https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lincoln

Started by F(f)CUK, February 18, 2017, 02:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

fulhamben

Fair play to them. Hope we get them in the next round
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

And at fortress Turf Moor...Fantastic

grandad

Looking at the wholesale changes being made by the "big" clubs, I wouldn´t be surprised to see other shocks. Shame on them as supporters pay good money to see top players, not 2nd string players.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

First non league in quarter finals in over 100 years..Great for football.
Well done imps.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: grandad on February 18, 2017, 02:56:56 PM
Looking at the wholesale changes being made by the "big" clubs, I wouldn´t be surprised to see other shocks. Shame on them as supporters pay good money to see top players, not 2nd string players.

Trust you to belittle a non league sides achievement, and Burnley a Premier squad still more experienced.
What about praising Lincoln instead eh.

ChesterTheTabby

Would love to see Huddersfield beat Manchester City today.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bill taylors apprentice

I live in Lincoln and they are dancing in the street !

I've been to see them play a few times this season and they are a tough, organised team and Matt Rhead (number 9) is a hell of a player.

If we get through and are drawn away at Sincil Bank it will make life easy for me but not an easy game for our boys!

f321ffc

:wow: Them or Sutton at home please, IF we get through.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

10 man Millwall beating Leicester.

Lighthouse

Too many shocks in the Cup for us to add do it tomorrow. Millwall with ten men beat Leicester.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Walsh

I think we all know what's coming... Arsenal vs Lincoln.

They'll get the easiest cup run in history.

f321ffc

Quote from: Walsh on February 18, 2017, 07:28:53 PM
I think we all know what's coming... Arsenal vs Lincoln.

They'll get the easiest cup run in history.
Thought that it was that lot up the road that always get the easy draw.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

gezkc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 18, 2017, 02:59:37 PM

Trust you to belittle a non league sides achievement, and Burnley a Premier squad still more experienced.

It's a fantastic achievement for Lincoln, no question, but Grandad does have a point. Big upsets will become more and more common if top sides are only ever going to send out their second or third string players for the FA Cup.
Having said that, this is an amazing result and full praise to Lincoln.

Asotosyios

Quote from: gezkc on February 18, 2017, 08:07:34 PM

It's a fantastic achievement for Lincoln, no question, but Grandad does have a point. Big upsets will become more and more common if top sides are only ever going to send out their second or third string players for the FA Cup.

Burnley made a few changes today, but you could hardly call them a second string of players.

The whole changes conversation sounds a bit hypocritic to me though - we all want teams to nurture new talents, have depth etc BUT they should be always playing the same 11 otherwise they are disrespectful.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: fulhamben on February 18, 2017, 02:35:52 PM
Fair play to them. Hope we get them in the next round

They don't, they want a big payday with a premiership club, not little old us.
Re the argument on weakened premiership sides, would we have beaten a full strength Hull side in the last round? We will never know!

F(f)CUK

Having seen the highlights I am so pleased that Joey Barton's team lost.

gezkc

Quote from: Asotosyios on February 18, 2017, 09:08:37 PM
Quote from: gezkc on February 18, 2017, 08:07:34 PM

Burnley made a few changes today, but you could hardly call them a second string of players.

The whole changes conversation sounds a bit hypocritic to me though - we all want teams to nurture new talents, have depth etc BUT they should be always playing the same 11 otherwise they are disrespectful.

As I said, full praise to Lincoln - I'm not belittling their result or saying Burnley put out a significantly weakened team.
My point is, as more and more clubs make Premier League status their priority, we'll see more and more upsets because teams will inevitably save their best players for when it really matters.
Which is a shame, not just for their fans, but also for the smaller clubs whose big Cup tie will be lessened by the bigger clubs not taking it seriously.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 18, 2017, 04:51:42 PM
10 man Millwall beating Leicester.

Watched that game and thought Leicester were very poor.  Not enough effort and commitment coupled with an obvious lack of confidence. They don't utilise their pace as well as last year and they are a shadow of last years team.

Wingnut

Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 18, 2017, 11:12:26 PM
Having seen the highlights I am so pleased that Joey Barton's team lost.

The incident where he intentionally walked into the Lincoln player's arm was very odd. Should have been sent off for the stamp. Have to wonder what goes through his head.

Quote from: Twig on February 19, 2017, 08:21:50 AM
Watched that game and thought Leicester were very poor.  Not enough effort and commitment coupled with an obvious lack of confidence. They don't utilise their pace as well as last year and they are a shadow of last years team.

Okazaki should have had a hat-trick too. The quality of their finishing was very, very poor. They are playing Sevilla next week, who look like a very tidy side. It could be a very long night for Leicester.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.