watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yes or No

Started by Peabody, February 02, 2010, 01:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Ignore the fact that he plays for you know who, should John Terry have the captains armband taken away?

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

Yes.

And it should then be dipped in cyanide and rammed down his throat.

Actually, technically that's a NO then.

finnster01

ABSOLUTELY!!!![/b][/color][/size]
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

No sorry knobbing some bird is nothing to do with football, he has committed no crime, bet half the England squad are at it in some form or other, Beckham didn't get it taken from him for sorting out that cruz bird allegedly

epsomraver

Mr Finn I see that you are having the same problem with smilies and colour changes as I have, I thought I was doing something wrong  :D

OldBrownShoe

Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

JBH

RidgeRider

Yes. A captain's armband is given to the player who shows leadership, on and off the field, so he shouldn't lose his place on the team but they should give the armband to a more deserving leader.

Jimpav

Quote from: epsomraver on February 02, 2010, 01:47:10 PM
No sorry knobbing some bird is nothing to do with football, he has committed no crime, bet half the England squad are at it in some form or other, Beckham didn't get it taken from him for sorting out that cruz bird allegedly

"knobbing some bird" is completely different from having an affair with your team mates missus - as I'm sure Wayne Bridge would testify.

I appreciate these are modern times but if one of my colleagues slept with my wife I would want to batter them.

In short YES

WhiteJC

Yes

as the captain of England he a 'role-model' the job is more than just putting on an arm-band and demanding lots of money to show people around

Lighthouse

Yes for the reasons WhiteJC and RidgeRider have stated far more eloquently than I could.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Scrumpy

Yes.

But he should make the job for Fabio easier by resigning immediately. At least then we might think he had an ounce of remorse.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Equalizer

Absolutely! Give the job to Ashley Cole...  :P
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Jimpav on February 02, 2010, 01:57:51 PM

"knobbing some bird" is completely different from having an affair with your team mates missus - as I'm sure Wayne Bridge would testify.

I appreciate these are modern times but if one of my colleagues slept with my wife I would want to batter them.

In short YES
Well put Jimpav, if he'd have just rumped any old slapper it wouldn't matter, but a team mates bird is well out of order.

Logicalman

As far as I'm concerned, if his captaincy is the best for England, then a definite NO.

Generally, I give considerably less than 2 monkeys as to his, and other players', personal lives, unless it has a detrimental effect on the team, that goes for Fulham as well as England, and although I cannot condone what he did (without appearing hypocritical) I believe it is up to Wayne to decide if it does have any effect.

If Wayne is in the England squad, and he finds he cannot play with Terry, then Capello needs to decide whether he needs Wayne or Terry in the squad, and then I feel that Terry needs to be relieved of the captaincy.

Logicalman

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 02, 2010, 02:39:46 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on February 02, 2010, 01:57:51 PM

In short YES
Well put Jimpav, if he'd have just rumped any old slapper it wouldn't matter, but a team mates bird is well out of order.

Hmm, so if it had been some other footballers girlfriend, not an England team-mate, say Alonso's, what degree would that cause?

GoldCoastWhite

Yes, serial offender but his resignation might leave him with some shreds of respectability. I wonder if he even stopped for a moment to consider the effect of his behaviour on team morale ? Probably not...

finnster01

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on February 02, 2010, 02:45:36 PM
Yes, serial offender but his resignation might leave him with some shreds of respectability. I wonder if he even stopped for a moment to consider the effect of his behaviour on team morale ? Probably not...
If his mother is anything to go by, probably not. Morals, ethics and right & wrongs start with the parents
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on February 02, 2010, 02:47:14 PM
Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on February 02, 2010, 02:45:36 PM
If his mother is anything to go by, probably not. Morals, ethics and right & wrongs start with the parents

Have you heard the story that Jamie Carraghers uncle and anouther member of his clan had a three way with Terrys mum in Baden Baden?, hence the reason why Carragher wont play for England anymore. There is a song about it as well but i forget how it goes.