News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is John Terry fit to be England Captain?

Started by finnster01, February 04, 2010, 10:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Clearly not
It is sad to see that idiot wearing the same armband that Johnny Haynes once wore. I hope Capello does the right thing, but then again the rest of the bunch aren't morally and ethically much better. Old England is indeed dying.

BBC Sport - Football - John Terry will not quit England captaincy before talks
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

The Sport Captain and especially a National Sport Captain used to mean more than it does now. You held them up as a figure to respect and who would be the spokesman for the team. Now none of that matters. We hear people argue that we should keep the private life out of the work place. But if you earn some and in some case most of your wages through advertising and sponsorships you cannot turn around and say leave me privates out of this.

Personally I feel ashamed of a side with him as Captain. They in no way will have my support AND I for one will not be saddened if they are knocked out in the group. I love the game and I used to love my Country. I still love the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

I think we've been here, 41 times .. http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=492.0

Looks like this MB is quite split about it all, with arguments on both sides.

finnster01

I didn't mean to try steal anyones thunder, but everytime I read about this fellow my blood starts to boil, and the very sad thing is that the man making the final decision is an Italian. What does he know about wearing the captains band for England? Sir Trevor and his mates copping out again.

WhiteJC

Quote from: finnster01 on February 04, 2010, 10:35:54 AM
Sir Trevor and his mates copping out again.

...and that is whats really wrong, until the FA "grows some" this sort of fiasco will be seen time and time again

Abbotsbury White

Fabio Capello has released a statement clearing the England captain, stating that "I don't know what all the fuss is about... Everyone knows if a full back leaves a hole, it's the job of the centre back to fill it!"
;D
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

The Doctor

the man making the final decision is an Italian.

In one respect, that might not be a bad thing.  Gives him a dispassionate perspective that might help with his decision making.

I'm definitely in the "boot him out" camp.  Having such a devisive issue hanging over the dressing room can't be allowed.  I also think its disgusting that Bridge should even consider it necessary to retire from internationals - he's not in the wrong here and has been punished enough.  And while I'm at it, any player who thinks differently can **** off out of the squad as well.

Quote from: WhiteJC on February 04, 2010, 10:39:24 AM
Sir Trevor and his mates copping out again.

...and that is whats really wrong, until the FA "grows some" this sort of fiasco will be seen time and time again

I disagree with that.  The FA cannot constantly be sticking their oar into what is essentially a mangerial matter.  They have appointed Capello and they have to allow him to do as he sees fit with his squad.  It might be a blessing in disguise that he was off in Switzerland when this story broke. Everyone's been put in an awkward position by Terry's reckless actions and there's one simple solution IMO.  I just hope that for once we have a manager prepared to be ruthless

cebu

Quote from: Mo on February 04, 2010, 10:39:49 AM
Fabio Capello has released a statement clearing the England captain, stating that "I don't know what all the fuss is about... Everyone knows if a full back leaves a hole, it's the job of the centre back to fill it!"
;D

That made me laugh Mo.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: cebu on February 04, 2010, 12:06:46 PM
Quote from: Mo on February 04, 2010, 10:39:49 AM
;D

That made me laugh Mo.
hahaha and me.

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Abbotsbury White

You think its bad at the moment,below is a straight up account from a friend(he swears this is true) who was on the lash with a mate who works for the Sun,(I know to be taken with a pinch),

1. The Sun have lined up another EIGHT women whove slept with him in the last 18 months or so. Enough for a couple of weeks of front pages. Including FHMs own HSH, Tanya Robinson (SFW: http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_04/TanyaRobinsonTR_468x720.jpg) <http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_04/TanyaRobinsonTR_468x720.jpg)>
2. The front page today  that Bridges ex, Vanessa, has slept with five members of the Chelsea squad  is only the beginning. Two other Chelsea players - Gudjonsen and Drogba - were also sleeping with Bridge's girlfriend at the same time as Terry.
3. The Sun is also paying Vanessa £250k to dish everything including the fact that the mystery fifth Chelsea player is, depressingly predictably, Ashley Cole. Which should give Cheryl the excuse she needs to finally dump him (now shes no longer Racist Toilet Cleaner Puncher, but the new Nations Sweetheart)
4. JT has also been sleeping with current team mate Hilario's wife (who also has kids).
5. Away from the bedroom, JT also owes Wembley a substantial amount of money for a box he owns and hasn't paid for, even after he had mates in there   racking up a £20k bill at the FA Cup final.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

LBNo11

...I said no before and that does not change.

He is England captain - if that does not stand for anything in terms of moral obligations (we are not just talking one indescretion here) then I have no interest in watching the team unless they play another International team with a Fulham player in it.

As bobby01 points out, former England manager Eriksson also led by example - so no wonder so many people think it makes no difference, if they can so can we is the attitude...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

LRCN

I also heard last week along with the other stuff mentioned above that he's been doing football accumulator's which included matches that he has been playing in and he slept with a 15 year old. oh and most of chelsea has slept with joe cole's missus. allegedly.

The Rock

So what? If it doesn't affect his footballing ability do you really care? I don't.

If he's a worse footabller because of it - then maybe he's not fit.

finnster01

Quote from: The Rock on February 04, 2010, 04:15:57 PM
So what? If it doesn't affect his footballing ability do you really care? I don't.

If he's a worse footabller because of it - then maybe he's not fit.
I actually do care because I grew up looking up to the captain of England and pretended to be him in the park many times (very unsuccessfully I might add). Captain of England meant something back then

OldBrownShoe

Definitely not. I am with Finn and LB on this one and for pretty much the same reasons.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

The Rock

I just think those days are gone for the time being... and I don't disagree that its a bit of a shame.

John Terry, Tiger Woods, Avram Grant. Welcome to 2010.

LBNo11

Quote from: The Rock on February 04, 2010, 05:24:46 PM
I just think those days are gone for the time being... and I don't disagree that its a bit of a shame.

John Terry, Tiger Woods, Avram Grant. Welcome to 2010.

...I'm sorry Rocky, I cannot agree. Acceptance of lower standards creates further lowering of the same. Let them get away with it and it will not be for the time being, it will degenerate further until people like him do not feel answerable for their actions - to anybody...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Exactly. It is so much more than the armband. Feck me, if anyone made me the captain of the England Origami team I would be absolutely delighted. It is the highest honour one can get, captain of your country it doesn't get any bigger than that, and to be honest the main reason I joined the Royal Navy to serve my country which included a war. I look up to these people.

Nowadays people don't give a crap except for the chaps in Iraq and Afghanistan. God Bless Them All