watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

chickens should not yet be counted

Started by nose, April 23, 2017, 11:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

whilst we are undoubtedly in a better place than expected, it can still go very wrong.
we need another win, for sure. brentford will not roll over and it is no certainty we will beat them and whilst I am happy, i think there is too much chicken counting taking place on the MB and I feel there could be another twist yet in this season yet to come!

let us let rip once we have actually done it!

Woolly Mammoth

Totally agree, but who came first, the chicken or the egg ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

Its been said that you should always expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed.
While that is true, you'll miss the joy when it goes right.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 23, 2017, 11:06:01 PM
Its been said that you should always expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed.
While that is true, you'll miss the joy when it goes right.

Yes indeed, good Philosophy. 

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I think that there are times when chickens can be counted before they hatch and I think we will have a positive result against Brentford and Leeds will lose to Norwich. It is a mind set and I am not looking at defeat at all I am looking at winning all our games until the end of the season. I will not be cautious. We have good players that believe in them selves and a good manager who believes in his players. All we need is supporter's that Believe

toshes mate

Metaphorically speaking I have had everything crossed that I can cross during the last several weeks as this Club I love has taken strides when I thought dainty steps were appropriate and vice versa.  We are where we are and on Saturday 29th at 5pm we will be where we will be.  I will not be metaphorically uncrossing anything until the final whistle goes for Fulham's season. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on April 24, 2017, 08:43:54 AM
Metaphorically speaking I have had everything crossed that I can cross during the last several weeks as this Club I love has taken strides when I thought dainty steps were appropriate and vice versa.  We are where we are and on Saturday 29th at 5pm we will be where we will be.  I will not be metaphorically uncrossing anything until the final whistle goes for Fulham's season. 

Make sure you look both ways when you Cross the road.

Never forget your Roots.

Dragoman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 24, 2017, 08:56:35 AM

Make sure you look both ways when you Cross the road.  .....and make sure that you wear clean underwear just in case you have an accident with a chicken about to be hatched. You know it makes sense.

The Old Count

Why did the chicken cross Hollywood Boulevard?

To see Gregory Peck

Twig

We have exceeded most reasonable expectations of late, not just 4 wins on the trot for the first time in 17 years, but also the way we have gone about it.  So yes, I admit I can't help feeling a little bit optimistic. But the OP is right that does not mean we should be counting any chickens yet and anyway, I have always liked the fact that our club and its supporters have a natural level of humility, we are not an arrogant club.

KingofCheese

I am a Fulham fan and therefore I don't count any chickens. The last time I was sure about Fulham it was that going into the Man City game we were definately going down and I just hoped Roy would stay with us.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Grumpy Worthing White

I`m a pessimist I always expect the worst.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 23, 2017, 11:04:44 PM
Totally agree, but who came first, the chicken or the egg ?
Just hope we have to see the white before the j(y)oke.

SuffolkWhite

No chicken's being counted by me but I am confident that we will play two very good professional games in the style we have become accustomed.  In Joka I trust tactically but also psychologically.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Lighthouse

If you are a Leeds fan you know that to catch Fulham in the last two games. Your team needs to do better than Fulham in BOTH matches. One Leeds result has to be a win.

Most of us  live by one of two rules. We either think the moment we are born we begin to die. Or the moment we are born we begin to live.

You pays your money you takes your choice.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

We are all full of confidence at the moment but things could  turn sour in a few nasty minutes against Brentford. Just turn your mind back to the Blackburn and Wolves games at the Cottage.

Come on Fulham this is our big chance, the team has worked hard for it, lets nail Brentford to the Cottage wall.

WokinghamWhite

You mean *Monday* the 29th, i.e. the bank holiday. I'm in Dublin for the PRO12 final on the Saturday so checked this out already.  As for the OP, I agree that there's nothing guaranteed in life but can't we just - sometimes - live in and for the moment?

Steven Ageroad

Southcoastffc

Quote from: WokinghamWhite on April 24, 2017, 09:56:01 AM

You mean *Monday* the 29th, i.e. the bank holiday. I'm in Dublin for the PRO12 final on the Saturday so checked this out already.  As for the OP, I agree that there's nothing guaranteed in life but can't we just - sometimes - live in and for the moment?
Today being Monday 24 April, next Saturday is 29 April.  Sunday 7 May v Sheff Weds.  Then, perhaps perhaps perhaps playoffs. The play off final is 29 May.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

I think he means the 29th May, which I am to understand is the play off Final.

Never forget your Roots.