watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Selling tickets for play offs and Final

Started by Riversider, May 05, 2017, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

I go along with the premise by the OP that problems will arise if great care is not taken over sales but amongst his posts is unnecessary comments and accusations, blimey we are not even there yet!

I'm a S/T holder and so is my 9 year old daughter, I doubt either of us will be bringing guests, in fact she will probably not go as she isn't that interested in football, just likes a trip to London with her Dad 3 or 4 times a season.

If the time comes, I'm sure there will be more than just me who can help others get tickets if they are struggling to meet the criteria.

SuffolkWhite

Plenty on here who will help out I'm sure. And as Bill said, we aint even there yet!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fulham Tup North

Also of course, there will be many, like me, who live up north. Now being in the Championship has been good for me as I got to Blackburn, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Leeds, Barnsley, Wigan & Preston, but apart from a couple of those games, me and my two paid 'on the door'. So we would have limited 'Booking History' but have possibly seen Fulham more times this season that others and could well struggle to get a ticket! Still fingers crossed, we get there first and worry about a ticket then!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

JoelH5

Quote from: Riversider on May 06, 2017, 07:42:11 AM
Quote from: londonowl on May 06, 2017, 07:22:39 AM
Actually, there were 3 Wednesday fans on here. The other two, 1wedensday and friendlyowl both seemed happy to get into an argument. I didn't involve myself in the thread that was locked and I'm the one that lives in Wimbledon and the one that had a pop at one of the other Wednesday fans for just coming here on the wind up, I don't think I have said a bad word about Fulham and didn't come here to wind anybody up.

As you can buy up to 5 tickets per season ticket holder before it makes general sale to anyone with booking history, I don't think it will be an issue will it. For what it's worth though, I will be there with both the kids and doubtless will be sat amongst the home fans.

I have probably been to Craven Cottage more times in the last couple of seasons than many of your 'fans' who will be looking for tickets for the Play Offs and when I say I will be there, that is regardless of who you are playing.

For the final, what happened last year was shameful. Hull took their full allocation and only sold half of them leaving huge areas of Wembley closed off and empty whilst Wednesday tickets were changing hands for £250 each. I would think by location alone, Fulham should make a good fist of selling their tickets for Wembley but if not, hopefully the tickets would be returned so the stadium can be full.

Obviously this is only really a problem if you play us. No disrespect but the other 3 teams will all struggle somewhat to sell their full allocation at Wembley and whilst I think they would all sell out, there certainly won't be queues of people still desperate to get a ticket.

Other than that, I can't see any need for the constant digs at Yorkshire in the OP. Whilst I'm sure you couldn't understand the appeal of the place, most people who live in Yorkshire couldn't think of anything worse than living in London. Personally, I would move back tomorrow. For all London has going for it, I would move tomorrow but things aren't always that straight forward.

Anyway, I did promise I wouldn't post any more as it's been made pretty clear by many that opposing fans views are not welcomed on the forum.

londonowl out. See you next Saturday
Actually, there were 3 Wednesday fans on here. The other two, 1wedensday and friendlyowl both seemed happy to get into an argument. I didn't involve myself in the thread that was locked and I'm the one that lives in Wimbledon and the one that had a pop at one of the other Wednesday fans for just coming here on the wind up, I don't think I have said a bad word about Fulham and didn't come here to wind anybody up.

As you can buy up to 5 tickets per season ticket holder before it makes general sale to anyone with booking history, I don't think it will be an issue will it. For what it's worth though, I will be there with both the kids and doubtless will be sat amongst the home fans.

I have probably been to Craven Cottage more times in the last couple of seasons than many of your 'fans' who will be looking for tickets for the Play Offs and when I say I will be there, that is regardless of who you are playing.

For the final, what happened last year was shameful. Hull took their full allocation and only sold half of them leaving huge areas of Wembley closed off and empty whilst Wednesday tickets were changing hands for £250 each. I would think by location alone, Fulham should make a good fist of selling their tickets for Wembley but if not, hopefully the tickets would be returned so the stadium can be full.

Obviously this is only really a problem if you play us. No disrespect but the other 3 teams will all struggle somewhat to sell their full allocation at Wembley and whilst I think they would all sell out, there certainly won't be queues of people still desperate to get a ticket.

Other than that, I can't see any need for the constant digs at Yorkshire in the OP. Whilst I'm sure you couldn't understand the appeal of the place, most people who live in Yorkshire couldn't think of anything worse than living in London. Personally, I would move back tomorrow. For all London has going for it, I would move tomorrow but things aren't always that straight forward.

Anyway, I did promise I wouldn't post any more as it's been made pretty clear by many that opposing fans views are not welcomed on the forum.

londonowl out. See you next Saturday.

I pray to God that you are not sat anywhere near me if as you say you are going to be "sat in the home end" not very advisable and certainly not very clever with kids , you might sit on your hands if Wednesday score but you will stick out like a sore thumb if Fulham score !!

This Riversider clown has gone to a new level! Better
Quote from: Riversider on May 06, 2017, 07:42:11 AM

londonowl out. See you next Saturday

londonowl out. See you next Saturday.

I pray to God that you are not sat anywhere near me if as you say you are going to be "sat in the home end" not very advisable and certainly not very clever with kids , you might sit on your hands if Wednesday score but you will stick out like a sore thumb if Fulham score !!

You pray to god he's not sat anywhere near you!? Haha get a grip. He's even said he'll be with his kids!

Insinuating there is going to be trouble if he is...? And you're supposedly a die hard Fulham fan. Thank god the Fulham I associate myself with is far flung from those with attitudes such as yours.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

PokerMatt

I've not had a season ticket for a few years. I get to the games I can afford to get to. I'm a member so I could get one ticket on Monday but I'd quite like my old man to come with me. He's not a member therefore he can't. This is a shame really so if anyone might have any spare allocation then I'd certainly be grateful when it comes to it.

On the post, I agree to an extent but I highly doubt even if members could have more tickets that the cottage would be full of away fans.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Twig

Well you've certainly managed to upset a fair few long standing FFC fans Riversider.  I have lived in Dubai for the past 7 years. I kept my two season tickets going for the first two years but I simply couldn't justify the expense.  So I suppose that makes me an "armchair supporter".  Apparently I have no excuse for not being a memder too! 

At least I'm not rude, arrogant and insulting like you though. And I wouldn't mind sitting next to a polite, reasonable Owls fan with his kids if that were to happen.

Neil D

Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 06, 2017, 08:06:35 AM
I no longer have a season ticket due to having to work most Saturdays.  I buy all my tickets for matches online on the FFC website and it clearly shows my booking history on there and surely that must be do the same for everyone who does so.
Exactly.  Hard to understand where the OP's hysteria about tickets falling into the 'wrong' hands comes from.

Riversider

Quote from: Neil D on May 06, 2017, 01:53:12 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 06, 2017, 08:06:35 AM
I no longer have a season ticket due to having to work most Saturdays.  I buy all my tickets for matches online on the FFC website and it clearly shows my booking history on there and surely that must be do the same for everyone who does so.
Exactly.  Hard to understand where the OP's hysteria about tickets falling into the 'wrong' hands comes from.

Sheffield Wednesday sold 45,000 tickets at Wembley last May and we're looking for more , so on that basis their support would be looking for the same this season if they got there and played the likes of Fulham or Reading,
As we've already established plenty of them have got a booking history at Craven Cottage thanks to the absurd nature of our neutral end,
Still there hasn't been one "life long" Fulham supporter on here , not one, that hasn't been able to explain why they aren't currently a member ? The cost is small and life would be a whole lot easier, and as I said earlier we wouldn't be having this conversation if these fans were members, there really is no excuse.

Max Headroom

I tried go buy a ticket for Sheffield Wednesday away. I'm not a current year season ticket holder. Ticket master couldn't sell me a ticket, so no need to fret. Tickets will just go to our fans. Also Wembley will be in two halves for the final if we get there.....

Chill

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: tslyon on May 06, 2017, 01:59:15 AM
I am SOOOOOO tempted to jump on a flight.  Non-stop from LA to Heathrow; easy as pie.  Wife might get a little miffed though.  We are moving house this summer and the movers show up on the 30th.  Think I'd be alright????  Never a season ticket holder, but still a member.  Probably wouldn't make it to the ticket office in time though. Sucks being a part-timer...  Life-long supporter for the last 9 years. :-)

Cheers,

Steve

There should be some consideration given to us 'ex-pats' and 'non-UK overseas fans/supporters'
eg:
Anyone who has posted on here for a while.
Frequent long term 'clickers' on FFC
People who went to the Jacksonville game (etc)
Fans who went to any of the Eurapa Cup away games
Anyone who has travelled from overseas to see a game.
The European FFC fans clubs that go over frequently in their droves.

Plus loads of other examples.

Hopefully folks like me, Tyslon and all the others who have to fight with their wives
to prove that Football/Soccer is not "just a game" and dig out a load of money from
our savings accounts to come over.

I'd be sorted out but perhaps someone can start a UK-based 'accommodation and transportation
group' to reduce the cost for overseas fans, a sort of AirBNB for 2/3 days'
Food would need to be:
Day 1:  Fish and Chips
Day 2:  Nothing, too Pi**ed to eat (hopefully)
Day 3:  Pie and mash

Meet up sessions for individuals to meet lots of others fans.

Also: I would hope some in the UK will help visiting fans with getting tickets.
If individual season ticket holders get 4 tickets, perhaps they would consider
reserving one for a visitor (if needed) instead of for a mate who would never go to see Fulham otherwise.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

"Still there hasn't been one "life long" Fulham supporter on here , not one, that hasn't been able to explain why they aren't currently a member ? The cost is small and life would be a whole lot easier, and as I said earlier we wouldn't be having this conversation if these fans were members, there really is no excuse."

Not that small when you are an OAP, and also now live some distance from London, which means fares have to betaken into account when going to the Cottage.

I was a member in the Prem, but it generally hasn't been  necessary  in the Championship.

Why shouldn't tickets remaining after season ticket holders and members have had their  more than adequate ticket allocation, shouldn't the remaining tickets go on sale to those with a booking history?
So that you would get a good representation of Fulham fans at games.

I bet a lot of  tickets  bought by season tickets and members find their way into non Fulham fans, whereas I only want a ticket for myself-yes, a genuine, lifelong Fulham fan, one who has seen Haynes, Cohen, Macedo  etc play, and watched us in the bottom division, and indeed in every division from the top to the bottom and back again.

All that having a season ticket proves is that you can afford it.

tslyon

Quote from: Riversider on May 06, 2017, 07:33:51 AM
Quote from: tslyon on May 06, 2017, 01:59:15 AM
I am SOOOOOO tempted to jump on a flight.  Non-stop from LA to Heathrow; easy as pie.  Wife might get a little miffed though.  We are moving house this summer and the movers show up on the 30th.  Think I'd be alright????  Never a season ticket holder, but still a member.  Probably wouldn't make it to the ticket office in time though. Sucks being a part-timer...  Life-long supporter for the last 9 years. :-)

Cheers,

Steve

You know what, you're right let's relax the security on sales, it might mean several hundred southern based Sheffield Wednesday fans getting tickets in the Fulham section but if an armchair fan from L.A gets a ticket then that's all well and good !
The main body of my post stands, there is no way that Ticketmaster should be responsible for "booking history" sales owing to the very nature of the "Neutral section" and historic sales in that area , who wants to argue against that ?
And as I've said I don't give a monkeys whether you live in Bulgaria, L.A or Norfolk there is no excuse whatsoever for you not being a member , if you were nothing in this thread would concern you, we've stood on the edge of greatness since Christmas, it didn't happen overnight and catch anybody out !
What we need now is for Reading to beat Burton tomorrow so that they meet us in the semi final and then Huddersfield smash Sheffield Wednesday in the other semi final, that way there are no possible security issues and at the same time more than enough tickets to go round.
Enjoy your weekend.
Peace.

Hey Riversider, do you have any idea how hard it is to be a Fullham fan in the States right now?  I don't get the papers, MOTM, Sky, or BBC.  I get you and the rest of the supporters on this forum.  I pay for the honor of hearing Gentleman Jim at some very ungodly hours on the weekend.  I pay for premier sports channels to be able to watch Fulham play twice a year on television.  I consider myself fortunate to have been able to attend two matches at the Cottage.  Heck, I even brought my wife to one.  Had to pay for hospitality to get her to go.  So, disagree with my post if you wish, but don't ever confuse me for an armchair supporter...By the way, nice of you to have to go to an urban dictionary term to disparage another Fulham supporter. 

So, if I was able to fly the 10.5 hours to get to the match, I would be disapointed in not being able to buy a ticket because I could not prove I was a supporter because I have no history of supporting the club.

Cheers,

Steve

JoelH5

I think Riversider should receive a temporary ban. Not for his views on 'armchair supporters', he's entitled to his views but the fact he insinuated he would cause problems or inflict violence against the Owls supporter (and his children!!!) if they were sitting next to him. Violence is never acceptable and unless this goes punished, it sets a terrible precedent.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

RaySmith

When I began going to games you just turned up and paid at the turnstiles to stand on the terraces. Most fans having season tickets is a modern phenomenon.

For the FA CUP Final, you just needed  vouchers from programmes to get tickets.

daveyork

Must have a lot of fingers mate I live in Yorkshire are there are a quite a few of us

tslyon

Quote from: RaySmith on May 06, 2017, 04:44:17 PM
When I began going to games you just turned up and paid at the turnstiles to stand on the terraces. Most fans having season tickets is a modern phenomenon.

For the FA CUP Final, you just needed  vouchers from programmes to get tickets.

This sounds lovely.  That would be awesome to have seen.

Cheers,

Steve

Apprentice to the Maestro

I am deeply concerned how Ticketmaster are going to distinguish the miserable gits so that they are not allocated seats amongst us to spoil the game for normal fans.  :005:

Peabody

Speaking as an aged supporter, I think this thread is why so many of our long time supporters spend so little time on forums. Riversider is always complaining, if not about the lack of progress on the Riverside rebuild, then he finds any subject he can to criticise both the club and anyone who dares to disagree with him. For goodness sake man lighten up.  Fulham have given us fans a brilliant season, playing very good football and entertaining us royally, which made a change from the previous three years. As an aside, I had a Hamburg fan sitting next to me during the Europa and guess what, we got along famously.

bigalffc

Quote from: Riversider on May 05, 2017, 08:31:07 PM
Any tickets sold via a "booking history" should NOT under any circumstance be sold over the phone or online, they should only be sold by personally visiting the ticket office, this gives the ticket office person a moment to assess the booking history of the person trying to book the tickets,
There is no way on Gods green Earth, that somebody at Ticketmaster is going to put somebody on hold for a moment so that they can check who the caller has previously bought tickets for,
You can probably count on one hand the amount of Fulham supporters living in Yorkshire (and why would you) and yet there will literally be thousands of people from Yorkshire living in London and the South East (who can blame them)
This is why if we get to the Final it's imperative that the club gets it right when it comes to how many tickets season ticket holders can get,
2 per season ticket holder would leave a minimum of 20,000 tickets in what I call the "grey area" , open to members and people with a "booking history" , so maybe , as I've said before , it should be 3 per season ticket holder to reduce the chances of them falling in to the wrong hands,
Those 2 Wednesday numpties that we had on here earlier one of them was from Wimbledon ! Bloody hell, he lives closer to Craven Cottage than me,
The club has to be very very careful when it comes to selling tickets with a booking history which is why it must only be done at the ticket office, and if that causes a problem to any part time Fulham supporter, tough ! You've had plenty of time to become a member , no doubt you will suddenly become a season ticket holder or member when we return eventually to the Premier League.

What a bloody cheek!, my family and I are spread across the country and couldn't get to nor afford the cost of travel. I started supporting Fulham when my Grandad took me in 1958 and although I had to move away in '68 have still made a few games every season ever since. I bring my Children and Grandsons as often as we can afford and I find your post an insult.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I've only been to CC once in the last 15 years.
My first trip back to England, last year, was to give my daughter away.
The wife and I popped in and paid 2 pounds each to stand in the Hammy End
corner for 2 minutes and sniff the 'sacred air'

Perfume to my nose
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES