watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Cardiff?

Started by @jolslover, January 04, 2017, 09:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I wont be happy if we play the same eleven for Barnsley. What if Aluko gets injured? Ayite and Kebano are away. If Kalas comes back and gets injured again. If Cairney gets injured etc.

I appreciate trying to keep the winning and momentum going after Brighton is important but imo its more likely we will beat Barnsley if everyone has a rest and avoids injuries. I have faith in the kids.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

twang

Assuming Woodrow is off on loan and that Madl's road to recovery would benefit from getting some game time.

Bettinelli
Odoi - Sigurdsson - Madl - Sessegnon
Parker - Tunnicliffe
Christensen - Jozabed - Piazon
Humphrys

Subs: Button, Ream, Edun, Adeniran, de la Torre, Aluko & Smith

David Allen Crankshaw

We should play the strongest team possible. The team that played against Brighton would do for me. I don't think that our first teamers need a twelve day break before their next league match. This is considered my many people as the best cup competition in the world and we should aim to get as far as possible. If we are to get knocked out at some stage in the competition I would rather it be against a top Premiership team rather than a third-rate Championship side.

One of many attractions with The F.A.Cup is being sat in front of the telly on the Monday night waiting for the draw and wondering who we might get in the following round. If we don't get through I won't be tuning in to find out who Cardiff's next opponents will be. Many of our first team will have never played against Premier League opposition and would greatly appreciate the experience if it was to arise.

We should also be aware of the financial rewards of a decent cup run. A tie against Manchester United, for instance, would bring in a very significant bit of revenue with gate money plus obvious television money as their matches are also shown live. There are many other Premiership opponents that could also provide very useful revenue for our club.

Unfortunately due to the fact that I live in the north of England I am unable to get to Cardiff for the game but when the fourth round matches are played I have no wish to be spending my time sat in front of the telly following the results from all the games. I want to be watching Fulham.

I would very much doubt that Neil Warnock will oblige us by picking a weakened team.

HectorWeso

I think SJ will pick the strongest team possible. Which means Scauley up front. Happy days!

Southfield White

I'm torn on this one, I agree we don't have a game for a near full week so no reason to not play our strongest side unless you're worried about injuries suspensions.

On the other hand , there's no bigger supporter of our youngsters so would love to see Ryan and Dennis and Tayo get a run out.

It all depends where Slavs priority stand.
The ones who are not going will probably want 11 changes where those going will want to see our strongest side out.

love4ffc

I love competitions like this that include teams from all levels so I hope we take it serious and put out a strong team.  Who knows, worse things could happen then winning a cup game. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Riversider

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on January 05, 2017, 03:06:54 PM
We should play the strongest team possible. The team that played against Brighton would do for me. I don't think that our first teamers need a twelve day break before their next league match. This is considered my many people as the best cup competition in the world and we should aim to get as far as possible. If we are to get knocked out at some stage in the competition I would rather it be against a top Premiership team rather than a third-rate Championship side.

One of many attractions with The F.A.Cup is being sat in front of the telly on the Monday night waiting for the draw and wondering who we might get in the following round. If we don't get through I won't be tuning in to find out who Cardiff's next opponents will be. Many of our first team will have never played against Premier League opposition and would greatly appreciate the experience if it was to arise.

We should also be aware of the financial rewards of a decent cup run. A tie against Manchester United, for instance, would bring in a very significant bit of revenue with gate money plus obvious television money as their matches are also shown live. There are many other Premiership opponents that could also provide very useful revenue for our club.

Unfortunately due to the fact that I live in the north of England I am unable to get to Cardiff for the game but when the fourth round matches are played I have no wish to be spending my time sat in front of the telly following the results from all the games. I want to be watching Fulham.

I would very much doubt that Neil Warnock will oblige us by picking a weakened team.

It's already been widely reported that Warnock will be resting players and playing a weakened side,
At the end of the day it's going to be two reserve sides playing each other at 11.30am on a Sunday morning in front of about 3,500 fans ,
That's the magic of the Cup for you.

Southfield White

Quote from: Riversider on January 05, 2017, 04:55:40 PM
Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on January 05, 2017, 03:06:54 PM

It's already been widely reported that Warnock will be resting players and playing a weakened side,
At the end of the day it's going to be two reserve sides playing each other at 11.30am on a Sunday morning in front of about 3,500 fans ,
That's the magic of the Cup for you.

For some mad reason, I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Going to Sutton v AFC Wimbledon on Saturday followed by getting up at 5am to get ready to go down to Cardiff, even if we don't play our strongest team.

filham

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 05, 2017, 01:16:17 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 05, 2017, 12:18:47 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 04, 2017, 11:10:16 PM
As there's a nice gap before the next league game I'd hope we'd pick a very strong team, take the FA seriously.
Stranger things have happened than a team playing at Wembley twice.

I was living in Iran and flew back for the Cup Final.
I went to Brum for the Chelsea game + Villa and Man Utd for our cup games.

Us supporters deserve to be treated with respect and a good Cup run would both lift the
team for a play off place and give US all a lift.
Nonsense to anyone who doesn't think the FA Cup is VERY SPECIAL

Also I would insist that Chris Martin plays, does his absolute best or face a huge fine.

I agree with you up until the last paragraph, but I cannot see how that issue can be resolved with Chris Martin.

The ball is in our court (for the next 6 months)
Unless we sign one or two good/better strikers he is the best hope we have for a top 6.
He is under contract MAKE HIM PLAY AND PERFORM
Oh yes lets take the cup seriously, remember a semi final means a trip to Wembly.
With regards to Martin it is best that we see the back of him as soon as possible and that we get a replacement in place without delay. Martin has said that he does not want to play for us and putting him in our team would be foolish, Remember you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

westcliff white

Quote from: HectorWeso on January 05, 2017, 04:31:12 PM
I think SJ will pick the strongest team possible. Which means Scauley up front. Happy days!
If you mean Cauley then he wont be playing, he was told prior to Christmas he could leave in January. Although that may be delayed till the end of the month until the Martin issue sorts itself out
Every day is a Fulham day

grandad

What ever the team I would bring on Martin for the last minute of stoppage time so he would be Cup tied.
Where there's a will there's a wife

love4ffc

Quote from: grandad on January 05, 2017, 07:34:07 PM
What ever the team I would bring on Martin for the last minute of stoppage time so he would be Cup tied.

Ha ha I like it  086.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AnEssexFan

I think this could be the line up for Sunday.         

Joronen
Odoi     Madl     Ream     Sessegnon
          Parker     Adeniran
LVC           Jozabed         Edun
                    Smith
@leightonrw07

FPT

I'd definitely change it up a little, would be good to see Marcus Bettinelli back in between the sticks before a seemingly inevitable loan away. I would also change both the full backs, leave the Brighton centre back partnership (my personal 3rd and 4th choice central defenders). Good opportunity for Scott Parker to get 90 minutes in his legs, I'd also like to see Lasse Vigen Christensen get a game before he possibly leaves on loan as well next to Dennis Adeniran in midfield. I'm a fan of Tayo Edun, I think he's our most natural replacement for Floyd Ayite in our current squad, despite his young years, he provides great energy and quality delivery.

Bettinelli
Odoi, Sigurdsson, Ream, Sessegnon
Parker,
Christensen, Adeniran
Piazon, Humphrys, Edun

Subs; Joronen, Madl, McDonald, Tunnicliffe, Cairney, G.Williams, Smith.

I'd be ok with that, good experience for the young players to go out, enjoy themselves and play with freedom. The Cup means very little to me until we're back in the Premier League. Of course the dream is to lift the trophy, but with the volume of games in the division and still the top six being in touching distance still - lets give our starters some rest and give our fringe players an opportunity to prove themselves.

We Are Premier League

Bettinelli
Odoi     Sigurdsson     Ream     Sessegnon
                  Parker     
          Jozabed     Adeniran 
   Williams     Smith        Piazon

Subs; Joronen, Madl, Fredricks, Malone, LVC, Edun, Humphrys

Jonaldiniho 88

I think it's a bit of a shame to see the fa cup die before our eyes. It seems like the top six of the prem are not prioritising this competition, neither the bottom 5-6. Even in the championship. We are 10th for gods sake and we are going to send the kids out and expect all those ahead of us will be thinking/doing likewise. Once again the bottom of this league I'm sure will be much more concerned in staying up than a good cup run. It seems only teams with nothing to play for in the league, safe but not challenging will give it a proper go. We are a decent side and if my perception that this will be one of the least contested (I'm thinking teams playing their best 11) for a while is correct, we could go a long way. I know even though we are 10th we are still in contention but I think it's a massive shame that the PL and money involved have made it the only competition anyone prioritises. If we play the kids, get knocked out then lose our next three/four league games it will mean the rest of the season with not much to play for.

This has nothing to do with me saying yes to a ticket and 6.30am bus without realising it was a cup game.

ThisIsntAJok

Personally I feel the more experience and match fitness we give to the youngsters and fringe players the better. They didn't have a bad run in the EFL Cup so let's see what they can do against Cardiff.

Betts
Odoi, Sigurdsson, Ream, Sessegnon
Parker, LVC, Adeniran/Jozabed
Williams, Humphrys, Edun

Subs: Joronen, Fredericks, Davies, Adeniran/Jozabed, De la Torre, Woodrow, Smith.

f321ffc

TEAM NEWS: @Jokanovic is planning to field a strong side when #FFC face Cardiff in the @EmiratesFACup on Sunday >
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

mkras99

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/06/team-news

On-loan striker Chris Martin remains out of contention, with Jokanović stating: "You know my position, it's the same as the Club's and he is going to stay with us.

"This situation takes up so much energy, and I have more important things to think about. I'm not coaching only one player, I'm coaching 23 players. You know my position, and I don't have any intention to change it."

EastEndWhite

Quote from: f321ffc on January 06, 2017, 03:13:36 PM
TEAM NEWS: @Jokanovic is planning to field a strong side when #FFC face Cardiff in the @EmiratesFACup on Sunday >

Good news.
049:gif