watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still not giving up

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 04, 2017, 05:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

We are 6 points off of 6th and 9 points off of 5th. 2 and 3 wins away, respectively, if that makes it any easier of a pill to swallow. I still believe in this squad, and we have 17 games left to play...crazier things have happened. That being said, I will not be surprised if we finish between 10th-8th because based on our inability to capitalize on "inferior" teams or win the "big games" when they count, we are simply making too many mistakes and do not seem quite good enough.

I think we can do it, but statistically and probability says we will miss out by between 5-10 points come 07 May. I just hope the players and manager don't leave.

Mike.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Baszab

not good enough because we have 10 players plus one going through the motions

davew

Quote from: Baszab on February 04, 2017, 05:02:54 PM
not good enough because we have 10 players plus one going through the motions
and ended up with 9 + 1.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Robbie

I think we have a Martin sized problem. Playing at 70% and hoping he gets a back door promotion.

MiltonBurrows

Think we have had a great season considering the last 2 but really can't see us getting the play offs now.. it's games like today where we really should be grinding out draws or wins if we are to get a play off spot.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

hopper

You're damn right statto about needing a McBride figure. Someone with a cool head to convert key chances when it matters, as with Ayite today.

For me the Wolves game this year is the one most symptomatic of our problems.

Baszab

We have a squad and a manager easily able to finish top 6

We have been let down by this Martin situation and the fact that the owner couldn't give a toss about FFC as long as it breaks even - that's the board's sole objective

This is such a frustrating position to be in

The Enclosurite

It's definitely not over.  We will not get an automatic spot so the only spot we are aiming for is 6th place.  Over a 2 game play off we can beat anyone and the Wembley pitch will suit our football.  It's 6 points with a superior goal difference...

Don't give up just yet.

049:gif
¡COYW!

dannyboi-ffc

Not good enough to break teams down consistantly. We like to pass pass pass far too much. 6 points is a bloody lot to make up for a team who cant win 3 wins on the trot.

No chance and looking at the body language today, the players agree. We just dont want it as much as Wednesday and the other clubs do.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Woolly Mammoth

I shan't give up, but that's my heart ruling my head. We all seem to have identified our short comings a while back. But the club appear commotosed and are continueing to sleep walk straight off the cliff at Beechy Head. It's criminal.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

It'll be crazy to give up with only a single digit away from playoff and 17 games to go.

Different team peak at different rate and there is also an issue of burnout for top performing team.

HatterDon

wait! You mean that one road loss in early February ISN'T enough for all of us to give up on promotion?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: HatterDon on February 05, 2017, 12:03:25 AM
wait! You mean that one road loss in early February ISN'T enough for all of us to give up on promotion?

Quite right, Don! Unbeknownst to some, there is still hope!

Rebellions, in fact, are built on hope.

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

While there's life there's hope.

I won't give up  until a play off place is mathematically impossible, but we just don't seem to be able to achieve the consistency needed, but hopefully we will put a succession of results together, and a team above us will collapse.

A shame that out main targets for a striker feel through though -  a proven quality goal scorer would have lifted morale. Relying on Martin is obviously unsatisfactory, for more than one reason! Though presumably Slavisa must  think that he plays his best, or else he definitely wouldn't play him. Him and his team  are  experienced, and must have an idea about Martin's effort- any doubt and he would surely be out.

Maybe I'm naïve though. I suppose he is trying, but we all know now that his heart isn't in playing for Fulham- but there's not seen  by management to be any other choice - and obviously Smith and Cauley haven't been considered, though you know they always give their all for Fulham.

Forever Fulham

Neil D

This team could be good enough for a sixth place finish but only if one of the teams in the play-off places implodes - in other words, behaves like teams are supposed to do in this position at this point in the season.  The problem is none of them looks like imploding and we do.

filham

The team are at times playing very attractive football but the question is  it the right type of football to regularly win Championship matches. Six points is a lot to catch teams that are already winning and will require a better winning sequence than we have achieved so far.
The Martin situation is not helping.

However,we now have back to back home against teams beneath us, the situation may look a little better after thse two matches.

Woolly Mammoth

We are playing exhibition football, which is easy on the eye, and brings nothing but applause. But unfortunately not enough positive results to justify we are the finished article
As I have been saying many times we have a soft underbelly, and the team are liable to go into their shells when the heat is turned up and the action gets physical. That is why less technical teams have adopted the right formula to overcome this Division and give themselves a chance of promotion. You cannot play tippy tappy close one and two touch football ten yard balls to feet and nothing else. Experience in Championship football is precious. We do not deserve the individuals running our club, who feed us with a diet of errors of judgement, inexperienced and naive decisions making, and hide behind closed doors when they are incapable of carrying out negotiate and networking to the required standard.
When I say "we," I do not just mean my pet Dung Beatle and I. I mean the Manager and his staff. The players and the supporters.

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

I am also not giving up and know we are the best footballing side in the Championship. But we have an achilles heel in that some of our finishing is woeful, looking at the highlights how did Ayite not even hit the target and he is not alone this season, Sone Aluko has also missed some chances even I feel I would have made a better fist of.

If you look at the stats of most of the games our ratio of shots to shots on target is poor and ofter worse than the opposition, it was on Wednesday and yesterday. Hoping for better things over the rest of this month.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.