more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Middlesbrough installed as favourites to land Fulham boss, Sunderland also keen

Slavisa Jokanovic is a wanted man this summer, with north-east clubs interested, according to bookmakers

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has been installed as the favourite by Sky Bet to become the new Middlesbrough boss.

The Whites will be desperate to hold on to him after a successful season, just missing out in the play-offs against Reading.

Fulham were the most entertaining side in th Championship under Jokanovic in the last campaign, according to statistics.

Middlesbrough, relegated from the Premier League, are now seen as frontrunners to land Jokanovic, with Sky Bet offering 7/2 odds.

He also has odds for the vacancies at old club Watford (18/1) and now Sunderland (9/1), also relegated from the top flight.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-installed-favourites-land-fulham-13080543

Keynsham

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Keynsham

Big Fat Sam.

I'm not sure if that is a who, or a what.

Keynsham

westcliff white

Quote from: Keynsham on May 23, 2017, 05:13:11 PM
Big Fat Sam.

I'm not sure if that is a who, or a what.

he has left palace? I cant see that happening, unless have missed something

Keynsham

It is just a rumour at the moment, but it's being reported in the Daily Heil and the Sun.

Roberty

It is on the BBC website - he's retired - wants to enjoy life with family

Probably in China ??
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

twang

cmg

Quote from: twang on May 24, 2017, 10:53:02 AM
The Emmanuel Emenike to Fulham rumour has resurfaced:
http://www.milliyet.com.tr/emenike-fulham-yolunda--fenerbahce-2455986-skorerhaber/

Why is it the horror stories that keep resurfacing? Hugo Rodellega had three times as many goals (9) as this bloke in the Turkish league this season.

...And would a 'pre-contract loan deal' be 'a trial'?

Mince n Tatties

More foreign players never heard of.
But we'll have a certain poster come on and say they are both fabulous because they have an exotic name.

westcliff white

Emunike played for west ham I think, surprised you have not heard of him. I ma not saying he is good or bad just he has a high profile.

We have to face facts we will look abroad for players as they are generally cheaper than buying from English clubs

twang

I wouldn't mind Emenike IF we get another high profile striker as well during this window. He'll come cheap (possibly free) as Fener wants to get rid of his £40-45k pw wages. But on the other hand he'll need to take a wage cut to join us.

Emenike has the potential to be a beast at this level but he hasn't performed at the top of his ability for a few seasons now. But if he joins early he'll have a full pre season under Slavisa and that would give him a good platform to start from.

Lighthouse

20 year old Panama & Gent midfielder Ricardo Avila says he has signed a pre-contract agreement to go on loan at Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 24, 2017, 02:00:22 PM
20 year old Panama & Gent midfielder Ricardo Avila says he has signed a pre-contract agreement to go on loan at Fulham.

Would this mean the end of Petsos, I wonder? Certainly, we will need a replacement for Scotty but, a 20 yr old whose highest level is Gent sounds more like a project than someone who is ready to step in as cover should McDonald need cover.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Deeping_white

Wouldn't mind a punt on Landry Dimata of Oostende seeing as it looks like we're sending Cyriac back to them. Basically a bigger and stronger version of Cyriac and aged 19 he's just scored 14 goals this season.

TXWhite

GWL have now picked up the story about Avila. Young, but sounds talented - allegedly Feyenoord wanted him, too. Probably a squad player, but in an area where we were quite light.

Chutney

Quote from: TXWhite on May 24, 2017, 03:28:10 PM
GWL have now picked up the story about Avila. Young, but sounds talented - allegedly Feyenoord wanted him, too. Probably a squad player, but in an area where we were quite light.

With Parker likely taking a back seat the only cover we have for McDonald going in to the new season is Adeniran, and possibly Madl although he's not too comfortable there. LVC is the perfect cover for Johansen, Kebano, aluko and Ayite can ciover Cianry but that DM role is where we are light.
C O Y W

TXWhite

Quote from: Chutney on May 24, 2017, 03:47:15 PM
Quote from: TXWhite on May 24, 2017, 03:28:10 PM

With Parker likely taking a back seat the only cover we have for McDonald going in to the new season is Adeniran, and possibly Madl although he's not too comfortable there. LVC is the perfect cover for Johansen, Kebano, aluko and Ayite can ciover Cianry but that DM role is where we are light.

Listed as a DM on Transfermarkt!

@jolslover

I've never heard of Avila or seen him play.

Emenike would be a good signing. I rate him and think he would get bags of goals in the championship. Fast, powerful and good end product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P90TI8M79U
Heres a good video of Emenike showing his hold up play and some nice touches and finishes.
STH H3