Poor Result

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 02, 2017, 04:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 02, 2017, 08:11:48 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 02, 2017, 08:01:53 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 02, 2017, 07:58:18 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 02, 2017, 06:05:23 PM
Don't think Ream had a particularly bad game. Are two worst players were Humphrys and Smith. Definitely. Smith winning nothing in the air and just genuinely contributing nothing all game, yet somehow got a bigger ovation than Piazon, who got us our goal. Humphrys also had no effect when he came on. 2 new strikers needed. Harsh but honest assessment.

agree with all this

ream had one of his better games i thought, didn't see him getting outmuscled as much as usual and his ball control and passing are just so important with the way we try to pass it around the back 5 these days

as for smith and humphys, i think you could have pulled any random fan from the crowd and stuck them in that position and no one would have noticed

Agree with both good assessment

Nobody else seems to be mentioning it, but I think the second goal was Humphrey's fault. Lost the ball too easily to dunk and didn't track him back to try and win the ball so it was 3v2 on our cb's. By the time the ball was in the net he was on the halfway line watching dunk score

Agree mate, I think it was his fault aswell, but don't want to criticise a young lad too much. This is why I always trust the managers judgement. Fans have been calling for him to play for ages now, Today he did and guess what, he wasnt good enough. If Slavisa thinks a young player is good enough, He will play them.
STH H3

alfie

Quote from: bobbo on January 02, 2017, 08:11:19 PM
I'm sticking this comment in here rather than make a separate post of it.

I sit near the back almost on the hallway line in the riverside and just one of their long high balls was heading for sigardsson , he looked to see if anyone else was willing to deal with and on realising he was going to have to deal with it himself , he looked like he'd seen a ghost.
" he ain't good enough "
How do you know he was looking to see if anyone else could deal with it, he may have been looking to see what was around him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bobbo

I could be wrong Alfie . But I been watch,playing and refereeing too long. His body language spelt it out.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Skatzoffc

Quote from: grandad on January 02, 2017, 05:49:13 PM
In 63 years of supporting I have never seen a Fulham team resort to these underhand tactics & I never want to no matter what the cost in points or table position. None of our promotion teams had to cheat their way.

Agreed Grandad.
We play the best football in the division. We can't beat these teams and their cheating gamesmanship at the mo but we will.

Let's carry on playing the "right" way and win. I couldn't bear to watch the dreadful cheating these teams employ to get a result.

A bit more strength and depth and we will be there.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Neil D on January 02, 2017, 07:17:59 PM
The lack of an alternative to Martin is a problem. I have been a supporter of Smith and wanted him to have a chance.  Well, he had it today and he was poor - 4/10 poor.  I know he was up against two big centre backs but I don't recall him winning any significant balls in the air.  That could be discounted to some extent if he had a degree of mobility but he is very ponderous on the ground.  That said, Humphrys managed nothing either.  We need a CF who is decent in the air, holds up the play well and has a modicum of pace.  SJ got this man with Martin - it wasn't his fault that Martin turned out to be thoroughly unprofessional and easily tapped up.

SJ "got his man with Martin" er no he hasn't!

4 or 5 months taking a good look @ who we signed on loan

No obvious news of a permanent signing (of Martin) - or otherwise

"Toys out of the pram?" response by Martin, but no one knows what has actually happened

No obvious Plan B (as yet, the January window just opened)

Complete failure to find someone who can actually take & score a penalty

Poor defensive options as cover for injury or suspension

Smith & Humphries quoted as good alternatives by many - but expected to perform on a one match basis, not a fair chance

Very much a "work in progress"

Lots of positives but derailed by the Martin fiasco?

A real test for Joka, Khan et al to respond & react with new signings ASAP

Who exactly have we lined up as alternatives?

Will they come on board?

Fact - like it or not we lost today & also lost ground

Where is the reaction, the clock is ticking

COYW!