as PS3 still has bags of potential left. Whats the best bet in terms of shelf life and value for money?

Any help much appreciated! :003:

SmithyFFC

Xbox for sure. Although you have to pay for the on-line features its seriously worth it. PS3 seems to have plently of features which have yet to be maximised. Xbox graphics also, I feel are better.
FTID

sipwell

Just play Powersoccer. You will meet the likes of Airfix and me there ;-)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

I bought a new Xbox a few weeks ago, cheaper than PS3 and better online play.

Bonus of PS3 is that you get a blu-ray player.

FatFreddysCat

I've got the Wii, xbox 360 and PS3 and i prefer the Xbox, only got the PS£ because of the rechargeable controllers, but the 360 has got that now. Dont play online so cant help there, PS3 for me has better graphics, but the xbox loads much quicker and easier for a thick fecker like myself to load music onto. Also got the red ring of death on the xbox and they just sent a new one no problems  :54: Oh and the 360 is cheaper and has more games.

Fulham Yolk

Am i right in thinking that if PS3 is blu ray the discs can hold more data e.g. an xbox game might have 2 discs for 1 game but the ps3 could get the whole game on 1 disc? Also someone told me blu ray discs cant get scratched etc is that true? (I am a bit clueless with blu ray)

How much is the online gaming for xbox then? Although my internet is a bit ropey at times so dont know if id bother with that!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Fulham Yolk on August 25, 2010, 04:24:08 PM
Am i right in thinking that if PS3 is blu ray the discs can hold more data e.g. an xbox game might have 2 discs for 1 game but the ps3 could get the whole game on 1 disc? Also someone told me blu ray discs cant get scratched etc is that true? (I am a bit clueless with blu ray)

How much is the online gaming for xbox then? Although my internet is a bit ropey at times so dont know if id bother with that!
I've had a few problems with scratches on the 360, but i'm crap at looking after stuff, no such probs with the PS3, but not used it nearly as much, so not sure. Saying that if you rub the dics gently with a damp cloth it usually sorts it out.

os5889

I love my PS3 to bits, you don't have to pay for online features and really for me its the controllers.

Theres not much difference between the two, I must say the new XBOX slim with the hard drive looks nice but the new 320gb slim PS3 looks ace.

Dealers choice

The Equalizer

Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption, Oblivion, Bioshock.... XBOX360 all day long.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

os5889

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 25, 2010, 05:53:22 PM

Red Dead Redemption, Oblivion, Bioshock all on PS3 too

SmithyFFC

Quote from: os5889 on August 25, 2010, 06:06:32 PM

GTA IV on xbox only.  :59:
FTID

os5889

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 25, 2010, 06:08:39 PM

haha, a fanboi I'm guessing? Personally not my cup of tea but I'm sure someone will get upset about that

SmithyFFC

Quote from: os5889 on August 25, 2010, 06:18:38 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 25, 2010, 06:08:39 PM

haha, a fanboi I'm guessing? Personally not my cup of tea but I'm sure someone will get upset about that

Not my favourite game at all, just saying that there are a few games which are Xbox only.
FTID

LRCN

Azeedo

PS3 Exclusives
GOD OF WAR
UNCHARTED
LITTLE BIG PLANET
DISGAEA
GRAN TURISMO
HEAVY RAIN
INFAMOUS
KILLZONE
METAL GEAR SOLID
RESISTANCE
SOCOM
That's just to name a few also the fact that you don't have to pay $60 a year just to play on line, also if you pay for the Playstation PLus you get a collection of 10 - 12 games instantly plus other benefits, last moth they had little big planet and borderlands for free.  Yes XBOX has a better online experience but playstation 3 is a better value.

Azeedo

In the other hand I just bought a Wii u last month lots of fun if you would like to get your family involved.

valdeingruo

Quote from: sipwell on August 25, 2010, 04:15:41 PM
Just play Powersoccer. You will meet the likes of Airfix and me there ;-)

I used to write for them when i had a decent set up!
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Logicalman

Had a PS3 for 3 years now, 2 years online, and perfectly happy with it.

Saying that, my neighbours are off on honeymoon for 3 weeks as of tomorrow, and lending us their xbox with Kinnects, so we get to play that as well for the duration.