watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our last two penalties

Started by The Swan, April 26, 2017, 10:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

What the first video also shows is that the goalkeeper is clearly off his line before Ruiz strikes the ball (pause at 22 seconds). In this instance, I don't think this makes his save any easier (although the keeper moving may well have distracted Ruiz), but the fact that the penalty wasn't retaken makes me wonder what the linesman was looking at - and not just this linesman, but almost all of them. I can't recall the last time I saw a penalty retaken when a keeper has advanced from his line; the goalie always seems to get away with it.

Although the law states that the goalkeeper must stand on the goal-line until the ball is struck, there seems to be a unwritten acceptance among officials that a forward movement of no further than a yard will be overlooked.

ron

They were saying on the radio when I was on my way home from the game that we have missed nine penalties including today's effort. I wonder how many points extra we would have tonight if they all went in? Does anyone have a spare hour or two....I'd do it myself, but getting rather....er tired and emotional...er... after witnessing the playoff performance today...... YYYYeeeessssss ! COYW's!!

The Swan

It had to happen. Tom tries to place the ball in the same corner of the goal and I bet their coaching staff told their keeper to dive to his left and be in with a chance of saving it.
If we had scored from that spot kick we could have gone on to win the game.
As Tom walked up to take the kick I turned to the chap behind me and said that the keeper would save it if he dives to his left.
The Swan

JoelH5

Very naive to hit three pens back to back all in the same place. It would have been equally as worrying if the Brentford keeper hadn't saved it. Of course they analyse stuff like this before games. Especially as we're getting so many this year
I was there, standing in the Putney end

nose

Quote from: cmg on April 26, 2017, 02:00:58 PM

...after the miss shown above Bryan adopted a more reliable technique taught to him by Ronnie O'Sullivan:

not wishing to revive an old argument (well maybe I do). ruiz never scored that penalty it was an own goal off the keepers back, just as stockdale was given two own goals for norwich V brighton, ruiz missed.

f321ffc

That penalty on Saturday was so predictable, with the very real possibility of a penalty shoot out in the play offs every player should be practicing and forget trying to place it, pace and power in other words put your bloody foot through it. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

JoelH5

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 01, 2017, 12:22:06 AM
Very naive to hit three pens back to back all in the same place. It would have been equally as worrying if the Brentford keeper hadn't saved it. Of course they analyse stuff like this before games. Especially as we're getting so many this year

Exactly like I said... Very naive by Tom indeed - http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-keeper-homework-fulham-man-12967172?utm_source=365Scores&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=Contact+us+at+365scores+for+more+traffic
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on April 26, 2017, 01:08:04 PM
Full marks to Cairney for converting two penalties.
Both shots were on the ground and tucked away in the keeper's left hand corner.
Make the same shot a third time and the chances are the keeper will guess where it is going and unless it is hit with a lot more pace will be in with a good chance of a save.

If we get another penalty in any of our remaining games Cairney will need to do something different, the pressure is still on him.

I agree, it's no good hitting it to the keepers left anymore,  I think Cairney should try and head the ball in on the next one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFCFOREVER

I think Malone should take the penalties.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on May 02, 2017, 03:06:04 PM

I agree, he has to be as good as anyone we have.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 02, 2017, 03:18:36 PM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on May 02, 2017, 03:06:04 PM

I agree, he has to be as good as anyone we have.
He probably doesn't want to take them.
Nogood "who would, see" Boyo