watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ream or Madl?

Started by Rambler, April 08, 2017, 05:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

I'm more of a Madl fan; I think he's the better defender, but struggled a little with McGoldrick today, I'm not sure he's 100% fit as he didn't seem right in general.

ForeverFulham just above me puts it well; with how expansive, attacking and high we play, no matter who is in the back four: they are going to look a little fragile as there's so much space to work with in the opposition transition.

The quicker the centre back, the better really - it's partially why I think the three would also suit - you just gain that extra bit of cover in the defensive third for transitions - and when we have the ball, 7 players can attack because you always have that security three that can cover and hold. I question whether we can convince Tomas Kalas to another season (or permanent future) as a Championship player, but either way, we need to improve.

nose

usually i prefer madl but I cannot believe anyone could say he was anything but awful today. ream made many fine interceptions, headers and tackles, he was caught out because our midfield was AWOL and did what he had to do and madl didn't. it is a no braine to say ream is missed and is in better form, but madl would normally be the better player.... at norwich Ream!