watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA Cup run- Do we want one?

Started by terryr, January 28, 2017, 07:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

As we will ultimately get beaten anyway, do we want to kill ourselves in a Cup run or put all our energies into a 6th place finish?

Sgt Fulham

We haven't been to Wembley in a long time. Just like busses, we're owed two at the same time and will win both the FA cup and the playoff final. Probably.

Mince n Tatties

Yes of course.
FA Cup has been devalued too long now.

ffc73

Yes as, after the last 2 league results I am looking realistically at a 7 - 10 place league finish this season.  Huge improvement on last few seasons but I feel an under achievement on both the quality of our players and our style of play.  Reading.  3rd best in this division?  Really? 

I would like a run in the FA Cup to lift my spirits and for it to act as a catalyst for a good finish to this season and more importantly a springboard for a serious top 2 attempt in 17/18

Williams Tale

Fa cup final on sat 27th may , play off final on mon 29th may, if we are in both which game do we play our strongest side .?

toshes mate

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 28, 2017, 07:24:12 AM
We haven't been to Wembley in a long time. Just like busses, we're owed two at the same time and will win both the FA cup and the playoff final. Probably.

That is the very spirit I love with an alcoholic ending too......

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

gezkc

I'm not sure we'll make top 6 now, so an FA Cup run would be very welcome.

grandad

A Cup run earns us more money to pay the salaries of more loan players.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

We should still  put everything into getting into the top six, but if a cup run happens it would be good.

Just focus on every game as it comes. Slavisa doesn't seem to be resting players for the  cup anyway, and a win tomorrow would be good for morale.

nose

i follow the shankly approach... try and win every game and play your best team. success breads success.

tommy

I would love an FA Cup run. If we can get a result against Hull, which is very possible, and also seeing how Hull beat Man Utd who are 5th in the Premier League. This means that we are better then Man Utd, which makes us a top 4 premier league team. So the knock on effect from beating Hull would mean guaranteed promotion this year, top four premier league finish next year and champions league qualification the following. All from beating Hull tomorrow.

FACT

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Williams Tale on January 28, 2017, 08:46:48 AM
Fa cup final on sat 27th may , play off final on mon 29th may, if we are in both which game do we play our strongest side .?

Both, but if it were one or the other I'd choose the cup game. 3 teams are promoted from the championship each season whereas only one wins the FA Cup, and that's usually one of the top 6. Win the cup and then go up as champions in style the next season. 8)

rusty shackleford

Id take a cup run as I dont think we are quiet good enough for the playoffs. Maybe next year if we can re-sign Slav. Knowing us we will be fighting relegation with Alan Curbishly in charge tho

bill taylors apprentice

Play to win every game and see where it takes you.
Simple!

f321ffc

Quote from: Williams Tale on January 28, 2017, 08:46:48 AM
Both if we should get there play your strongest team in every game, an FA cup run to Wembley would be great, I went to every game home and away in 1975, the most games played to get to the FA cup final and a record that now cannot be beaten.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

AlexW132

I don't mind as long as we get no replays, as it messes up our schedule

filham

While the opportunity is there grab it. Each round of the cup becomes more interesting and a Fulham trip to Wembley is something to be savoured.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 28, 2017, 09:43:09 AM
Play to win every game and see where it takes you.
Simple!

Exactly. Two winning Wembley appearances in the same season is well over due.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Grumpy Worthing White

A cup run would be nice if we beat Hull and get a top Prem club back at The Cottage, `cos I can`t see us making the play offs
, but I`m the ever grumpy old  pessimist.