watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The All Blacks perspective - and Chris Martin

Started by Kentish Gent, January 10, 2017, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentish Gent

I saw a great piece of film the other day about New Zealand's rugby union team the All Blacks - unarguably the greatest rugby side in the world for many years, and possibly the best team in any sport worldwide.

A key part of their success is that they will only pick players who have the right attitude and the right character. If a player suddenly decided not to turn out for the team, he'd never be picked again.

If you accept that honesty, integrity and commitment to the cause are all essential characteristics which apply to every member of a team, and believe it is the right philosophy for Fulham, then where does that leave Chris Martin? 

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

H4usuallysitting

Send him too Derby......he can fight for his place....while we can move on

toshes mate

Martin is an irrelevance to Fulham FC until he makes himself relevant.  Let him beat himself up until he cures his mystery injury.

sunburywhite

IF he does play for us again what sort of reception do you think he will get?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

toshes mate

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 10, 2017, 02:34:26 PM

That's largely up to him isn't it.  If he can get over himself he is a useful Championship striker.

HectorWeso

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 10, 2017, 02:34:26 PM
judging by the f*ck off chris martin we dont want you here chant against Brighton, not a particularly great one Id guess

Riverside

Now there is an idea

Get train with the All Blacks

( He would not last 5 minutes and we can be assured he really would be injured not faking it ) 

Riverside

Seriously though
There is no way back for us or I guess for his team mates after the last 2 weeks
And I agree with the attitude mantra of the All Blacks .

He should go and sadly as he is a loan he can only go to Derby .
So we need to get the most we possibly can from Derby for him.
At least the loan refunded ?

And then we move on .........

snarks

To be blunt, I'm in the position where I back Slav. If he wants him to stay and he then picks him, I'm fine with it. If he wants him to stay and let him play with the development squad that will do me too.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Kentish Gent on January 10, 2017, 01:46:44 PM
I saw a great piece of film the other day about New Zealand's rugby union team the All Blacks - unarguably the greatest rugby side in the world for many years, and possibly the best team in any sport worldwide.

A key part of their success is that they will only pick players who have the right attitude and the right character. If a player suddenly decided not to turn out for the team, he'd never be picked again.

If you accept that honesty, integrity and commitment to the cause are all essential characteristics which apply to every member of a team, and believe it is the right philosophy for Fulham, then where does that leave Chris Martin? 

Up the creak without a paddle.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFCFOREVER

Chuck him back to Derby we dont want players that dont want to wear the badge with pride

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on January 10, 2017, 05:08:59 PM
Chuck him back to Derby we dont want players that dont want to wear the badge with pride
doubt they would have him back now they have nugent. Unless they unload someone else
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham Tup North

I think he has burnt his bridges with us. Hoping Derby sign a few more strikers then he can sit in their Reserves. Saving us money
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Carborundum

I thinking it probably leaves Chris Martin older, wiser and ruing the day he took a decision not to play.  This had very little upside for him, openly confronted a very rich man with a rock solid contractual right and assumed the loyalty of a club that only let him go a few months previously.  He has no good cards left to play and is absolutely stranded, dependent on the wishes of others he cannot control nor influence.  The next six months may go well for him, they may be abject.   The only card he can play in the bad scenario is to eat public humble pie to ask for forgiveness in return for playing some games.  Fulham can quite reasonably let him stew.

I feel uneasy about commenting on other people's character, especially when I haven't met them.  A charitable perspective might be to reflect that reaping the just consequences of bad behaviour often serves to strengthen character.  Mine included.

bobbo

He certainly didn't give his actions a lot of thought before he made them.
To say he's shot himself in the foot is an understatement.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

sunburywhite

Quote from: bobbo on January 10, 2017, 07:00:22 PM
He certainly didn't give his actions a lot of thought before he made them.
To say he's shot himself in the foot is an understatement.

Only trouble is when he shot he missed - AGAIN
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Chesh

It's a real shame that this has happened, because Martin was a very effective piece of our jigsaw.

Apart from his own mis-guided actions, the other people who come out of this with zero credit are:

1) The absolute idiot who advised him to do this, whoever that may be.....

2) The 'wally with the brolly' for blatantly encouraging his actions in the press (i.e. 'lets leave it to the 2 clubs', as if Derby had the right to bring him back, just because he wasn't the manager when he was contracted to us.

I'm not a vindictive person, but if Fulham back down, then it gives the green light for any player to do like-wise, and so if Martin suffers as a result of us not giving in to his disrespectful behaviour, then that is an unfortunate necessity.

If Martin effectively sits on his lardy backside for 5 months, then he only has himself to blame; because unless he eats a massive piece of humble pie (very soon), apologises in a big way for being a complete imbecile, and pays us back with goals, then that is exactly what should happen.

Slavisa's Black & White Army!

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

FFCpmd

Why does everyone think he should play with the reserves, or just stew? I suggest we get him working in admin until the end of the season - perhaps in the ticket office, so he can take our calls....