https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Cardiff?

Started by @jolslover, January 04, 2017, 09:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: EastEndWhite on January 06, 2017, 04:58:57 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on January 06, 2017, 03:13:36 PM
TEAM NEWS: @Jokanovic is planning to field a strong side when #FFC face Cardiff in the @EmiratesFACup on Sunday >

Good news.
049:gif

Very good news
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on January 05, 2017, 03:06:54 PM
We should play the strongest team possible. The team that played against Brighton would do for me. I don't think that our first teamers need a twelve day break before their next league match. This is considered my many people as the best cup competition in the world and we should aim to get as far as possible. If we are to get knocked out at some stage in the competition I would rather it be against a top Premiership team rather than a third-rate Championship side.

One of many attractions with The F.A.Cup is being sat in front of the telly on the Monday night waiting for the draw and wondering who we might get in the following round. If we don't get through I won't be tuning in to find out who Cardiff's next opponents will be. Many of our first team will have never played against Premier League opposition and would greatly appreciate the experience if it was to arise.

We should also be aware of the financial rewards of a decent cup run. A tie against Manchester United, for instance, would bring in a very significant bit of revenue with gate money plus obvious television money as their matches are also shown live. There are many other Premiership opponents that could also provide very useful revenue for our club.

Unfortunately due to the fact that I live in the north of England I am unable to get to Cardiff for the game but when the fourth round matches are played I have no wish to be spending my time sat in front of the telly following the results from all the games. I want to be watching Fulham.

I would very much doubt that Neil Warnock will oblige us by picking a weakened team.

I'm in agreement with the above. We created chances against Brighton we need to learn to convert them, build a winning mentality and rebound as a team.

FPT

Quote from: FPT on January 05, 2017, 11:21:43 PM
I'd definitely change it up a little, would be good to see Marcus Bettinelli back in between the sticks before a seemingly inevitable loan away. I would also change both the full backs, leave the Brighton centre back partnership (my personal 3rd and 4th choice central defenders). Good opportunity for Scott Parker to get 90 minutes in his legs, I'd also like to see Lasse Vigen Christensen get a game before he possibly leaves on loan as well next to Dennis Adeniran in midfield. I'm a fan of Tayo Edun, I think he's our most natural replacement for Floyd Ayite in our current squad, despite his young years, he provides great energy and quality delivery.

Bettinelli
Odoi, Sigurdsson, Ream, Sessegnon
Parker,
Christensen, Adeniran
Piazon, Humphrys, Edun

Subs; Joronen, Madl, McDonald, Tunnicliffe, Cairney, G.Williams, Smith.

I'd be ok with that, good experience for the young players to go out, enjoy themselves and play with freedom. The Cup means very little to me until we're back in the Premier League. Of course the dream is to lift the trophy, but with the volume of games in the division and still the top six being in touching distance still - lets give our starters some rest and give our fringe players an opportunity to prove themselves.

Slavisa tore that up with his press conference yesterday - though the same back four wouldn't surprise me.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 06, 2017, 07:34:56 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on January 06, 2017, 04:58:57 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on January 06, 2017, 03:13:36 PM
TEAM NEWS: @Jokanovic is planning to field a strong side when #FFC face Cardiff in the @EmiratesFACup on Sunday >

Good news.
049:gif

Very good news

Woolly Mammoth

We should take this FA Cup match seriously, it's a competition which we have entered which means we should compete. So we must select a strong team for all the reasons stated. To hear people say it's good for players to rest is really pathetic. These players are athletes, the next match is not for another six days, and we haven't played for six days. The players have all week to rest. Years ago In the days when men were men and women loved them for it, having a so called rest, was never brought in conversation, that's when we had no subs. Now players get subbed and don't even play a full game, and I am hearing daft suggestions that they need a rest, and some people are even suggesting they could get injured.
Well they could get injured in training or painting their toenails. Wrapping them up in cotton wool will turn them into softies, and then seeds of doubt are sown in their minds that they are not fit when they actually are, and their mental strength is then diluted. Players need to play together as often as possible for many reasons. Not tinkering and playing them on a rota.
Also the majority of players want to play, it's in their blood.  I don't want to breed another generation of wimps. Man up, they should be told to roll their sleeves up and have fire in their bellies and sweat blood, not wipe their noses for them. Make Warriors and Winners and Fighters out of them, not turn them into glass ornaments with the mental strength of a Barbie Doll.
It's not just about physical fitness, it's also about mental strength also, and neither will be achieved by what is described as resting players. It's enough to give a dog diarrhoea.
Bobby Keetch, Jimmy Langley and many other Fulham legends would be turning in their graves, if they read some of the dialogue about resting players. We shouldn't even be discussing it.

Never forget your Roots.

Asotosyios

I think we should make a few changes, but not too many. Not necessarily to rest some players or avoid injuries, but to give a chance to some others to show what they can do and keep them match fit. My team: Bettinelli; Odoi, Sigurdsson, Ream, Sessegnon; McDonald, LVC; Aluko, Cairney, Piazon; Smith

SP

It'll be nice seeing Jazz Richards play again, but who will take our penalties?

Woolly Mammoth

It would be nice to see Richards struggle to play again. I doubt if we will be awarded a pen down there. If we do, then as professional footballers they should all want to take them. Maybe whoever is our Goalkeeper should take them. But whoever it is should not be wearing gloves. Except maybe the Goalkeeper.

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Those who wanted to see George Williams play will be disappointed, as he played in the PL2 game today.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/pl2/2016_2017/league/home/stoke-city

Fulham Tup North

George Williams is a young bloke. Nothing to stop him travelling with the team and maybe getting a spot on the bench! His confidence will be sky high and he won't even notice the cramp.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"