watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mr Chris Martin

Started by stevehawkinslidingtackle, May 02, 2017, 06:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevehawkinslidingtackle

As the end of his suspension looms closer, it beggars the question... Will Joka decide he will feature again in the play offs, or is he about 18 stone now after a few weeks in Pizza Hut, Wyvern Way, right outside Pride Park? Thoughts ... ?

Personally, I cant see the dynamic of the team being changed now.... and surely would only be used as a very last resort because we've already sold his equivalent, Matt Smith.

WhiteJC

if he doesn't play then we're not going to sign him

not sure we'd sign him anyway, Sunday is still a game that we want to win, if only to keep the momentum  049:gif

BarryP

I think it 100% depends on our opposition and Joka's plan to attack them. I highly doubt Joka cares what fans think about Martin nor should he.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

epsomraver

Quote from: BarryP on May 02, 2017, 07:03:40 PM
I think it 100% depends on our opposition and Joka's plan to attack them. I highly doubt Joka cares what fans think about Martin nor should he.
0001.jpeg Martin played very well in his last 3 games so why do people have to have a scapegoat, he wears a Fulham shirt so I support ihim

epsomraver

Quote from: Statto on May 02, 2017, 07:13:31 PM
Even if we had Michael Barrymore up front i wouldn't expect him to be dropped to give way to Martin with the momentum we currently have. However Jokanovic has made it clear he agrees with the reasonable, quiet majority on this board who can see what Martin offers rather than the odd minority who can't. So he will at least be on the bench and brought into the team in the event of a poor performance or current tactics not working. Which is good for Fulham and also I'll get some satisfaction from it too because it will wind up a couple on here.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: epsomraver on May 02, 2017, 07:13:32 PM
0001.jpeg Martin played very well in his last 3 games so why do people have to have a scapegoat, he wears a Fulham shirt so I support ihim
Erm.Because he went on strike at a crucial point of the season , upset the rhythm of the team and bit the hand that fed him when he was surplus to requirements at Derby.FFC gave him a chance and he threw it back in the clubs face.So it is perfectly fine to have him as the snakey scapegoat that he is.

Walsh

I don't even see what he brings to the team... Slow, average in the air and terrible on the ball and to top it off he doesn't even want to be at the club.

If he plays in the play-offs I will be very upset.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

epsomraver

Quote from: Walsh on May 02, 2017, 07:25:58 PM
I don't even see what he brings to the team... Slow, average in the air and terrible on the ball and to top it off he doesn't even want to be at the club.

What is the point of showing grainy Ruiz goals in a discussion regarding Martin? got your ticket for Sunday or are you another crying off? Martin playing good excuse? Has to be a scapecoat usually by people who don't even get to games :dft007:

Walsh

Quote from: epsomraver on May 02, 2017, 07:32:24 PM
Quote from: Walsh on May 02, 2017, 07:25:58 PM

What is the point of showing grainy Ruiz goals in a discussion regarding Martin? got your ticket for Sunday or are you another crying off? Martin playing good excuse? Has to be a scapecoat usually by people who don't even get to games :dft007:

That's called a signature you muppet, surely you should know that as you seem to spend your life on here. Unfortunately I am working on Sunday so won't be attending the game if you need to know.

What is your excuse for his Rotherham performance then? (possibly the worst performance I've seen in a Fulham shirt)

It seems like you have a little thing for Martin, might want to throw him a tweet to see if he wants to meet up before he heads back to Derby.

westcliff white

he can play on Sunday I believe as well, be interesting to se if he does. Wednesday are quite physical so I would play him personally
Every day is a Fulham day

epsomraver

Quote from: westcliff white on May 02, 2017, 08:08:13 PM
he can play on Sunday I believe as well, be interesting to se if he does. Wednesday are quite physical so I would play him personally
0001.jpeg

westcliff white

Two of you posting on this thread need to calm down and show respect to each other, no need for personal insults to be thrown around.
Every day is a Fulham day

Jonaldiniho 88

Think Sunday it would be a good idea to play him. I don't think he would start in my best 11 but I can see the argument that he should. He would benefit from game time and if he plays well then happy days. If he doesn't it could help make up joka's mind regarding playoffs. I can't decide if I would play a really strong 11 against Wednesday or not. I would definitely like to see us play a few fringe players at some point in the game as long as we aren't 3 or 4 down.

Woolly Mammoth

Whether anyone likes him or not. We are entering a period where we could  play four highly charged matches in a short space of time, and I include this Sunday as well, let us be under no illusions this match v Wednesday will be no picnic.
So it's all hands on deck, and we need all hands on deck. If Jok decides to pick Martin, he may just do a job for us, and if we happen to end up getting promoted in the next few weeks, it will be worth it. So let's use every weapon at our disposal, it could just make the difference.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I think Martin should definitely be played at Sheffield as a tactic in football is to keep the other team guessing. To play him would leave other managers not knowing what system be would play until 30 minutes before kick off. A bit like Cyriac it is all an unknown quantity

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Andy S on May 02, 2017, 09:31:18 PM
I think Martin should definitely be played at Sheffield as a tactic in football is to keep the other team guessing. To play him would leave other managers not knowing what system be would play until 30 minutes before kick off. A bit like Cyriac it is all an unknown quantity
:plus one: Bang on.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bassey the warrior

Whether he'll start or not,  he should at least be on the bench as Joka doesn't rate Cyriac.

love4ffc

Start him and see how things go.  Joka has no problem with making changes if he sees things not working so why would this be any different? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

stevehawkinslidingtackle

No-one said he did. I was just asking what we as fans thought, if thats allowed ?
Anyway, I think below is the best point so far, and one that I hadnt thought of. Even though I still think he is a lolloping cart horse.

'I think Martin should definitely be played at Sheffield as a tactic in football is to keep the other team guessing. To play him would leave other managers not knowing what system be would play until 30 minutes before kick off. A bit like Cyriac it is all an unknown quantity '