watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trying to look on the brightside

Started by dannyboi-ffc, February 01, 2017, 12:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H3Matt

It's quite difficult to look on the brightside of this transfer window. Okay, we kept Cairney and our squad always looked above-average. However, we've brought in one striker and failed to land another because we left it late as usual. As soon as I saw Jordan Rhodes going to Wednesday, I threw the towel in. We've sat back and watched as play-off rivals strengthened their squad with a player who has scored 91 goals in this league. We passed on him to gamble on an un-proven striker from a B-League. I don't mean any disrespect to the Belgian league but it's not exactly the most talked about league, is it?

If I was Slav, I would walk now. Fulham have promised time and time again to back him, and they have failed. He should grab Craig Cline by the collar and tell him "Your players, your team. You manage them".

Hughes was right. No ambition. Khan out.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: toshes mate on February 01, 2017, 09:03:19 AM
I am sorry but I don't get SJ's role in all this reductive business.  The guy is asked if he is going to use player 'x' and he replies that 'x isn't good enough for this Club'.  The Board respond by selling 'x' without bringing in 'y', because we know they can sell but they have a problem buying and distinct from 'loaning' a situation they fell in love with as a retort to FFP.  And there are people on here who will not attack the Board and Owner for the misbegotten reason that they must be doing the best they can.  Well they are not doing the best they can but SJ is, and so how about telling the truth about how it really is.  I have been a Fulham supporter for too long not to recognise rubbish in the Board Room when it comes along.

I hope you dont think I'm defending the board? I keep saying it, I cant stand Khan. I'm just seeing things from a more positive point of view or at least trying. It could have been worse.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

toshes mate

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 01, 2017, 09:14:49 AM
I am sorry but I don't get SJ's role in all this reductive business.  The guy is asked if he is going to use player 'x' and he replies that 'x isn't good enough for this Club'.  The Board respond by selling 'x' without bringing in 'y', because we know they can sell but they have a problem buying and distinct from 'loaning' a situation they fell in love with as a retort to FFP.  And there are people on here who will not attack the Board and Owner for the misbegotten reason that they must be doing the best they can.  Well they are not doing the best they can but SJ is, and so how about telling the truth about how it really is.  I have been a Fulham supporter for too long not to recognise rubbish in the Board Room when it comes along.

I hope you dont think I'm defending the board? I keep saying it, I cant stand Khan. I'm just seeing things from a more positive point of view or at least trying. It could have been worse.

No I know you are not defending the Board.  You are a Fulham supporter through and through and I get that from all the stuff you post.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: H3Matt on February 01, 2017, 09:06:10 AM
It's quite difficult to look on the brightside of this transfer window. Okay, we kept Cairney and our squad always looked above-average. However, we've brought in one striker and failed to land another because we left it late as usual. As soon as I saw Jordan Rhodes going to Wednesday, I threw the towel in. We've sat back and watched as play-off rivals strengthened their squad with a player who has scored 91 goals in this league. We passed on him to gamble on an un-proven striker from a B-League. I don't mean any disrespect to the Belgian league but it's not exactly the most talked about league, is it?

If I was Slav, I would walk now. Fulham have promised time and time again to back him, and they have failed. He should grab Craig Cline by the collar and tell him "Your players, your team. You manage them".

I dont get the fuss with Rhodes. Those stats are from 2 seasons ago arent they? He's hardly played for a year now. I agree we should have shown more ambition but imo Clough for 2 million would have been a better gamble than 10million on someone who offers nothing but goals. We've seen with Darren Bent that thats not a great deal to offer if you have lost the knack of it.

Time will tell. Robbie Keane isnt ideal but he knows where the goal is.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: toshes mate on February 01, 2017, 09:19:19 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 01, 2017, 09:14:49 AM

No I know you are not defending the Board.  You are a Fulham supporter through and through and I get that from all the stuff you post.

Thank goodness for that lol. For a minute I thought you were referring to me because I'm the op. Same sentiments towards your posts, always a good read (especially now I know you werent slagging me off lol)

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

toshes mate

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 01, 2017, 09:19:48 AM

I dont get the fuss with Rhodes. Those stats are from 2 seasons ago arent they? He's hardly played for a year now. I agree we should have shown more ambition but imo Clough for 2 million would have been a better gamble than 10million on someone who offers nothing but goals. We've seen with Darren Bent that thats not a great deal to offer if you have lost the knack of it.

Time will tell. Robbie Keane isnt ideal but he knows where the goal is.

For me Enrich was the crunch.  He was the ace up the Board's sleeve except the cards didn't fall as planned and there was no plan B.

ffc2004

Personally I think despite a deal for another striker (Kamara) falling through we've not done badly.  May only have been one addition, but we've shifted a lot of deadwood and kept hold of our best players.  Besides, we're playing well, it's not like much needs to change, and we have adequate cover all round.

H4usuallysitting

Martin has to score over 30 goals this season & assist another 30 goals before I'd even consider accepting his apology, before he kisses the club badge on his way back that small hamlet known as Derbyshire

HamsterWheel

Well I'm happy enough with the window.
We didn't lose Sessegnon (he's a massive FINANCIAL asset and when we eventually sell will help with FFP).
We got a striker in that the manager wants.
We got rid of three strikers (and their wage costs, strikers always earn well) that the manager didn't rate at all.
We kept Piazon and Kalas, 2 players that seen to really like Fulham and are getting better and better.
We sorted Martin out - think he's not daft and knows his tactic didn't work so he now has to prove himself worthy of getting back into the Derby team. he has to face the fact that despite having only had 2 clubs, he's been loaned out FIVE times and at 28 time is running out for him to have a real impact on the game. He'll have seen McCormack washing up at Notts Forest and realise that's not the path he wants to follow.
We kept Cairney - the lynchpin in the team who would be very hard to replace.
Cyriac can score a penalty ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEQiQtdYjds

Think FFP was driving the whole window to be honest, and the results are fine for Fulham. And Berbatov still hasn't signed....

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: nose on February 01, 2017, 08:24:26 AM
Quote from: mitimo on February 01, 2017, 06:56:28 AM
From what I have read on this MB and in various statements by SJ, he wanted a defender, a midfielder and one or two strikers.
He got one of each, don't forget, Kalas was supposed to be going back up the road, that loan got extended, there is your defender, then the two guys yesterday, leaves one more striker/forward to get.
On the face of it Mr Khan has supplied most of what is required.
Bear in mind we do not know that these guys are not the ones identified by SJ,; and we do not know that he wanted to spent megabucks to land anyone.  As has been pointed out elsewhere and is patently obvious, Fulham do everything in secret and for as little outlay as possible,  When we spend big, that is when we foul things up.

how nice, the phenomena of somebody who has posted around or a bit less than 100 being supportive of the indefensible continues.

Why are you so unrelentingly obsessed with post numbers, match attendance and fan credential.  How many times do you need to point out the newness of a user on the forum when they disagree with you, or how many years you've been supporting the club.  Give it a sodding rest and just make your point without tying to add weight to it because you've been a fan longer than many people have been born.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: HamsterWheel on February 01, 2017, 09:31:16 AM
We didn't lose Sessegnon (he's a massive FINANCIAL asset and when we eventually sell will help with FFP).
We got rid of three strikers (and their wage costs, strikers always earn well) that the manager didn't rate at all.
We kept Piazon and Kalas, 2 players that seen to really like Fulham and are getting better and better.
We sorted Martin out - think he's not daft and knows his tactic didn't work so he now has to prove himself worthy of getting back into the Derby team. he has to face the fact that despite having only had 2 clubs, he's been loaned out FIVE times and at 28 time is running out for him to have a real impact on the game. He'll have seen McCormack washing up at Notts Forest and realise that's not the path he wants to follow.

Think FFP was driving the whole window to be honest, and the results are fine for Fulham. And Berbatov still hasn't signed....

Hopefully the Championship keepers havent just watched him take that penalty from this video. I can just see it, he steps up first game, chips it down the middle and the keeper who has done his homework doesnt move and catches it. 2 out of 10.

WayneKerrins

Tosh loving your work this morning. Again you are spot on in my opinion.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on February 01, 2017, 09:35:42 AM
Quote from: nose on February 01, 2017, 08:24:26 AM
Quote from: mitimo on February 01, 2017, 06:56:28 AM
From what I have read on this MB and in various statements by SJ, he wanted a defender, a midfielder and one or two strikers.
He got one of each, don't forget, Kalas was supposed to be going back up the road, that loan got extended, there is your defender, then the two guys yesterday, leaves one more striker/forward to get.
On the face of it Mr Khan has supplied most of what is required.
Bear in mind we do not know that these guys are not the ones identified by SJ,; and we do not know that he wanted to spent megabucks to land anyone.  As has been pointed out elsewhere and is patently obvious, Fulham do everything in secret and for as little outlay as possible,  When we spend big, that is when we foul things up.

how nice, the phenomena of somebody who has posted around or a bit less than 100 being supportive of the indefensible continues.

Why are you so unrelentingly obsessed with post numbers, match attendance and fan credential.  How many times do you need to point out the newness of a user on the forum when they disagree with you, or how many years you've been supporting the club.  Give it a sodding rest and just make your point without tying to add weight to it because you've been a fan longer than many people have been born.

I wish people would criticise on the content of posts rather than on number of post and the incorrect assumption that number of posts actually reflects quality.  It doesn't as one person with thousands of posts on here is a disaster area.....

toshes mate

Quote from: WayneKerrins on February 01, 2017, 09:46:02 AM

Tosh loving your work this morning. Again you are spot on in my opinion.

Thank you kindly. You are pretty good yourself too, and if we all band together who knows what we can achieve.

Mince n Tatties

0001.jpeg

toshes mate

I think the other side of the quality argument that you succinctly emphasise is that we should have quality in reserve and that is not just about numbers but about buying in and keeping young talent that knows it is occupying a place in a Club that has ambition to get as high up the pyramid as it can possibly get.  Roy Hodgson did it with some unbelievably clever work with players who he helped to come good and my only criticism of the man is that he left us (I am being facetious).  SJ is a worthy successor to RH and I'd like the Club to register that loudly and clearly and give him the clout to sort the Boardroom out by saying to eash and everyone of them 'You are not good enough for this Club' if that is what they deserve.  The Club needs to digest what the word quality means and start delivering it in every single employee position.

Lighthouse

But what are the intentions of our club? It doesn't look promising whatever we do on the field. To continue our improvement will need massive investment come the Summer. A few extra, good quality players, would have helped an awful lot. We are not talking  a huge influx of players. Come the Summer, it will mean a huge influx of players and a large investment just to keep the players we want to keep.

A narrow minded approach this January has mad e the future very uncertain. That is a shame. Yes short term it could have been worse. Could have been better. But long term, we have just postponed the inevitable. Which is huge investment or stagnate.

This funnily enough is exactly how I felt when Al was selling the club but before he told us he was. If only we had invested a bit more we could have stayed up. Little margins grow into giant piles of problems.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

For all we know the team in charge of transfers could be doing well under the circumstances - of the funds available, due to Khan, who holds the purse strings, and FFP. We just don't know the ins and outs of the situation.

We can still make the play -offs, and if we manage to get promoted  then we will get an huge financial investment, and presumably/hopefully Khan will want to splash the cash on the players we'll need to stay there.

toshes mate

Quote from: RaySmith on February 01, 2017, 10:39:15 AM
For all we know the team in charge of transfers could be doing well under the circumstances - of the funds available, due to Khan, who holds the purse strings, and FFP. We just don't know the ins and outs of the situation.

We can still make the play -offs, and if we manage to get promoted  then we will get an huge financial investment, and presumably/hopefully Khan will want to splash the cash on the players we'll need to stay there.

That is the total irony of the situation.  A team playing their socks off to get the results they deserve and recover from the inevitable blemishes that happen along the journey.  We could make an FA Cup final, stranger things have happened, and I salute all the current squad players (apart from one) for their efforts to give us entertainment second to none.  Neither SJ  nor the squad (minus one) have let us down, and I wish them all the luck in the world and champagne twice at Wembley in May.  As for what happens after then I hope Khan doesn't muscle in on the celebrations because he has done the barest minimum to make it happen. 

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: HamsterWheel on February 01, 2017, 09:31:16 AM

You are wrong to be happy !

Even a blind man can see we are close to something good happening but its time to be bold to ensure we achieve top 6.
There has been a lack of ambition !

More importantly, if the managers not happy with the window we are all going to be very unhappy soon !