more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (29/03/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 29, 2017, 07:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

"He's been a key player" – Jokanovic singles out Fulham player for praise

Speaking to Get West London, Slavisa Jokanovic has praised Neeskens Kebano for his recent performances, claiming he is now a key player for Fulham.

Kebano has been rewarded for his persistence this season, starting in Fulham's last five league games and playing a major role as the Cottagers look to break into the Sky Bet Championship's Play-Off zone.

The 25-year old joined Fulham during the summer transfer window and found life difficult in the Championship during the first-half of the campaign, but now appears to be finding his feet.

Jokanovic has praised the winger's attitude as he is now enjoying an extended run in the first-team, he said: "I used Floyd Ayite and Lucas Piazon in his position and they did a fantastic job. He was working with passion and was fighting for a space in the starting XI.

"He pushed hard to fight for the space and in the last month and a half, he's been a key player.

"He's scored many goals and I expect he'll be at the same level and I expect some people out of the squad will push harder to provide the highest competition."

Kebano will be hoping he can inspire Fulham to break into the Championship's top-six in the coming weeks, with the Cottagers just one-point behind sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday.

Jokanovic's side missed out on two opportunities to move ahead of Wednesday recently, as they were held to a draw with Blackburn Rovers and suffered a disappointing defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Following a break for international fixtures, Fulham return to league action this weekend when they face bottom of the table Rotherham United, where Jokanovic will be hopeful his side can return to winning ways.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/hes-been-a-key-player-jokanovic-singles-out-fulham-player-for-praise/

WhiteJC

Woodrow & Cyriac On Target

Cauley Woodrow got on the scoresheet as England Under-21s defeated Denmark 4-0 in a friendly in Randers on Monday night.

The striker, who is on loan at Burton Albion, started the game and played 74 minutes before being replaced by Tammy Abraham.

Early goals from Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Solly March put England 2-0 up before Woodrow pounced following a corner, and his left-footed shot from close range gave the Lions their third goal on the hour mark.

Woodrow's fellow Burton loanee Lasse Vigen Christensen captained the Danes and completed the full 90 minutes. On what was a difficult night for the home team, Loftus-Cheek grabbed his second in the 69th minute.

Both teams have already made it through to the European finals this summer after topping their respective groups in qualification. 

The Ivory Coast's friendly with Senegal in Paris was abandoned after 88-minutes due to a pitch invasion.

The score was 1-1 after Sadio Mane's second-half penalty put Senegal ahead, but Cyriac replied three minutes later with a well-taken clipped equaliser for the Ivory Coast.

African World Cup qualification resumes in August, with the Ivory Coast two points clear of Morocco and Gabon at the top of Group C.

England Under-19s completed their European Championship qualification with a 100 per cent record after defeating Belarus 5-1 yesterday.

Fulham's Tayo Edun played the entire game for England but Ryan Sessegnon was an unused replacement at St. George's Park.

England went behind after five minutes following a goal from Vladislav Mukhamedov but the hosts replied with goals from Lukas Nmecha, Isaac Buckley-Ricketts, Marcus Edwards and two from Chris Willock which completed the rout.

Steven Sessegnon is in the England U17s squad to face Bosnia-Herzegovina at 2pm on Tuesday in their final round of European qualification, the match will decide who tops the pool and gains automatic qualification for the tournament.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/28/international-round-up

WhiteJC

Chris Martin part of my future plans, says Derby County boss Gary Rowett

Rams manager Gary Rowett sees Chris Martin as part of his future plans at Derby County.

Martin, Derby's leading scorer for the past three seasons, is currently on loan at Fulham until the end of the 2016-17 campaign.

There has been much speculation surrounding the striker's long-term future following his move to Craven Cottage.

Having been allowed to leave by Nigel Pearson, the Rams tried to get him back from his loan in January, with Steve McClaren back at the helm.

They were unable to do that but the striker did sign a new three-and-a-half-year contract with Derby, which runs until the summer of 2020.

McClaren was sacked earlier this month and replaced by Rowett, who revealed he had personally spoken to Martin this week.

"I had a good conversation with Chris in the week," said the Rams boss.

"I think he is looking forward to coming back and being part of what we are doing.

"I have read some reports recently that I am going to imminently sell him. That is certainly not the case.

"With Chris, it was a case of: 'Look, we can't wait to get you back. Hopefully, you are looking forward to coming back. You are Derby County's player until someone says otherwise'.

"I told him one or two things that we would like to try to do next year and told him how we see him as part of that - and he seemed really enthused by what we were talking about."

Martin has been on international duty with Scotland and scored a crucial late winner in their World Cup qualifier against Slovenia at Hampden Park on Sunday night.

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/chris-martin-part-of-my-future-plans-says-derby-county-boss-gary-rowett/story-30232944-detail/story.html#zQP6WAglIADiHJo5.99

WhiteJC

Damien Duff explains why he'd have 'walked' from Newcastle to Fulham to secure move in 2009
Newcastle United sold Damien Duff to Fulham at the beginning of the 2009/10 campaign - just months after his own goal at Villa Park

Damien Duff believes the own goal he scored which sent Newcastle United down in 2009 "summed up" his "disastrous" time on Tyneside - and insists he would have walked to London in order to secure his move to Fulham.

The 38-year-old retired from football in 2015 after a career which saw him play for Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, Newcastle, Fulham, Melbourne City and Shamrock Rovers - as well as collect 100 Republic of Ireland caps.

Duff signed for Newcastle in a £5million deal during the summer of 2006 amid much fanfare, but his three-year stay ended in the bitter disappointment of relegation - confirmed by the winger's own goal at Villa Park.

"When you say it like that, yes," Duff replied during an interview with FourFourTwo when asked whether the own goal against Villa was his lowest moment in football.

"Over the 38 games that season, we deserved to go down.

"I probably took a lot of flak for scoring the own goal on the last day at Aston Villa.

"I've refused to ever watch it back.

"We only needed a draw to stay up and then to see the scoreboard say, 'Duff OG', I thought: 'What the f**k? What are the chances of that happening?'

"That probably summed up my three years up there.

"I gave them everything but sometimes moves don't work out."

During the 2009/10 Championship campaign, Duff started the season in the United side and even scored in the opening-day draw at West Bromwich Albion.

However, Roy Hodgson - Duff's former manager at Blackburn - wanted to take the Irishman to Fulham, and he admits he was desperate to secure the move.

"He [Hodgson] gave me my first proper season in the Premier League with Blackburn," Duff added.

"I would have walked from Newcastle to go to Fulham.

"It was never about money – I took a wage cut to go from Chelsea to Newcastle and another one to go to Fulham because I just wanted to be happy.

"Roy is an amazing coach and he's an utter gentleman.

"I am so gutted for him about what happened with England at the Euros.

"I'd love to see him back involved in the game."

One regret Duff holds from his career is his decision to leave Chelsea for Newcastle.

In fact, Duff insists he cried upon departing Stamford Bridge.

"At the time I wanted to play in every game – I didn't back myself," Duff said of leaving Chelsea.

"Chelsea were signing [Michael] Ballack as well as [Andriy] Shevchenko and I was in and out of the team at the tail end of the previous season, so I thought: 'I'm not going to play.'

"To be fair, Jose said: 'No, stay, if you play well and you're fit, you'll be in the team.'

"It's a regret, it's something I don't usually do. I usually stay and fight.

"I cried on the day I left – looking back, that probably should've told me I was making the wrong call, as I never cried when I left Blackburn, Newcastle or Fulham, or even when I retired.

"But it was my own decision."

Newcastle were not the only club Duff could have moved to in 2006, according to the winger.

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur were other potential destinations - but Scott Parker and Shay Given's presence on Tyneside convinced him to move to St James' Park.

"I remember getting a message from Martin Jol, but I was a Chelsea fan after winning titles there so it was something I never really looked at," Duff said.

"I had friends at Newcastle – Scott Parker, Shay Given – and I wanted to give that a real go, but I went to Newcastle and had a disaster."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/damien-duff-explains-hed-walked-12808889

WhiteJC

Why hasn't Fulham star man Tom Cairney been nominated for Championship Player of the Year?
The shortlist for the end of season gong was released yesterday but Cairney doesn't feature - despite his stats suggesting he should be on the list

Tom Cairney

The SkyBet Championship player of the year shortlist was released yesterday, with Leeds' Chris Wood, Newcastle's Dwight Gayle and Brighton's Anthony Knockaert the three chosen players.

The problem with this list however, is that it doesn't feature Fulham's star man this season Tom Cairney.

The 26-year-old is nearly into double figures in goals with nine, into double figures in assists with ten, as well as making a whopping 2,985 passes, 395 more than Huddersfield's Aaron Mooy in second, and has also been an integral part to Fulham's fantastic campaign this season.

This form makes it surprising not to see the midfielder's name in the shortlist. For a central midfielder, his record this season has been very impressive.

The midfielder currently sits joint 3rd in the league for assists, alongside Fulham team-mate Sone Aluko. Cairney has also had the most chances in the league, with 98 chances in 37 appearances for the Cottagers this season.

His performances this season has attracted interest from other clubs in the Championship such as front runners Newcastle United, which has led to the midfielder having a £20 million price tag placed on him.

Last gasp equaliser: Tom Cairney celebrates his equaliser (Photo: Alex Pantling/GettyImages)

The midfielder has also impressed Scotland manager Gordon Strachan, earning himself his first call-up to the international first team, making his debut for Scotland in their draw against Canada last week.

The former Blackburn midfielder didn't make the Football Manager Team of the Season either, with Scott Malone being the only player from Fulham featuring in the team.

Cairney still has two years left on his contract at Craven Cottage with the option to an extra year, and with Fulham in the hunt for that last spot in the play-offs, Cairney could be a Premier League midfielder next season.

There could also be a case for 16-year-old Fulham defender Ryan Sessegnon to have been nominated for young player of the year, making 20 appearances in his first full season, scoring four goals, assisting two for the Cottagers.

The defender is hot property at the moment, with a number of Premier League clubs keeping tabs on the teenager, so it could be a good thing he isn't nominated as it will raise his price tag, but also raise interest.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hasnt-fulham-star-man-tom-12807523

WhiteJC

Support The Whites

The Fulham team cycling to Amsterdam in June has just recruited its 15th member, putting us fourth in the leaderboard.

Wigan Athletic sit top with 29 riders signed up, with Tottenham Hotspur second and Manchester United in third.

The Fulham 2 Amsterdam team, which is made up of a number of staff and fans, including Sean Davis, will cycle from East London to Ajax's Amsterdam Arena at the beginning of June to raise funds for Prostate Cancer UK.

On the first day, the Fulham team will be wearing bespoke gear thanks to the sponsorship of Metro Bank and CF Capital. If you're involved in a business and would like to support the cause and get the company's emblem on our cycling tops, email [email protected].

The team has so far raised almost £3,000 of its £10,000 target, and would welcome any donations at: justgiving.com/fulham2amsterdam.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/28/support-the-whites

WhiteJC

Scott Malone on Liverpool target Ryan Sessegnon: 'God knows how good he will be at 18'
Sessegnon is only 16-years-old and his team mate Scott Malone is in awe of the talent the youngster possesses

Scott Malone is in awe of teammate Ryan Sessegnon's ability and can't wait to see what kind of player he develops into in a few years time.

The entire country knows about the 16-year-old after he burst onto the scene with Fulham this season and got people talking even more after bagging a brace at St James' Park against Newcastle United.

Sessegnon has recently said he wants to help get 'his club' back into the Premier League and is ignoring talks of a move away from Craven Cottage, with Liverpool linked, and Malone believes he will be "one hell of a player" if keeps developing like he is.

The 26-year-old plays the same position as Sessegnon and, speaking from experience, he believes that the youngster will go from strength to strength playing in the first team.

He said:"I enjoy playing with him, it allows me to defend and him attack and I think we work well together and can both defend and both attack so whoever plays will give 100%.

On the ball: Ryan Sessegnon battles for possession with Kristoffer Ajer of Norway (Photo: Matt Lewis - The FA/The FA via Getty Images)

"His age is key - he's only 16, god knows how good he will be at 18/19.

"He's got pace and is quite strong for a little lad, I'm sure when he fills out he will be stronger, he scores goals and for his age he looks like he's been playing for six or seven years like I have, so if he can keep progressing he will be one hell of a player.

"He's a nice kid and doesn't say boo to a goose - he learns from everyone, not just me.

"I was in a similar situation when I was 16, not playing first team Championship games but I was in and around a Championship team playing reserve games.

"It's totally different to what he is used to in the U18s or U19s, you're interacting with grown men day in day out and he'll only go from strength to strength."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-malone-liverpool-target-ryan-12807027

WhiteJC

Stefan Johansen aiming for Championship promotion with Fulham FC after Norway setback
The Cottagers' midfielder is aiming to put international disappointment behind him and concentrate on a Premier League promotion push

Stefan Johansen is hoping to put the disappointment of Norway's FIFA World Cup Qualifying campaign behind him with SkyBet Championship promotion with Fulham.

The Norwegians effectively saw any hope of reaching next summer's tournament in Russia extinguished after a 2-0 defeat away to Northern Ireland on Sunday evening.

The loss sees the side lie fifth in Group C, seven points behind second-place Northern Ireland at the mid-way point of the qualifying campaign.

Speaking after the loss, the Norwegian captain said: "We are disappointed with ourselves.

"It was a hard game – they played with a lot of men behind the ball and we couldn't break them down.

"Qualification is going to be tough now – we're going to have to be realistic."

However, with Fulham just one point behind six-placed Sheffield Wednesday in the play-off mix, the 26-year-old still believes it is all to play for domestically.

Stefan Johansen in action for Fulham FC against local rivals QPR at Loftus Road earlier this season.

Having recorded an impressive 3-1 away win over Newcastle United earlier this month, Johansen was disappointed to sign off ahead of the international break with just one point from games against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Blackburn Rovers.

"The last two games were disappointing for us but we are still aiming to get into the top six," Johansen said.

"Who it is in place of doesn't matter, we just need to focus on ourselves and get in the Play-offs and then try to win them."

hould the Cottagers make the top six, there will be no-one they fear as they have a strong record over a number of potential fellow promotion contenders, having recorded 5-0 victories over both Huddersfield Town and Reading FC earlier in the season.

"We know we're a good team and when we're at our best we can beat anyone in the league," added Johansen.

"But we need to focus and take it one game at a time – every game now is going to be a Cup Final so we just need to push on and see where it takes us."

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/stefan-johansen-aiming-championship-promotion-12808177

WhiteJC

Cairney: Great Moment

Back at Motspur Park having tasted senior international football for the first time, Tom Cairney is on something of a high this week.

Fulham supporters are of the opinion that the midfielder's Scotland call-up was well overdue, and he subsequently made his debut for Gordon Strachan's side in Wednesday's 1-1 draw with Canada.

"It's something that I'd wanted to happen for a long time, and then for the night to come was a great moment for me and my family," Cairney told fulhamfc.com.

"I had an inkling that I was a going to play a few days before, but then when I found out for sure on Tuesday, the whole family got on the train or made their way from where they live. It was a good moment."

The friendly encounter was not one that will live long in the memory, but Cairney was generally considered to have impressed on his maiden appearance, even claiming an assist when his effort was turned in by Steven Naismith.

"It was a shot-slash-pass!" he insisted. "It was a shot that deflected in, but that counts as an assist so I'm happy.

"I was pleased, I did a few good things. I put a few killer passes in, I just wish Chrissy [Martin] would have scored from one and helped me out a little bit!

"But I was pleased overall with how I did on what was a difficult night in difficult conditions, as the pitch wasn't the best."

Martin went on to score the winner in the European Qualifier that followed four days later, and while Cairney was gutted not to be involved in that result, he's keen to ensure he's part of Strachan's plans going forward.

"I know it's the first squad that I've been in, but you still want to be a part of the XI, or coming on," he explained. "So it was a little bit disappointing not to play, but I'm buzzing for the boys with the result in the end.
"I had a good game in the one that I played in, but your club form is really important so I've just got to carry on doing what I've been doing for Fulham until the end of the season, and hopefully that will see me continue to be involved."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/march/28/tom-cairney-great-moment

WhiteJC

Replacement for Leeds United and Fulham men, or Wolverhampton Wanderers void-filler? Three potential destinations for loan-craving Bournemouth left-back Brad Smith

The Bournemouth defender has hinted he could move to the Championship on loan next season - Leeds United, Fulham and Wolverhampton Wanderers may be interested.

Bournemouth left-back Brad Smith has told ESPN he could move to the Championship on loan next season if he cannot secure first-team football at Dean Court.

Could the following three clubs develop an interest in the Cherries' £6 million man?

Leeds United
Leeds could well be a Premier League side next term, but are expected to lose current left-back Charlie Taylor regardless. Gaetano Berardi provided flawless cover when Taylor was injured, while youngster Tyler Denton could feature more prominently if the 23-year-old leaves. However, with 15 Australia caps to his name and Liverpool on his CV, Smith could be deemed a more specialised replacement. Leeds sold Lewis Cook to Bournemouth last summer and the Cherries may be willing to return the favour.

Fulham
Another promotion-chasing side with a left-back in high demand, Fulham face a fight to hold onto teenager Ryan Sessegnon this summer. Smith's arrival at Craven Cottage would perhaps soften the blow of Sessegnon's sale, although he'd have to battle Scott Malone for a place in Slavisa Jokanovic's side, which could put him off the move.

Wolverhampton Wanderers
Wolves may have added Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Silvio last summer, but their regular left-back remains right-back Matt Doherty. Neither Borthwick-Jackson or Silvio are expected to return to Molineux next term, which could leave a void for Smith to fill. Wolves boss Paul Lambert is close friends with the 22-year-old's old boss Jurgen Klopp, who would likely advise the Scot one way or another.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/28/replacement-for-leeds-united-and-fulham-men-or-wolverhampton-wan/

WhiteJC

Sort it out: These 2 Fulham players have seriously underperformed this season – Agreed?

Fulham have been one of the rising teams in the Championship this season, and there's little doubt that Slavisa Jokanovic's side still have what it takes to push their way into the top-six come the end of the season.

With the likes of Sheffield Wednesday wobbling, there is an excellent opportunity for the in-form Cottagers to waltz their way into the top-six after a strong season down at Craven Cottage.

Despite their 3-1 loss to struggling Wolves a couple of weeks ago, Fulham have wielded some excellent results of their own, including the 3-1 away humbling of Newcastle United earlier this month.

There's little doubt that if the Whites do make the top-six, there will be few sides that will be keen to make the journey to West London to face them.

But despite the strong season which has seen plenty of highs, there's still thought amongst some of the Fulham faithful that certain members of this side need to do more if they are to really hold down a first-team place in the future.

So with that in mind, here's the TWO Fulham players who have underperformed most this season, do you agree?

Cyriac

Considering he signed for Fulham in January and we're only just beginning to see him in the first-team, Ivorian forward Cyriac has a lot of time to make up over the next couple of months if he can stay amongst the starters.

He signed from Belgian outfit Oostende on-loan for the rest of the season but we didn't see much of him and he scored his first goal for the Cottagers during the 2-2 draw with Blackburn earlier this month.

He's a frightningly quick player who some Fulham fans might have wanted to have seen in the first-team earlier. But for whatever reason he wasn't ready and we're only going to see a snippet of what he can do moving forward.

Neeskens Kebano

Somewhat controversial, but listen.

Fulham brought Congolese winger Neeskens Kebano to the club this summer and whilst he's had a decent first campaign in England, four goals from 28 appearances doesn't make for the most awe-inspiring reading.

He's a player who is blessed with tremendous pace and skill but at times, he just gets lost in games and struggles to make a real impact going forward.

If he remains at the club this summer, Fulham fans will want to see more of that direct player we have seen at times this season, rather than an individual that is struggling at times, to shine.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sort-it-out-these-2-fulham-players-have-seriously-underperformed-this-season-agreed/

WhiteJC

3 Championship stars Fulham should sign if they get promoted

As things stand, Fulham are the dark horses for promotion.

The Cottagers are currently one point and one place behind sixth placed Sheffield Wednesday and they will be eyeing a spot in the top six come the end of the season.

With eight games to play, Fulham will be backing themselves to break into the play-off zone but they recently passed up two opportunities to leapfrog the Owls into sixth spot.

This is a cause for concern towards the end of the season as they will need to handle their nerves if they are to win promotion via the play-offs.

Slavisa Jokanovic has done a fine job at Fulham and if he leads them to promotion, he will have to invest in his squad to keep them afloat in the top flight.

Here are 3 players that Fulham should target from the Championship if they do win promotion and can offer Premier League football.

Marc Roberts

Fulham could with investing in their defence if they win promotion and Marc Roberts would be a fantastic addition.

The no-nonsense towering Barnsley captain was a January target for some Premier League sides after his magnificent performances at the back for the Tykes this season.

Fulham could offer Roberts the chance to play Premier League football and he would certainly strengthen Fulham's defensive options.

Aaron Mooy

If Fulham go up, it will probably be via the play-offs at the expense of Huddersfield Town.

In the Premier League, Fulham could target Aaron Mooy, who has spent the season on loan at Huddersfield from Manchester City and his impressive displays in central midfield have won him a place in the Championship team of the season.

The Australian international will be keen to play Premier League football next season and Fulham would be able to offer him plenty of first team action, whether he join on loan or permanently.

Jackson Irvine

Another player that Fulham could target to bolster their midfield options is Jackson Irvine.

The Australian international has been a revelation since joining Burton Albion, netting nine league goals and doing the dirty work in the middle of the park too.

There could be a potential swap deal on here as Burton are interested in permanent deals for Fulham's loan duo Lasse Vigen Christensen and Cauley Woodrow.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-championship-stars-fulham-should-sign-if-they-get-promoted/

WhiteJC

Seriously, why? The players Fulham were way too quick to sell

Every club makes a mistake during the course of the season, some worse than others, but it's inevitable that one or two players seem to slip through the fingers every now and then and that certainly applies to Fulham.

The Cottagers are flying this campaign.

It is certainly proving to be their best since they made the Europa League final, and definitely more memorable than the year the West London outfit suffered relegation to the Championship.
Slaviša Jokanović has the right mould in his squad and won't be wanting to change it too much in the fast-approaching summer transfer window just round the corner, no matter what division they'll be playing their football in.
Not just the current boss, but previous managers as well would have agreed to sell players although it must be the chairman who makes the final decision, and both may have let some depart too soon.
Here are two who Fulham were too quick to sell...

David Stockdale

The current Brighton & Hove Albion first-choice goalkeeper is obviously enjoying life on the south coast, but he began his career at York City before moving up the ranks to sign for Fulham in 2007 from Darlington.
David Stockdale always had played second or third fiddle, though, during his time at Craven Cottage with Mark Schwarzer retaining his place.
The Leeds-born man also spent time on loan at Hull, Leicester City, Rotherham United, Plymouth Argyle and Ipswich during his stay in London.
The Cottagers agreed to sell their 'keeper to Brighton in the summer of 2014 and never really gave him the opportunity he deserved, they should have at least given him a pre-season to prove his importance.

Stefen Payne
Stefen Payne has had to earn his right to feature in professional football having started his career in non-league with Sutton United but impressed so much for the club that Fulham decided to take a chance on him whilst in the Premier League.
The Cottagers never gave the attacker an opportunity to shine as he heavily featured for the reserve side during the 2009-10 campaign before being sold off to Gillingham the following summer.
Payne hasn't made it to the top, admittedly, but he has quality and is currently attached to Barnsley, albeit on loan at League One strugglers Shrewsbury Town.
Fulham should have gambled with him but instead of taking the risk they decided to let him depart Craven Cottage.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/seriously-why-the-players-fulham-were-way-too-quick-to-sell/

WhiteJC

Jones, Ream, Zusi start at Panama as Arena makes changes

PANAMA CITY (AP) — U.S. coach Bruce Arena made three changes to his starting lineup for Tuesday's World Cup qualifier at Panama, inserting defenders Tim Ream and Graham Zusi, and midfielder Jermaine Jones.

Midfielder Sebastian Lletget injured his left foot in Friday's 6-0 home win over Honduras and will be sidelined four to six months. Defender John Brooks left with a sinus infection and defender Geoff Cameron was substituted early in the second half.

Tim Howard was again in goal, with Zusi at right back, Omar Gonzalez and Ream in central defense and Jorge Villafana on the left.

Jones returned to the lineup after serving a one-game suspension for yellow-card accumulation and joined Michael Bradley in midfield along with 18-year-old Christian Pulisic and Darlington Nagbe. Jozy Altidore was paired in the attack with Clint Dempsey, who scored his second international hat trick Friday.

Arena, the U.S. coach from 1998-2006, was brought back in November after Jurgen Klinsmann was fired. The Americans had opened the final round of the North and Central American and Caribbean with a 2-1 home loss to Mexico and a 4-0 road defeat at Costa Rica.

Panama coach Hernan Dario Gomez made three changes from Friday's 1-0 loss at Trinidad and Tobago, starting midfielder Gabriel Gomez and forwards Gabriel Torres and Luis Tejada in place of Edgar Barcenas, Alberto Quintero and Amilcar Henriquez.

Jaime Peneda, who played for Arena with the LA Galaxy, remained in goal, with Adolfo Machado at right back, Felipe Baloy and Roman Torres in central defender and Luis Ovalle at left back. Gabriel Gomez joined a midfield that included Anibal Godoy, Arando Cooper and Alberto Quintero.

Mexico began the night leading the six-nation final round of the North and Central American region with 10 points, followed by Costa Rica with seven, Panama and Honduras with four each, and the U.S. and Trinidad with three apiece.

In earlier games, Mexico won 1-0 at Trinidad and Costa Rica rallied for a 1-1 tie at Honduras.

The top three nations qualify for next year's World Cup in Russia, and the No. 4 team advances to a playoff against Asia's fifth-place nation.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2017/03/28/jones-ream-zusi-start-at-panama-as-arena-makes-changes/99760614/

WhiteJC

QPR defender dubs Fulham as one of the toughest opponents he's faced this season
Rangers picked up four points against the Whites this season but Fulham failing to score any of the three penalties they had in two games was a key factor in the Hoops' success

QPR defender Joel Lynch has deemed Fulham as one of the hardest teams he has faced this season.

Rangers picked up four points against the Whites this season but Fulham failing to score any of the three penalties they had in two games was a key factor in the Hoops' success.

However, when Lynch was asked about the toughest opponents he has faced this season, Slavisa Jokanovic's side was the first that came to mind.

He said: "I think when we played Fulham and the way they've come on. Fulham weren't really clicking at all last year. They've been one of the hardest teams I've played against.

"I haven't played against Huddersfield this season. I was rested for the home game. I think all Championship teams are different.

"You can play against a team, on their day, who can nick a goal. A lot of teams are going on runs and everyone is different.

"The way Huddersfield play is the opposite to the way everyone else plays. He's instilling ways and we can play our own ways and I think it's starting to work."

Lynch also revealed that he preferred facing the stronger strikers in the division rather than the pacey players.

He added: "Every striker I face is different. I prefer the bigger lads so I can battle. I find it tougher against shorter, sharper strikers but the Championship is so different and every team is different. I can't name a player."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-defender-dubs-fulham-one-12809433