Main Menu

Trying to look on the brightside

Started by dannyboi-ffc, February 01, 2017, 12:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 01, 2017, 11:52:14 AM
Quote from: HamsterWheel on February 01, 2017, 09:31:16 AM
Well I'm happy enough with the window.
We didn't lose Sessegnon (he's a massive FINANCIAL asset and when we eventually sell will help with FFP).
We got a striker in that the manager wants.
We got rid of three strikers (and their wage costs, strikers always earn well) that the manager didn't rate at all.
We kept Piazon and Kalas, 2 players that seen to really like Fulham and are getting better and better.
We sorted Martin out - think he's not daft and knows his tactic didn't work so he now has to prove himself worthy of getting back into the Derby team. he has to face the fact that despite having only had 2 clubs, he's been loaned out FIVE times and at 28 time is running out for him to have a real impact on the game. He'll have seen McCormack washing up at Notts Forest and realise that's not the path he wants to follow.
We kept Cairney - the lynchpin in the team who would be very hard to replace.
Cyriac can score a penalty ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEQiQtdYjds

Think FFP was driving the whole window to be honest, and the results are fine for Fulham. And Berbatov still hasn't signed....

You are wrong to be happy !

Even a blind man can see we are close to something good happening but its time to be bold to ensure we achieve top 6.
There has been a lack of ambition !

More importantly, if the managers not happy with the window we are all going to be very unhappy soon !
+1 (and then some)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on February 01, 2017, 10:39:15 AM
For all we know the team in charge of transfers could be doing well under the circumstances - of the funds available, due to Khan, who holds the purse strings, and FFP. We just don't know the ins and outs of the situation.

We can still make the play -offs, and if we manage to get promoted  then we will get an huge financial investment, and presumably/hopefully Khan will want to splash the cash on the players we'll need to stay there.

and the dish ran away with the spoon.

Ray Smith, I love your optimism, I wish I could have some of it, if you were a battery you would be positive. I genuinely hope you turn out to be correct.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Carborundum on February 01, 2017, 08:05:50 AM
Brightside.  Well, if one accepts that prospects of promotion this season are slim to none, then there's a fair amount of it.  I'm seeing a brutal Darwinian process being played out where those who won't see us promoted are offloaded, some very swiftly, and those who are good enough are being retained.  We aren't clogging up the squad with mediocrity.  Cyriac will either impress or go back.  One of LVC and Woodrow will probably do well at Burton and be welcomed back.  The player we seem likely to sell for big money in the summer (Cairney) is good, but no more than that and can be replaced.  Championship football is fun.  Cottage marvellous.  Big tie in the 5th round of the cup.  January gone and Spring round the corner. 

Can I have some of the pills you are on Carborundum?
:005:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Carborundum

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 01, 2017, 12:51:59 PM
Brightside.  Well, if one accepts that prospects of promotion this season are slim to none, then there's a fair amount of it.  I'm seeing a brutal Darwinian process being played out where those who won't see us promoted are offloaded, some very swiftly, and those who are good enough are being retained.  We aren't clogging up the squad with mediocrity.  Cyriac will either impress or go back.  One of LVC and Woodrow will probably do well at Burton and be welcomed back.  The player we seem likely to sell for big money in the summer (Cairney) is good, but no more than that and can be replaced.  Championship football is fun.  Cottage marvellous.  Big tie in the 5th round of the cup.  January gone and Spring round the corner. 

Can I have some of the pills you are on Carborundum?
:005:

No need for pills.  Just try to make the following three words the first you utter each day:

Nil carborundum illegitimi

They haven't, they won't and as the foundation for a positive outlook on life, have yet to find better. 

toshes mate

No need for pills.  Just try to make the following three words the first you utter each day:

They haven't, they won't and as the foundation for a positive outlook on life, have yet to find better. 

No need to utter them. Always remember no one can grind you down unless you let them.

Carborundum

Quote from: toshes mate on February 01, 2017, 01:18:49 PM

No need to utter them. Always remember no one can grind you down unless you let them.
Agreed