watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we get a penalty tomorrow

Started by The Swan, March 17, 2017, 08:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

If we get a penalty tomorrow who will take it. Depending how important it is, but if we need to score to a) get a draw, b) get a win, then we must have someone who has the confidence to just blast the ball straight down the middle.
We have missed many by trying to place the ball into the corner.
Lets hope that we don't need to score from the penalty to get a result.
The Swan

Barrett487

I'd like to see our captain step up and right the wrong. Cairney's missed one, but it's got to be done.

davew

Let's hope we don't get a penalty, if we do perhaps they should put all the players shirt numbers in a hat and draw 1 out. Who would be more choice, that's a difficult one based on what we have seen so far this season, I would probably choose any 1 from the following 6, Cairney, Malone, Johanson, Sess, Kalas and Cyriac, bit which one, no idea!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Nero

go for Cyriac, hes not been around long enough to catch the hoodoo and be on a high after next during week

MaidenheadMick

Cannot believe with all the problems we've had from the spot this season Kevin McDonald hasn't been asked. When he was at Wolves he was their regular penalty taker and rarely missed. Baffled as to why he hasn't taken one.

Southcoastffc

Agree re McDonald - someone who will blast it. Malone could too, likewise Johansen, Kebano or Cyriac.   NOT Cairney.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

BestOfBrede

AlexW132

Cyriac has by far the best penalty record so him for me

filham

McDonald sounds like the obvious candidate.
What we mustn't have is a debate between the award and the taking of the penalty.
The penalty taker should have been appointed by now and he should have spent at least half an hour today taking spot kicks.

bill taylors apprentice

I'm bringing my boots, just in case I'm needed!

SP

For those that subscribe to the Fulhamish scenario, we'll miss all penalties until the 94th minute of the playoff final when we'll score the winner with the last kick of the game.

dannyboi-ffc

Don't understand why we've almost gone full circle and McDonald hasn't had a go. He'd have been near the top of my list.

But if Cyriac is on then it has to be him.

Cyriac
McD
Kebano in that order
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

f321ffc

Cyriac can take a good penalty, if he's not on the pitch tell the ref it wasn't a penalty and just play on = same result. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Woolly Mammoth

If we are awarded a penalty, the players must try and pursued the referee to change his mind, explaining to him that we haven't got anyone who can take a penalty, and furthermore, we haven't anyone who wants to take a penalty, except for Ryan Ses who is not allowed to take one, and please can he award us an indirect free kick in the penalty box instead, as we would have a far better chance of scoring.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: AlexW132 on March 17, 2017, 09:59:53 PM
Cyriac has by far the best penalty record so him for me
Correct for Fulham, taken none and missed none (lol)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

aaronmcguigan

At worst we should aim to hit the crossbar , for it to come outside the box THEN cairney can have a crack.

Walsh

Only player who hasn't missed one yet is Button... That is all.

Edit: Or play it short like Arsenal tried many years ago.

cmg

As far as I can ascertain Kevin McDonald has never taken a penalty at any time in his professional career.
I would be happy to be corrected on this point.

He played 126 times for Wolves and scored 8 goals. None of them were penalties as far as I can make out.

During this time he took part in 3 matches which went to penalty shoot outs (including one against us) - he did not take a penalty in any of them!

If he has any talent (or inclination) in this area he has been keeping it very, very quiet.

G_Gribby

If we get a penalty tomorrow, then I will crash.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on March 17, 2017, 11:06:42 PM
At worst we should aim to hit the crossbar , for it to come outside the box THEN cairney can have a crack.

A good idea as Wolves will not be expecting that. So the plan is, and it has to be restricted and confidential information. The plan is, Ream takes the penalty and aims for the crossbar, when the ball rebounds off the bar, unknown to the opponents, Button has crept up on the blindside unmarked, chests the ball down and after signing the ball with a Parker Fountain Pen, he hits it on the half volley, firing into the back of the net with such venom, the Wolves goalkeeper catches pneumonia with the draft of it as it sails passed. ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.