News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa Jokanovic has confirmed he is in talks with the club over a new contract

Started by Chesh, February 17, 2017, 01:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Please do not count your chickens before they are hatched.
I would imagine Khan if he can fit it in to his schedule, will have to wait until he receives a report from Kline, his sons best mate, a review on Joks stats.
Which going by Klines previous record so far. Khan, if he hasnt forgotten who Fulham are, may receive the stats on the last minute of the last day of the Summer Transfer Window.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on February 17, 2017, 04:06:51 PM
Give the man whatever he asks for. He is so important for not only the present but the future. Whatever we have to pay him will be small change if we can gain promotion if not this season but next.

There lies the problem, they will not give what the man asks for, only what the computer tells them.

Never forget your Roots.

FFCFOREVER

If there was ever a time to do "whatever it takes" then it is now.Signing Joka up long term has to be the aim and the most important piece of business we can do.More so than getting a new striker even.Come on Shad sort it out.

RaySmith

Very important to try and keep the continuity - he's done a great job under the circumstances, and we can go places with him if he gets the right backing.

Riversider

Would beating Spurs on Sunday increase or decrease our chance of keeping Slavisa ?
Victory and we will want to keep him more but at the same time his profile gets hi lighted world wide,
But defeat and people (outside of Fulham) forget about him and we move on to Bristol City away,
Slavisa historically will manage whoever offers him the most money, will it be us this summer ?

Porthogs FC

I think, by now, that Slav has proven his worth not just to us but to other teams with ambitious owners. We've allowed him to set up his team the way he wants, to play attractive football. Perhaps we have not allowed him to sign all the players he wants, however it's very rare that any coach gets that.

We are extremely good at cutting the fat now. We literally have no extra, unwanted players left on our roster. Now it's more of an issue of finding better players in the required positions that make us more competitive and better overall. This is partially Slav's doing, I would think we can all agree on that. Now if we don't achieve playoffs, can hold onto our core, and add another 3 - 4 key players, we should vi for automatic promotion next year.

Please sign on the dotted line Slav!

Woolly Mammoth

Depends on what motivates Jok more, and what he perceives to be where he is happiest, and how much the club show that they want to keep him and appreciate him and reward him, and how ambitious the club is.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: grandad on February 17, 2017, 04:06:51 PM
Give the man whatever he asks for. He is so important for not only the present but the future. Whatever we have to pay him will be small change if we can gain promotion if not this season but next.
We have to be careful though, we need to retain some money to buy players!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ToodlesMcToot

Signing him well before the end of the season is paramount IMHO. It'd send a message to everyone that continuity is indeed valued and that the foundations of the squad are solid and ready to be built upon.

And, it mitigates any fears on the part of Cairney, Sessegnon, and others that the club's target is Championship mediocrity. Slavisa's signing should signal that the club's intent is indeed promotion.

I would hope that the club and Slavisa could come to terms on a 2 year deal with a club option for a third. It would be out of character for the club to negotiate much more than that and I don't believe anything more is really warranted atm.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 17, 2017, 04:38:18 PM
Depends on what motivates Jok more, and what he perceives to be where he is happiest, and how much the club show that they want to keep him and appreciate him and reward him, and how ambitious the club is.
Well we already have answers to the last part of your statement, are they going to have a change of heart now success this year is almost beyond us?

St Eve

bill taylors apprentice

There's a lot of good reasons to retain him and that would be my aim.

There are also many examples of those running the club NOT doing what it takes to get the right deal done for the right man!

Or is that just my perception?

rvFFC

Give Slav a bonus if he hits the top six this season as a bit of extra incentive, a big money contract, full control of transfers and a decent budget. 051

Burntheashes

Except keeping Martin/ST matters and loaning LVC out, he really did a decent job in making us to hope again.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: davew on February 17, 2017, 04:41:58 PM
Well we already have answers to the last part of your statement, are they going to have a change of heart now success this year is almost beyond us?

Negative, negative, negative. At least we can be sure the team and SJ are still thinking it's not over yet.

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Chesh

Quote from: Burntheashes on February 17, 2017, 05:33:33 PM
Except keeping Martin/ST matters and loaning LVC out, he really did a decent job in making us to hope again.
What is ST?....... and regards loaning out LVC, I can see nothing wrong in that. LVC was a shining light when we had all the dross, but imo he can't get anywhere near our midfield at the moment, and loaning him out at an equivalent level is the sensible thing to do to keep him ticking over.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

BestOfBrede

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 17, 2017, 04:41:19 PM
Signing him well before the end of the season is paramount IMHO. It'd send a message to everyone that continuity is indeed valued and that the foundations of the squad are solid and ready to be built upon.

And, it mitigates any fears on the part of Cairney, Sessegnon, and others that the club's target is Championship mediocrity. Slavisa's signing should signal that the club's intent is indeed promotion.

I would hope that the club and Slavisa could come to terms on a 2 year deal with a club option for a third. It would be out of character for the club to negotiate much more than that and I don't believe anything more is really warranted atm.
0001.jpeg

davew

Quote from: EastEndWhite on February 17, 2017, 06:01:57 PM
Quote from: davew on February 17, 2017, 04:41:58 PM

Negative, negative, negative. At least we can be sure the team and SJ are still thinking it's not over yet.
I am also thinking it is not over yet, I didn't say it is over yet!

Arthur

If the Club have got any nous, it will give the guy a three-year deal. Far more likely, in my opinion, than the Club wanting rid of Jokanovic and having to pay compensation is that he will be coveted by a 'bigger' club. With Slavisa under contract, at least we can be the ones who are compensated were he to want to go.