https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Martin SIGNS... new contract with Derby

Started by Rambler, January 28, 2017, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Chutney

Get this scummy man out of our club. Send him on gardening leave immediately, let him rot away in the youth team. He has just put egg on the faces of those few left still defending him.
C O Y W

Arthur

Even though his mind is made up, he might have waited until the end of the season before making his extension official.

Maybe he is hoping that the timing of this will push the Club into signing Rhodes (or whomever) and allow him to return to Derby immediately.

There was, however, something of a parallel this time last year when Dembele was prevented from going to Spurs against his will. We knew then that he would only be with us until the end of the season and no longer. I don't recall a thread suggesting that he should be ostracised for wanting to play for a club other than Fulham.

toshes mate

Quote from: Southfield White on January 28, 2017, 07:00:15 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on January 28, 2017, 06:53:35 PM
Quote from: H3Matt on January 28, 2017, 06:49:10 PM
This guy's a real piece of s***. Freeze him out now. As a club, we cannot accept these comments from someone who is currently our player. Let him rot in the reserves until we release him back. I don't care if we have to play a no-striker system with Aluko up front. I never want to see Chris Martin in a Fulham shirt again.

First sentence says it all...  and so are the our backroom boys for letting it happen.

Not sure how we an blame our " back room boys"

Things change in football.

Nigel Pearson didn't want Martin so we took him on loan, then Pearson leaves and MCClaren comes in and wants Martin back.

Fulham make a stand and rightly so say no.

I don't know the full loan agreement but if he wants to go back to Derby then so be it, we move on, but don't blame the club for not sending him back yet

If we had an option to sign him in the window or at the end of the season how come he is allowed to enter a new contract now?

grandad

No player is bigger than the Club. I would make him train on his own. I don´t want him anywhere near any of our loyal players. I would hold him to the terms of his loan. I don´t care if we end up with only Matt Smith as a recognized striker. We have to make a stand.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southfield White

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 28, 2017, 06:46:44 PM
Quote from: SP on January 28, 2017, 06:45:16 PM
Really don't see what Derby see in this guy?
They don't, it's McClaren using him to destabilize us

So he would give a player a 3 and a half year contract just to distablize Fulham? fp.gif

bill taylors apprentice

If I was angry when he went on strike, I don't have words to describe what I think of Derby and Martin now !

Tell me if I'm wrong but the deal was all set up for Martin to sign permanently and it was our call when that was, this window or next?

I suppose there's no legal reason why Derby cannot offer a new contract now while he's still only on loan but it goes against all decent behaviour and is a diabolical way to behave !

He can't possibly play for us ever again surely ?
They are taking the piss big time and we seem to be rolling over and letting them walk all over us !

Keynsham

Quote from: Southfield White on January 28, 2017, 07:06:50 PM

So he would give a player a 3 and a half year contract just to distablize Fulham? fp.gif

Yeah. I'm not buying that either.

It's a rubbish situation though, utterly caused by that special one twit at Derby.

Keynsham

Quote from: Keynsham on January 28, 2017, 07:11:10 PM
Quote from: Southfield White on January 28, 2017, 07:06:50 PM

Yeah. I'm not buying that either.

It's a rubbish situation though, utterly caused by that moron at Derby.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Statto on January 28, 2017, 06:41:12 PM
As has frequently been the case in the last few years, Mackintosh and co really have been made to look stupid and incompetent over every aspect of our search for a new striker, especially the decision to sign Chris Martin. FFS just Send this guy back and start writing cheques (plural) for eight-figure sums now lest the rest of this season will be as miserable as the last two

As you well know from the reply from the EFL it seems that the rules for loans mean that Martin is still registered with Derby and so the EFL will not consider this tapping up. The rules are stupid. Nothing Mackintosh could do about it.

Why don't you try directing your abuse to the clear culprits instead of erroneously against Mackintosh, in this case against Derby, McClaren and the EFL and FA.

Chutney

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 28, 2017, 07:12:38 PM
As has frequently been the case in the last few years, Mackintosh and co really have been made to look stupid and incompetent over every aspect of our search for a new striker, especially the decision to sign Chris Martin. FFS just Send this guy back and start writing cheques (plural) for eight-figure sums now lest the rest of this season will be as miserable as the last two

As you well know from the reply from the EFL it seems that the rules for loans mean that Martin is still registered with Derby and so the EFL will not consider this tapping up. The rules are stupid. Nothing Mackintosh could do about it.

Why don't you try directing your abuse to the clear culprits instead of erroneously against Mackintosh, in this case against Derby, McClaren and the EFL and FA.

And Martin himself, who has been completely disrespectful.
C O Y W

toshes mate

Except Mackintosh signed the contract which was claimed to have an option to sign Martin at the end of the loan spell which was absolutely worthless as we now know.

BestOfBrede

Why we don't complain to Fa re this I'll never understand

St Eve

I suppose there couldn't have been an option to buy so that mistake has to be on us

G_Gribby

CM can't play for Fulham for ever and he can't play for Derby against us (I hope) for ever. We talked about this on the Coach back from Reading the foggy trip. End of story.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

AlexW132

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 28, 2017, 07:18:18 PM
Why we don't complain to Fa re this I'll never understand
Because we can't be arsed simply put, just look at our transfer dealings

Nero

"Derby County is a fantastic club with so many things going for it and driven desire to reach the Premier League." that's the bit that made me laugh didn't they sack Clement because he wanted to get into the premier league and they were like well we aren't that bothered. Lets hope Will Hughes leaves them at the end of the season.

Now was that penalty miss deliberate against QPR

f321ffc

So surely c you next Tuesday Martin won't play for us again Cauley and Humphreys out on loan and if the rumour of Smith to the HAHA'S is true I doubt he will play so who's up front tomorrow?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Arthur

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 28, 2017, 07:10:21 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong but the deal was all set up for Martin to sign permanently and it was our call when that was, this window or next?

I suppose there's no legal reason why Derby cannot offer a new contract now while he's still only on loan but it goes against all decent behaviour and is a diabolical way to behave !

Signing Martin permanently was never going to be a one-sided call; the player has as much choice in the matter as the Club.

Whilst McClaren's public pronouncements have been unwarranted, there is nothing underhand, in my opinion, in Derby offering Martin a new contract. The player was faced with the decision of signing for us or returning to Pride Park. Derby had as much right to offer the player better terms as us (had we wanted to).

Nero

would pmsl laughing if Derby dont make play offs and Wally is sacked and the new manager dont like Martin,