News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa Jokanovic has confirmed he is in talks with the club over a new contract

Started by Chesh, February 17, 2017, 01:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: EastEndWhite on February 17, 2017, 06:01:57 PM
Quote from: davew on February 17, 2017, 04:41:58 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 17, 2017, 04:38:18 PM
Depends on what motivates Jok more, and what he perceives to be where he is happiest, and how much the club show that they want to keep him and appreciate him and reward him, and how ambitious the club is.
Well we already have answers to the last part of your statement, are they going to have a change of heart now success this year is almost beyond us?

Negative, negative, negative. At least we can be sure the team and SJ are still thinking it's not over yet.

Never make the mistake of confusing negative with reality.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: davew on February 17, 2017, 08:21:40 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on February 17, 2017, 06:01:57 PM
Quote from: davew on February 17, 2017, 04:41:58 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 17, 2017, 04:38:18 PM
Depends on what motivates Jok more, and what he perceives to be where he is happiest, and how much the club show that they want to keep him and appreciate him and reward him, and how ambitious the club is.
Well we already have answers to the last part of your statement, are they going to have a change of heart now success this year is almost beyond us?

Negative, negative, negative. At least we can be sure the team and SJ are still thinking it's not over yet.
I am also thinking it is not over yet, I didn't say it is over yet!

Accepted.  Maybe my problem is that I still want to believe...

toshes mate

SJ was like a breath of fresh air when he arrived at Craven Cottage and he has brought so much oxygen with him it is hard to imagine even the biggest fool would not doubt we need him to stay here until Khan's original targets are both met and exceeded.  He is one of the most professional managers at Fulham in all my time following the lads and I hope he sticks around for a long time.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on February 18, 2017, 09:45:19 AM
SJ was like a breath of fresh air when he arrived at Craven Cottage and he has brought so much oxygen with him it is hard to imagine even the biggest fool would not doubt we need him to stay here until Khan's original targets are both met and exceeded.  He is one of the most professional managers at Fulham in all my time following the lads and I hope he sticks around for a long time.

and so say all of us

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

All very sensible and I totally agree but my fear is for the sake of a few quid we will loose him.

It could be something like not willing to pay for his back room staff to relocate their families or unwilling to give him three years, only two or the like.

There's a pattern of miss information, miss management and missed opportunities but a 3 year contract signed before the end of the season would go a long way to changing my view of those running our Club

toshes mate

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 18, 2017, 10:12:33 AM

All very sensible and I totally agree but my fear is for the sake of a few quid we will loose him.

It could be something like not willing to pay for his back room staff to relocate their families or unwilling to give him three years, only two or the like.

There's a pattern of miss information, miss management and missed opportunities but a 3 year contract signed before the end of the season would go a long way to changing my view of those running our Club

Just another case of making a positive always sweep aside a negative or as the Chinese might say 'better to have a mighty warrior on your side rather than in opposition'.

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 17, 2017, 03:45:27 PM
Trying to keep the Fulham project going and have some sort of continuity is important. But I still don't buy into this Joka is God or the best signing we could make. Be great if he stays but not such a tragedy other than a new coach would want his own ideas brought in.

Mind you we will have enough on our hands trying to bring in a forward or two and a decent centre half in the Summer without worrying about a manager or coach.

I can't believe you have written this.  Obviously each to their own opinion, but for me SJ is the first effective manager we have had since Roy and the first to get us playing attractive football since JT.  I think it would indeed be a tragedy if we had to go looking for a new coach.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.