watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My son's 1st game today

Started by NorthernWhite, September 04, 2010, 08:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

It's his 1st proper match this morning for the under 9s and I'm coaching with them and can't wait. Hopefully they'll all enjoy it, play well and get a win under their belt.

Not sure if anyone here runs teams but I didn't realise how many rules and regs there are. It does appear though that they're trying to set up junior football the right way.

Come on the Panthers!

White Noise

Hope you both enjoy it Northern White. From little acorns and all that.  :54:

FatFreddysCat

If he's a defender remind him to get a nice tasty foul in early doors , if he can give the other kid a dead leg early doors it will make his job much easier  :028: .   :dft012:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Southfield White  ran a very successful team and his son used to play in the team  (a very useful goalkeeper ) ...not sure if he still does ............

So good luck to you both and I bet he will enjoy the day more than you
and those nasty parents, I cannot believe some of them  ................................ban the bu$$ers !!!

TheDaddy

All the best for the season for both you and your boy.I've been training my sons under 16s and enjoy every moment. Our season kicks off later in the month.I will when i can give the lads and lasses on he a match report so why don't you ?
Were expecting a hard season gaining promotion and losing our left back and our central midfield playmaker to West Hams academy doesn't help either.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BarryP

Good luck to the both of you!  Nothing quite like the first match of a new season to get the stomach fluttering.  :54:
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

sipwell

Have fun and good luck, as long as your boys have a fun time!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ScalleysDad

If you embrace the enjoy it and play well part of your post and adopt it as your ethos you in turn will take much more from the early years. Theres plenty of time to get embroilled in the victory at all costs crap that dominates youth football later on. I ran my sons team for seven years and Scalleys for a couple and now they are all big and grown up they and their mates remember the laughs, the odd good result thrown in and the friendships. Everyone has forgotten the all conquering teams and indeed at a recent 'lets trash the garden barbecue' the captain of one the nasty teams expressed a wish that he wanted to play for us but was afraid to ask for a transfer. Their roll of honour was the Devon FA Fair Play Award, numerous inclusions in League Rep teams, two cup finals at Exeter City, the inaugural Girls League trophy for Scalley and hundreds of pictures, loads of mates and a well rounded outlook on life and sport ......................................

we did beat one of the big and nasty teams once at their place and the parents almost lynched the goalie and his dad. I wonder what he is doing now ?

All the best and don't show off too much at training. That Cruyff turn might look good now but in a couple of years that small special one kid will take you down !!!!

NorthernWhite

Cheers all for the messages and very wise words from Scally's dad. They did indeed all enjoy and it was played in an excellent spirit from both teams.

Unfortunately he picked up an injury but he'll be fine and they won 5 - 0.

The way were trying to approach it is that they're all good mates and hopefully these friendships will last for life. If they can do that, enjoy themselves, have a laugh on the way and pick up some results, well have all done a good job. Here's too next week!

TheDaddy

Quote from: NorthernWhite on September 04, 2010, 07:46:12 PM
Cheers all for the messages and very wise words from Scally's dad. They did indeed all enjoy and it was played in an excellent spirit from both teams.

The way were trying to approach it is that they're all good mates and hopefully these friendships will last for life. If they can do that, enjoy themselves, have a laugh on the way and pick up some results, well have all done a good job. Here's too next week!

Great to here not just the result but the ethos, the team i help coach is just the same we all started as a group of friends looking at the kids on the estate with no idea no direction well five years later we have a team of lads that respect each other regardless of race/religion or well being  and have respect for there elders.Its a joy to be involved with them.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: NorthernWhite on September 04, 2010, 07:46:12 PM

Told yer, he should have nobbled the other kid early doors, guess the other kid took my advice, and so he should, after all i'm Fulham's most successful manager  :028: