watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kalas - value

Started by Stillbelieve, February 24, 2017, 07:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

One reason it would be so high is that Chelsea could easily offer him another long expensive contract leaving him tied to the club and wage way out of reach of many. So you pay high now.... Or never get him.

MikeW

Chelsea might have forgotten he even plays for them ... but £8M if they haven't!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

e4b

I recon 7-8 million should do it

hopper

I would be surprised if it was nearly as high as the fees mentioned, with one year left on his contract I would be surprised if it was over £5million.

e4b

In that case another year loan and we get him for £00.The question was what is his value

Whitesideup

A lot will depend on Chelsea's attitude and that of Kalas himself. If Kalas plays hardball with Chelsea, they may be tempted to let him go for a reasonable price. After all they have centre-halves coming out of their ears. Wasn't it Christianson who scored the winner for Borussia Moenchengladbach in the week? Another Chelsea loanee centre-half. No doubt however they have been tracking his performance, and for me he has been outstanding.

WayneKerrins

£10m. I believe he would easily hold down a place in a mid prem level defence.
Piazon is in my view on the cusp of our current first team, 11th or 12th choice. Personally don't see him as part of any prem team nor even essential to a proper push for promotion next season. Therefore wouldn't pay more than £1m for him as squad strength only.

filham

Kalas is worth the earth to us at the moment because without him or back four seems to fall apart. However there must be other centre backs available, doing good jobs,valued at well bellow £8m.

The Sutton centre back playing against Arsenal the other night looked pretty good.

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: MJG on February 25, 2017, 07:39:24 AM
One reason it would be so high is that Chelsea could easily offer him another long expensive contract leaving him tied to the club and wage way out of reach of many. So you pay high now.... Or never get him.

He wouldn't have to sign it though.  And at this point in his career he'd probably see the worth in playing more games rather than getting paid more money - especially if he wants to play internationally.

Woolly Mammoth

Bearing in mind he can be a little injury prone. I would place an initial offer of 8 Milion English Pounds with add ons. But may need to increase, max £12m. But sometimes it's not always about what a player is worth on the market. It's also about how much you need him, and how much you are prepared to pay for what you want.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on February 25, 2017, 12:51:07 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 25, 2017, 07:39:24 AM

He wouldn't have to sign it though.  And at this point in his career he'd probably see the worth in playing more games rather than getting paid more money - especially if he wants to play internationally.
true, but nit many pkayers in early 20s are going to turn down a bumper deal. You like to think pkayers look beyond money.... But they don't as a whole.

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: MJG on February 25, 2017, 01:34:15 PM
true, but nit many pkayers in early 20s are going to turn down a bumper deal. You like to think pkayers look beyond money.... But they don't as a whole.

He said he moved here instead of Boro in part due to game time so I'd be more hopeful than not.  And with Slav signing I'd assume there have been some solid assertions of financial support, so if we don't go up this year then that'll definitely be the aim next.

Haven't Chalsea also told Solanke to go screw himself over his ridiculous wage demands too?  Maybe they're cutting down on how much they spend on players already there that aren't in the first team - pay high to get young players, pay high to keep the really good ones but those making up the numbers/being loaned out get essentially market rate.

MJG

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on February 25, 2017, 01:44:35 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 25, 2017, 01:34:15 PM

He said he moved here instead of Boro in part due to game time so I'd be more hopeful than not.  And with Slav signing I'd assume there have been some solid assertions of financial support, so if we don't go up this year then that'll definitely be the aim next.

Haven't Chalsea also told Solanke to go screw himself over his ridiculous wage demands too?  Maybe they're cutting down on how much they spend on players already there that aren't in the first team - pay high to get young players, pay high to keep the really good ones but those making up the numbers/being loaned out get essentially market rate.
you would hope so with all that.
I was pleased with what Kalas said last eek about possibly staying and as a club I'd push boat out to get him.

Milo

£6m plus minor add ons or something.. I can see it now.

But.. Would be touch and go whether Chelsea would let him go. Hopefully Conte watching Spurs put 3 past him will help our cause ha ha.