watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Only 900 odd sold for Birmingham

Started by HillingdonFFC, February 03, 2017, 07:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Bit surprised by this. I know a midweek away game doesnt help but thought we'd have at least 1500 here given £20 admission & plenty of cheap train offers.
Huge game as they all are now. I suppose the new ground factor for most at Burton helped swell numbers but does seem odd that we're not taking much more to Birmingham on a saturday.

SP

The fact it's in Birmingham is enough to deter me.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: SP on February 03, 2017, 08:08:04 AM
The fact it's in Birmingham is enough to deter me.

Really?, I travel to support the team, not bothered by the area, Im not thinking of living there, anyway personally think the Birmingham clubs are great away days.
Loads of pubs & restaurants in the city centre and you can walk from there in about half hour

jelmo

I guess people have other things to do on the weekends than watch football. Eg spend time with their families etc...As there was an away game mid week, you can't blame people for not wanting to goto the away game on Saturday.

Mince n Tatties

We'll sell a few hundred today I should think.
Isn't the forecast bad? Gales and heavy rain,that will put a lot off.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 03, 2017, 08:32:23 AM
We'll sell a few hundred today I should think.
Isn't the forecast bad? Gales and heavy rain,that will put a lot off.

Gales and Heavy rain. This is where Ali Mackintosh comes in handy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

I can not make it this week. It either Burton or Birmingham and went for the midweek game.

Mince n Tatties

I wanted to go as I've  a pal up there (supports Walsall) but the wife has put her foot down.
I'm already locked in a dogs cage in the shed with a bowl of water and not being let out till kick off time.
I wish she'd hurry up with them Bonio,s and a chewy I'm starving.

SP

Quote from: jelmo on February 03, 2017, 08:27:49 AM
I guess people have other things to do on the weekends than watch football. Eg spend time with their families etc...As there was an away game mid week, you can't blame people for not wanting to goto the away game on Saturday.

Spot on, at this stage of my life I have many (far less important things than watching blokes run around what will be a very muddy field) to do at the weekend.  It's bad enough going there for work but at least that's paid.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 03, 2017, 08:39:47 AM
I wanted to go as I've  a pal up there (supports Walsall) but the wife has put her foot down.
I'm already locked in a dogs cage in the shed with a bowl of water and not being let out till kick off time.

Have you got a Lamp Post in the dogs cage. ? You also call your friend the Walsall fan your Pal, but that's the name of a dog food.
Why don't you call him your Chum.

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

I can't explain the exact reason why, because Birmingham has all you would need for a few hours in a city but Birmingham away has always been one of the least enticing fixtures.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 03, 2017, 08:50:10 AM

Have you got a Lamp Post in the dogs cage. ? You also call your friend the Walsall fan Pal, but that's the name of a dog food.

She did let me out into the garden for a run around earlier...Don't know what the neighborhood thought me peeing up a tree...lol

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 03, 2017, 08:53:31 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 03, 2017, 08:50:10 AM

Have you got a Lamp Post in the dogs cage. ? You also call your friend the Walsall fan Pal, but that's the name of a dog food.

She did let me out into the garden for a run around earlier...Don't know what the neighborhood thought me peeing up a tree...lol

Especially with your trousers down to your ankles.

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

I think its a good away day. I'll be there!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

snarks

I just can't do this one, want to do Cardiff and Bristol, and with the 3 home games in 8 days preceding that it's too much of a strain on the wallet given its 2 hrs each way per home game

HillingdonFFC

Brother just picked a ticket up, about 1100 sold

Scrumpy

4th (yes fourth!) away league game on the trot! That doesn't help.

But there'll be a thousand or so up there and I'm sure we'll get behind the team as usual. The momentum is building. All aboard the Fulham express!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

BedsFFC

I remember going to Brum as a young teen for the 1st game of the season. There could only have been a couple of hundred of us.

3-0 down at half time.

2nd half Ivor hat trick we win 3-4.

I'd have been well impressed had we taken 1300 to that game