News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa Jokanovic has confirmed he is in talks with the club over a new contract

Started by Chesh, February 17, 2017, 01:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

.... as per the Get West London version of the press conference at 1.43pm.

Sounds relatively promising, bearing in mind some of the rumours recently about Joka definitely going?

I should say, it wasn't repeated in the club's twitter feed of the press conference.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Friendsoffulham

Slavisa Jokanovic confirms Fulham contract talks
The Serbian agreed an 18-month deal when he joined the Whites in December 2015 and has overseen a dramatic turnaround in fortunes at Craven Cottage this season

Slavisa Jokanovic has confirmed that he is holding contract talks with Fulham over staying beyond the end of this season.

The Serbian agreed an 18-month deal when he joined the Whites in December 2015 and has overseen a dramatic turnaround in fortunes at Craven Cottage this season.

Last season saw Fulham struggle at the wrong end of the table but, going into the final few weeks of the campaign, the west Londoners have a chance of a play-off spot.

Fulham fans are keen for Jokanovic, who has been linked with jobs elsewhere come the summer, to commit his future to the club.

And, for the first time, the Whites boss has confirmed that he is in talks to remain at Craven Cottage.

"I'm under contract and I am motivated to keep going and that's it," he said.

"We are talking about this right now. I am happy here and it's a great club and we need to be more successful than we are and that's it.

"This is part of the football business. I try and focus on my daily job."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/slavisa-jokanovic-confirms-fulham-contract-12619906

f321ffc

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on February 17, 2017, 02:25:22 PM
Slavisa Jokanovic confirms Fulham contract talks
The Serbian agreed an 18-month deal when he joined the Whites in December 2015 and has overseen a dramatic turnaround in fortunes at Craven Cottage this season

Slavisa Jokanovic has confirmed that he is holding contract talks with Fulham over staying beyond the end of this season.

The Serbian agreed an 18-month deal when he joined the Whites in December 2015 and has overseen a dramatic turnaround in fortunes at Craven Cottage this season.

Last season saw Fulham struggle at the wrong end of the table but, going into the final few weeks of the campaign, the west Londoners have a chance of a play-off spot.

Fulham fans are keen for Jokanovic, who has been linked with jobs elsewhere come the summer, to commit his future to the club.

And, for the first time, the Whites boss has confirmed that he is in talks to remain at Craven Cottage.

"I'm under contract and I am motivated to keep going and that's it," he said.

"We are talking about this right now. I am happy here and it's a great club and we need to be more successful than we are and that's it.

"This is part of the football business. I try and focus on my daily job."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/slavisa-jokanovic-confirms-fulham-contract-12619906
Well let's hope that whoever it is, ultimately Khan Senior I suppose gives  Slav everything he wants including a big fat transfer kitty for the Sumer. COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Rambler

Keeping my fingers firmly crossed that he signs. Stability is vital. Especially when we have a great manager.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Burt

It would be great to get him signed up and sorted. Just hope he isn't tempted elsewhere...

hovewhite

Come on shad get the deal and slav signed up so its done and dusted our best manager of shads stewardship by a country mile.

Horsfield_No9

We better not mess this up. If we do offer him a deal I hope it's one which reflects the job he's doing i.e longer that 12-18 months. I think 2 year would be fair at this point.

Joking with my friends that we'll prob offer a loan with an option and he'll become Derby boss in the summer.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Southcoastffc

It'd be the best signing in recent history and would give the playing squad a real boost.  IF SJ does sign a new contract it'd also be a huge sign to supporters that Shahid Khan is seriously committed to FFC.  Fingers and every other crossable things are crossed.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Riversider

Need it signed and sealed before the final game of the season, so many season tickets will depend on his decision ,
Can't afford to let this drag on all summer, I will hold off from renewing my 3 season tickets until the management situation is resolved, would hate to renew only for Pardew to replace Slavisa !

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 17, 2017, 03:08:13 PM
It'd be the best signing in recent history and would give the playing squad a real boost.  IF SJ does sign a new contract it'd also be a huge sign to supporters that Shahid Khan is seriously committed to FFC.  Fingers and every other crossable things are crossed.

Yep totally agree. Probably one of the few things Khan has done right if he signs.
Huge boost for us fans, had plenty of ITK  people tell me hes definitely off

ChesterTheTabby

He is the biggest reason for our season's success, and with him the club can continue to climb. I fear without him it would be another 3-4 seasons to get back to where we are. I also fear that if he leaves so will many of the players, they seem to really respect him.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

One James stannard

Would be fantastic news to get him signed up for a good few years, not that contracts count for much anymore

Fulham 442

My thoughts exactly!

Lighthouse

Trying to keep the Fulham project going and have some sort of continuity is important. But I still don't buy into this Joka is God or the best signing we could make. Be great if he stays but not such a tragedy other than a new coach would want his own ideas brought in.

Mind you we will have enough on our hands trying to bring in a forward or two and a decent centre half in the Summer without worrying about a manager or coach.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Would be great news if he does sign. I certainly didn't expect it to happen following January  but if it does then it would dispel some rumours on here.
But we wait and see and fingers crossed

grandad

Give the man whatever he asks for. He is so important for not only the present but the future. Whatever we have to pay him will be small change if we can gain promotion if not this season but next.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Neil D

Quote from: Riversider on February 17, 2017, 03:08:47 PM
Need it signed and sealed before the final game of the season, so many season tickets will depend on his decision ,
Can't afford to let this drag on all summer, I will hold off from renewing my 3 season tickets until the management situation is resolved, would hate to renew only for Pardew to replace Slavisa !
There's worse than Pardew out there e.g. Fat Sam aka the Northern Jowl Meister.

Forever Fulham

One thing almost all of us can agree on.  This guy is so worth keeping.  He's the real deal.