watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What can we do to help the cause?

Started by SP, January 17, 2017, 08:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

We invest numerous hours on here discussing the hoped for signings & departures but is there anything tangible we can do to increase our chances of success?  I'm on record as wanting the empty seats behind the Putney End goal filled with Fulham fans & introducing safe standing in the old Enclosure.  Any suggestions serious or otherwise?

Having seen the rather low key arrival of the players coach on Saturday, it was underwhelming.  Perhaps we should copy the England Rugby Union team & make the players walk through a sea of hyper pumped-up Fulham fans* from the local Tesco Express store just down the road?

*Yes, I can see recruitment might be a problem.

094.gif

Southcoastffc

We are Fulham.  Have them stroll from Waitrose in Putney High Street to the Embankment then punt across the river.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

VicHalomsLovechild

Perhaps we should copy the England Rugby Union team & make the players walk through a sea of hyper pumped-up Fulham fans* from the local Tesco Express store just down the road?

I'm not so sure a bunch of crazed Riverside ST's full of Sanatogen and beta blockers would produce the desired effect SO.

irishfulham

i go to crystal palace alot where they have a drum in the stands and creates extremely loud atmosphere and gets the home fans going, remember when burton visited the cottage earlier on this season brought maybe 40 supporters but had a drum and that created a loud atmosphere for them

AlexW132

Quote from: irishfulham on January 17, 2017, 11:40:34 PM
i go to crystal palace alot where they have a drum in the stands and creates extremely loud atmosphere and gets the home fans going, remember when burton visited the cottage earlier on this season brought maybe 40 supporters but had a drum and that created a loud atmosphere for them
We had a drum against Wednesday I think

fulhamfan

Quote from: irishfulham on January 17, 2017, 11:40:34 PM
I'm not a fan of whole Palace "Ultra" thing. Its too forced and a bit cringey tbh. We are not German. We are English

VicHalomsLovechild

We had a drum, it even had its own seat. Some loved it others didn't. The fella who played it very sadly died. I think it may have been a car accident.
During the Europa run I was impressed with the banners, flags and endless songs some of the teams we played had.

cookieg

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on January 17, 2017, 09:21:47 PM
  Perhaps we should copy the England Rugby Union team & make the players walk through a sea of hyper pumped-up Fulham fans* from the local Tesco Express store just down the road?

I'm not so sure a bunch of crazed Riverside ST's full of Sanatogen and beta blockers would produce the desired effect SO.

It would only take a few bad results and the crowd could get ugly (well uglier than most of them are anyway) and the players would be pelted with rotten tomatoes!

toshes mate

If the players entertain the atmosphere creates itself, although I have no hatred for drums and/or live music to spur it on.   I thought the Iceland fans at last year's Euros were brilliant.

win-dup

Anyone starts banging a sodding drum near me will get a smack from my leatherette pension book cover.

H4usuallysitting

Apparently in the Jags stadium they have a swimming pool....we could have a hot tub by each corner flag

ron

Quote from: toshes mate on January 18, 2017, 12:21:08 PM
If the players entertain the atmosphere creates itself, although I have no hatred for drums and/or live music to spur it on.   I thought the Iceland fans at last year's Euros were brilliant.

Then perhaps the triumphal procession should start amongst the frozen food cabinets in Iceland rather than Tesco's or Waitrose?

....or maybe a royal progression down the Thames on a barge...

"Quinquiremes of Hammersmith from distant Putney
rowing home to haven at sunny home game time.."   ?

Logicalman

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 18, 2017, 12:46:48 PM
Apparently in the Jags stadium they have a swimming pool....we could have a hot tub by each corner flag

Two to be exact!

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Twig

Burgf001

Genuinely, I think moving the more passionate and singing fans of the Hammy End to the Riverside end near the away fans or to the Putney end and ditching the 'neutral' bit would improve the atmosphere significantly

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Burgf001 on January 18, 2017, 05:38:08 PM
Genuinely, I think moving the more passionate and singing fans of the Hammy End to the Riverside end near the away fans or to the Putney end and ditching the 'neutral' bit would improve the atmosphere significantly

Really, neither of these is ever going to happen, are they?

The 'singers' have traditionally stood in the Hammersmith End. They are not going to want to be in the Riverside, to pay the extra for the privilege and certainly not going to want to sit which they will be forced to do. The Riversiders are not going to want them there. And the police will not want them near the away supporters.

And the police and the FA are never going to allow the most vocal of our supporters and the away fans in the same section or using the same entrance.

SP

Quote from: Twig on January 18, 2017, 03:16:44 PM
Reintroduce the Cravenettes?

Even though I doubt this would help motivate the players, I'd certainly support this suggestion.  Expect they're getting on a bit now though?

:005:

kiwian

Drums are for concerts, cheering is for football matches.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Woolly Mammoth

Well the idea was of good intentions as it was a way of drumming up support.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Flares......circa 1970......and perms