more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 25, 2017, 12:36:47 PM
Timmy Abraham, younger brother of Tammy Abraham has joined Fulham after impressing in a trial.

Is there a third brother: Tommy?
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Wolf on May 25, 2017, 01:43:05 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 25, 2017, 12:36:47 PM
Timmy Abraham, younger brother of Tammy Abraham has joined Fulham after impressing in a trial.

Is there a third brother: Tommy?

There's a fourth : Tummy !
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

ahahah I rate deeney. Would be a top signing. Don't think he would drop down however.

On a side note I am glad Bournemouth have signed Defoe just so I don't have to see people calling for us to sign him every minute when it's clear we could never get him.
STH H3

Jem

Quote from: Statto on May 25, 2017, 01:15:42 PM
I don't really want us to sign any attacking player that doesn't have a decent YouTube compilation of backheels, roulettes, elasticos etc. So not interested in Deeney
I agree but the player must also be highly rated on Football Manager and Fifa 17 ;-)
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

westcliff white

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 25, 2017, 01:38:42 PM
Quote from: cmg on May 25, 2017, 07:18:18 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 25, 2017, 06:43:23 AM

Arsenal, Everton and a few other prem clubs also scouting Belgium heavily these days.
Standard there has gone up, not far short of the Dutch league these days.

Aren't standard already in Belgiums top league?? How can they go up?
Unless your trying to be funny, didn't work for me 😉, I meant the standard has gone up
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on May 26, 2017, 04:25:30 PM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-laying-groundwork-possible-defender-departure-let-club-know-availability/
Don't know how reliable this is but it seems odoi could be on his way out.

Honestly wouldn't blame him. He could be starting elsewhere. Just not going to beat out Ryan. Of course, I would like for him to stay as he fits well with the group, is entirely capable in this league, and he's not much of a drop off when called upon.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

@jolslover

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 25, 2017, 06:18:38 PM
http://soccerballandwrasslin.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/fulham-1718-summer-window-preview.html

One thing I loved in this was the idea of Pozuelo being used as a Cairney replacement. Think he was linked with us a couple of years back. Top player
STH H3

WhiteJC

2 Signings Fulham Are Expected To Complete This Summer Including This Rangers CB

Two Signings That Fulham Are Expected To Make This Summer

After missing out on a play-off final place at Wembley, Fulham are fully aware they need to strengthen the squad ahead of next season. Reading managed to beat them in a very close 2-leg encounter, despite Fulham's finish to the regular season making them favourites for a promotion.

Given their swashbuckling style, it is no surprise that defenders are on the wanted list right now. There is little wrong at Fulham in the full-back department given the form of Scott Malone in particular, but with Thomas Kalas due back at Chelsea and Tim Ream not likely to be around forever, centre-backs will be badly needed by Slavisa Jokanovic if they are to challenge for a promotion place again next season.

Here are two very firm targets the Serbian boss could look to nail down before the end of Fulham's pre-season preparations:

Rob Kiernan (Rangers)
The Rangers centre-back is out of favour with new boss Pedro Caixinha and a move back to England seems to be on the cards. He has had a shaky time in an overall poor defensive unit in Glasgow and whether he is the man for the job at Fulham is open to debate. However, getting his signature may not prove to be a problem if the club wish to take a chance on him.

Kiernan is not a preferred option for Caixinha and so if Fulham see something in him they like, he may prove to be an easy one to get over the line early on in the close-season.

Harlee Dean (Brentford)
Signing Dean would be annoying to near neighbours Brentford, but he is just what Fulham need right now. The centre-half has improved in recent seasons and has played a key role at the heart of their defence.

Dean would most likely be available at a fair price too, with Brentford having always shown willingness to do business if there is a solid bid on the table. The big defender has spent 6 seasons at Griffin Park now and may feel he is stagnating a little; the sale of Scott Hogan is another unfortunate reminder that Brentford aren't a club looking to build significantly towards a promotion push.

Fulham are a club with serious top level ambition and can give Dean the chance to play big league football, which he thoroughly deserves.

http://soccersouls.com/2017/05/27/2-signings-fulham-expected-complete-summer/

WhiteJC

Fulham laying groundwork for possible defender departure, have let club know of availability

Brought in last summer from KSC Lokeren for under £1m, Denis Odoi was a well-used member of Fulham's squad last season, making 30 appearances in the league, as well as scoring two goals and  picking up two assists.

Clearly trusted by Slavisa Jokanovic to do a job at Craven Cottage, his future at the club, however, has a big question mark over it, if Het Nieuwsblad are to be believed.

The Belgian outlet report on Friday that, if an offer arrived from Belgium for him, Fulham could let him go in the summer.

The club have apparently let KAA Gent know that they would be willing to negotiate a deal for the 28-year-old, which they have done without knowing whether or not he would be open to a return there.

Wanting to play a little bit more, and by that, Odoi means he wants to start every game, the future of Ryan Fredericks could also be key in his decision.

Het Nieuwsblad state the right-back would be a dream buy for Gent, as they are looking for a replacement for Thomas Foket, likely to leave in the summer.

Furthermore, they need more Belgians in their squad, and Odoi ticks that box nicely.

It seems early days for an Odoi transfer, but the groundwork is there.

There are a lot of variables, but if it happens, don't be surprised.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-laying-groundwork-possible-defender-departure-let-club-know-availability/

@jolslover

If we signed either Dean or Kiernan I would be severely underwhelmed. Assume its just paper talk.
STH H3

Lighthouse

Fulham are linked with a move for 21 year old Ghanian CB Isaac Donkor, at Cesena on loan from Internazionale
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 27, 2017, 10:19:32 AM
Fulham are linked with a move for 21 year old Ghanian CB Isaac Donkor, at Cesena on loan from Internazionale

Young. Physically imposing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JULntUqydFo
Probably the least whelming highlights video I have ever seen. Shows him: standing on the touchline waiting to get subbed on a few times (squad number 54 - never an encouraging sign), falling over a lot, kicking the ball high into the air on a range of Italian recreation grounds...Probably turn out to be the next Marcel Desailly.

Woolly Mammoth

Just what we are looking for, a poor mans Senderos, and at 5ft 10 ins, nowhere near tall enough.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: cmg on May 27, 2017, 10:37:21 AM

Probably the least whelming highlights video I have ever seen. Shows him: standing on the touchline waiting to get subbed on a few times (squad number 54 - never an encouraging sign), falling over a lot, kicking the ball high into the air on a range of Italian recreation grounds...Probably turn out to be the next Marcel Desailly.

Very highly rated by all accounts..

Lighthouse

Quote from: cmg on May 27, 2017, 10:37:21 AM

:005: I see what you mean. To be fair the video was put up a few years ago. Mind you not too impressed with the defenders we have been linked with so far.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 27, 2017, 10:45:32 AM
Just what we are looking for, a poor mans Senderos, and at 5ft 10 ins, nowhere near tall enough.

Agree. Because Kalas Ream and Madl are all below 6 foot.  Hutchinson Burn were much taller. I know who I'd rather have.
STH H3

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: @jolslover on May 27, 2017, 11:23:16 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 27, 2017, 10:45:32 AM

Agree. Because Kalas Ream and Madl are all below 6 foot.  Hutchinson Burn were much taller. I know who I'd rather have.

Kalas is just over 6ft & Ream is 6ft 1" but I get your point