A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we get a 90th min penalty today..

Started by JoelH5, February 04, 2017, 10:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If we get a 90th min penalty today and 'Chrissy' is playing, do you....?

Want Martin to take it
5 (15.6%)
Sub Cyriac on take take it (with his first ever touch for us)
17 (53.1%)
Other player
10 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

They have a choice of 11 professional players, should be no problem.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

I think we should refuse the penalty. Argue with the referee and get a few players booked and sent off. Then ask the ref to take it. The outcome will be the same.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bill taylors apprentice

Martin will want it !

Whoever wants it the most, that may be the deciding factor ?

f321ffc

I have voted to sub Cyriac on but by then he will already have scored 2 so penalty will complete his hat trick. ( think I might have started on the San Miguel  082.gif too early today)  049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Snibbo

Funny I was pondering a refereeing question today.  If a team is awarded a penalty,  can they immediately bring on a sub to take that penalty? Has it ever happened?

Woolly Mammoth

My understanding is, that they can only use a player who was on the field of play when the penalty kick was awarded.

Never forget your Roots.

Snibbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 04, 2017, 11:10:40 AM
My understanding is, that they can only use a player who was on the field of play when the penalty kick was awarded.
Makes sense.

spoonffc

Martin cannot take them and shouldn't have done from the start, his parent club are directly competing for the playoffs so his head, even subconsciously is not 100% decisive which it needs to be with penalties, we know what footballers are like And he's prob in a WhatsApp group and received little "bants" from the boys back home about it.. I would go cairney, for me he's proved himself a model professional and he's captain, someone suggested malone the other days which isn't a terrible shout. He's got a really good left peg ala baines for Everton

Snibbo

Quote from: Snibbo on February 04, 2017, 11:17:25 AM
Makes sense.
Although:

"Under FIFA Laws Of The Game with no modifications, a substitution may be made at ANY stoppage. This is found in Law 3:

To replace a player with a substitute, the following conditions must be
observed:
? the referee must be informed before any proposed substitution is made
? the substitute only enters the fi eld of play after the player being replaced
has left and after receiving a signal from the referee
? the substitute only enters the fi eld of play at the halfway line and during a
stoppage in the match
? the substitution is completed when a substitute enters the fi eld of play
? from that moment, the substitute becomes a player and the player he has
replaced becomes a substituted player
? the substituted player takes no further part in the match
? all substitutes are subject to the authority and jurisdiction of the referee,
whether called upon to play or not

As far as who is allowed to take a penalty kick, the only stipulation found in Law 14 is this:

The player taking the penalty kick:
? must be properly identified

ANY player may take the penalty kick. As soon as the substitute becomes a player as outlined in Law 3, he may take the penalty kick. Further, if for whatever reason the penalty kick must be retaken, ANY player may take the retaken penalty kick.

These facts are reiterated in the USSF publication Advice To referees On The Laws Of The Game:

the attacking player taking the penalty kick is clearly identified to the referee and the
goalkeeper,
and
14.5 RETAKING THE PENALTY KICK
If a penalty kick is ordered retaken, it is not necessary for the same player to perform the restart."

toshes mate

I have voted for someone else since Button and Fredericks need to add goals scored to their resume for Fulham FC.  Cyriac, when acclimatised to the Club's methods, may be the find of the season and I really hope he is for a lot of reasons and if he has anything above seventy percent success from the twelve yard spot then good for him, and us.

grandad

I would give Malone a go. He is sure to blast it in & not try & pass it in as most of our previous takers have done.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

gang

Quote from: grandad on February 04, 2017, 11:46:01 AM
I would give Malone a go. He is sure to blast it in & not try & pass it in as most of our previous takers have done.

+1

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Snibbo on February 04, 2017, 11:22:21 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on February 04, 2017, 11:17:25 AM
Makes sense.
Although:

"Under FIFA Laws Of The Game with no modifications, a substitution may be made at ANY stoppage. This is found in Law 3:

To replace a player with a substitute, the following conditions must be
observed:
? the referee must be informed before any proposed substitution is made
? the substitute only enters the fi eld of play after the player being replaced
has left and after receiving a signal from the referee
? the substitute only enters the fi eld of play at the halfway line and during a
stoppage in the match
? the substitution is completed when a substitute enters the fi eld of play
? from that moment, the substitute becomes a player and the player he has
replaced becomes a substituted player
? the substituted player takes no further part in the match
? all substitutes are subject to the authority and jurisdiction of the referee,
whether called upon to play or not

As far as who is allowed to take a penalty kick, the only stipulation found in Law 14 is this:

The player taking the penalty kick:
? must be properly identified

ANY player may take the penalty kick. As soon as the substitute becomes a player as outlined in Law 3, he may take the penalty kick. Further, if for whatever reason the penalty kick must be retaken, ANY player may take the retaken penalty kick.

These facts are reiterated in the USSF publication Advice To referees On The Laws Of The Game:

the attacking player taking the penalty kick is clearly identified to the referee and the
goalkeeper,
and
14.5 RETAKING THE PENALTY KICK
If a penalty kick is ordered retaken, it is not necessary for the same player to perform the restart."

Hmmm that's interesting.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

NJFulham

Jonaldiniho 88

I've always wanted to take a penalty with my standing foot. Always bottled it though. It's a shame because I'm awful at penalties and would have just as much chance of going in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWLqMfJ0WsE

The better replay is near the end of the clip

toshes mate

It's good to know the laws of the game are intended to favour the victims of foul play.  Now all we need is referees to ensure the goalie doesn't move off the line before the ball moves and always give the benefit of the doubt to the kicker.

Supermitch

Correct