https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mr Chris Martin

Started by stevehawkinslidingtackle, May 02, 2017, 06:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

C O Y W

Holders

Well at least if we got a penalty we wouldn't have to blame Cairney.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gezkc

Chris Martin's sending off and 3 match ban could really have derailed our chances of making the play offs, especially considering the run in we had, but as it's turned out, it really could work in our favour. We now have the option of playing with him or without him, and we've shown we're effective up front either way. It's given us a tactical advantage we wouldn't necessarily have had, were it not for his enforced absence.

fulhamben

Well as in it gets said almost every week about Frederick's, what about his temperament. The bloke threw an elbow in a game we was cruising. What's he gonna do if Wednesday target him. The last thing we need is to go down to 10 in a game we just have to avoid a heavy defeat in
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on May 03, 2017, 04:42:55 PM
Well as in it gets said almost every week about Frederick's, what about his temperament. The bloke threw an elbow in a game we was cruising. What's he gonna do if Wednesday target him. The last thing we need is to go down to 10 in a game we just have to avoid a heavy defeat in
Well Ben the longest word in the world "if"
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Milo

Quote from: alfie on May 03, 2017, 05:17:55 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 03, 2017, 04:42:55 PM
Well Ben the longest word in the world "if"

Interesting point. Odoi for Fredericks? Don't think Martin is aggressive he was just unfortunate and naive.

I think Kebano and Martin need 90 minutes. Get them firing hopefully for an impact sub in the playoffs.

Then the question is who to rest in midfield. Cairney and Johansen seem obvious candidates. You want to keep the spine of the team to keep consistency and team style though. I would be tempted to keep Cairney and rest Johansen as he is the more box to box out the two on reflection. Bring in Piazon and get him back up to speed too.

Sess for Malone, Odoi in for Fredericks. Same central two. Bettinelli.

epsomraver

For those not there, (BEN ) Martin was being wrestled all the time by the Norwich defender and the Ref ignored it , right through the 1st half, Slav said as he could see it right in front of him that it was nothing, Martin shrugged the guy off and he made enough meal of it to then pop up as soon as Martin walked, Martin has had a lot of stick from defenders this season and has not reacted so why now is he a liability, Sheffield W are very physical bordering on cheating and we need someone like Martin up front, Floyd and kebano are going to be knocked all over the place, Aluko , I think has the pace to get out of trouble and win the foul if we have a strong ref, they have been few and far this season

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: epsomraver on May 03, 2017, 07:46:01 PM
For those not there, (BEN ) Martin was being wrestled all the time by the Norwich defender and the Ref ignored it , right through the 1st half, Slav said as he could see it right in front of him that it was nothing, Martin shrugged the guy off and he made enough meal of it to then pop up as soon as Martin walked, Martin has had a lot of stick from defenders this season and has not reacted so why now is he a liability, Sheffield W are very physical bordering on cheating and we need someone like Martin up front, Floyd and kebano are going to be knocked all over the place, Aluko , I think has the pace to get out of trouble and win the foul if we have a strong ref, they have been few and far this season

And for those there, at Norwich (ME) and just about everyone around me were groaning and sometimes laughing at his performance all half. Most disappeared under the stand for refreshments on 45minutes so missed the last few seconds when he was sent off, but watched it on the TV under the away section. The groans about his performance then changed to different words mostly beginning with F and C . Totally disagree that because Wednesday are physical we NEED him. No, we need players committed to the cause. Blood sweat and tears.
Its the 10% effort that a player leaves behind in the changing room that will really have an impact on our team and the team we are playing. IMO.

love4ffc

Every season there seems to be at least one player who brings out the best of controversy and diverse opinions.  Martin seems to be that man this season. 

I got lucky this year and got attend three fixtures this year.  All of them Martin started in.  In all three I thought Martin did a good job of making important runs off the ball and a great job as a hold up man bringing others in to play. 

Matin is not a run ragged, make sure everyone knows your constantly working kind of guy.  I think a lot of what he does is abstract in the way it diverts and draws the attention away from our other players. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

westcliff white

For me the Norwich decision was a joke, he had his arm across the player there was no intent to elbow. If that's an elbow then 6 or 7 players need to be sent off in every game.

For me he should be in the match day 18, so we have him as an option, if he plays like did against Ipswich which he has done a number of times this season he is worth having out there.
Every day is a Fulham day

epsomraver

Quote from: westcliff white on May 03, 2017, 08:45:00 PM
For me the Norwich decision was a joke, he had his arm across the player there was no intent to elbow. If that's an elbow then 6 or 7 players need to be sent off in every game.

For me he should be in the match day 18, so we have him as an option, if he plays like did against Ipswich which he has done a number of times this season he is worth having out there.
:plus one:

epsomraver

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on May 03, 2017, 08:10:56 PM

And for those there, at Norwich (ME) and just about everyone around me were groaning and sometimes laughing at his performance all half. Most disappeared under the stand for refreshments on 45minutes so missed the last few seconds when he was sent off, but watched it on the TV under the away section. The groans about his performance then changed to different words mostly beginning with F and C . Totally disagree that because Wednesday are physical we NEED him. No, we need players committed to the cause. Blood sweat and tears.
Its the 10% effort that a player leaves behind in the changing room that will really have an impact on our team and the team we are playing. IMO.

As the incident happened right on the other side of the ground to the Fulham fans and it was also his left arm which was furthest away from the fulham fans and the cameras no matter how much you view it do not give a clear view because they were on the same side as the Fulham fans there is no way anyone could see what happened from that stand, only Slav who was right next to it, he said it was nothing, you have made your mind up you don't like him and that clouds your judgement

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on May 03, 2017, 10:26:28 PM

As the incident happened right on the other side of the ground to the Fulham fans and it was also his left arm which was furthest away from the fulham fans and the cameras no matter how much you view it do not give a clear view because they were on the same side as the Fulham fans there is no way anyone could see what happened from that stand, only Slav who was right next to it, he said it was nothing, you have made your mind up you don't like him and that clouds your judgement
and the fa? Are they biased towards him too?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I Had a clear enough view of his performance, which was 45minutes of pure rank. But you are right, I dont like him, I wont deny that, but until the man who doesn't put in 100%, who mostly looks uninterested and who hasnt scored in 3 months proves me wrong, I will continue to not like him. I'm sure he's not that bothered. His heart lies elsewhere, and its a shame we are stuck with him as an option. Lets face it, If we are promoted, he wont be coming, because if Jordan Rhodes, Patrick Bamford and many others better than him cant cut it in the Premier League, then the man who barely cuts it in our league, will certainly not. With a bit of luck we will make a monstrous bid for Moussa !!

westcliff white

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on May 04, 2017, 08:37:00 AM

I Had a clear enough view of his performance, which was 45minutes of pure rank. But you are right, I dont like him, I wont deny that, but until the man who doesn't put in 100%, who mostly looks uninterested and who hasnt scored in 3 months proves me wrong, I will continue to not like him. I'm sure he's not that bothered. His heart lies elsewhere, and its a shame we are stuck with him as an option. Lets face it, If we are promoted, he wont be coming, because if Jordan Rhodes, Patrick Bamford and many others better than him cant cut it in the Premier League, then the man who barely cuts it in our league, will certainly not. With a bit of luck we will make a monstrous bid for Moussa !!
He last scored on the 4th of March which imean he hasnt scored in the 8 game she was available for. Perosnally like I say it wasnt a red for me, was very harsh. but everyone has the view and is entitled to that.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Statto on May 04, 2017, 09:14:53 AM
He has still been our top scorer most of the season. Those that have recently overtaken him, Cairney and Johansen, have played more minutes and have a worse goals/minute ratio. So like him or not he remains our best goal scorer and the second best we've had in the last 3 yrs.
And that is, I'm told, without even putting in 100% or being interested  :005:

Best goal scorer ? No. Second best in 3 years . No, because being called statto you should know about stats, as  McCormack, dembele, cairney, Johanson etc have all scored more in a season during this the last 3 years. So he's 5th at a push. Considering how crap we've been, that's no great achievement. 
As  I've also said before, we differ on opinion here. You love him, I dont. I dont want to bore other members on here disagreeing with you again and again over your man crush for this lard @rse. Please feel free to PM me and I'll meet you at the first play off game, where we can discuss it like gentlemen.
But as the great Brian Clough once said , 'we will talk about it for 20mins and then decide I was right' .  Cheers lad.

toshes mate

I actually thought, at the time, the red card was unwarranted and a yellow would have sufficed because although the arm movement seemed to be deliberate the elbow didn't make more than superficial contact.  I said, at the time, I believed the referee had carded Martin for intention and the replays have confirmed what I thought I saw, at the time.  I still believe it was the wrong call by the referee, but that is just the way the game is - it happens all the time.  As for Martin appearing in the team or not as the case may be I don't think he is any more of a liability than any other player to being riled by the attentions of opponents.  Football is a game that, when it comes to referees and consistency, is largely a lottery.  I just hope we have decent referees for all our remaining games and by decent I mean consistent, neutral, objective, and fair.  That way we may see four good games.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: westcliff white on May 04, 2017, 08:46:55 AM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on May 04, 2017, 08:37:00 AM

He last scored on the 4th of March which imean he hasnt scored in the 8 game she was available for. Perosnally like I say it wasnt a red for me, was very harsh. but everyone has the view and is entitled to that.

Fair enough, I wont split hairs, but he scored just one league goal between the 22nd of Jan to his red card on 14th of April. He was involved in just about everyone of those. No coincidence this is a period where his loyalties were undoubtedly then elsewhere following McClarens disruption.
  I do think you make a good description of him though.

westcliff white

maybe only scored on, but how many was he involved in?

Not defending his actions in anyway but he can be (as he has proved over in a fair few games this season) inportant to how we play

Southcoastffc

Does CM want to stay?

Extract from this morning on the club site:

"I'm eligible," Martin confirmed. "My loan spell runs out May 31st officially, so I'll be eligible for all the Play-Offs.

"I'm looking forward to it, I've had a taste of it before and it's not always been the most successful time for me so hopefully I can put that right this time around.

"I've not been fortunate enough to be promoted via the Play-Offs but everybody tells me it's the best way to go up.

"I've had a bit of disappointment over the last three or four years during it, so it will be extremely sweet if I do manage to taste success with this set of lads because I think we deserve it.

"We've played some of the best football I've seen for a long time in this division, so hopefully that can be rewarded with promotion."

Am I reading too much in what he says in bold text?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.