more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asotosyios

Richard Stearman disappointed not to be joining Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolverhampton Wanderers have not taken up the option of signing the defender on a permanent deal from Fulham.

Richard Stearman has admitted to the Express and Star that he has been upset by Wolverhampton Wanderers' decision not to keep him at Molineux for another season.

Stearman has been on loan at Wolves from Fulham this campaign, and the centre-back has enjoyed his second spell with the Midlands club.

Stearman may not have played as regularly as he was hoping, but he remains a very popular figure among the Wolves fans.

However, Wolves have decided against making his move permanent - allowing him to join Fulham.

And Stearman admits that he is gutted to have missed out on joining Wolves.

"It's upsetting but that's the way it is," Stearman said. "Both parties move on and I'll never have a bad word to say about anyone at the club.

"It's the club I love and there's no animosity whatsoever. I wish everyone the best for the future – I would have loved to extend my stay but it's not to be."

Stearman is still likely to leave Fulham this summer, although it is currently unclear which club he will join.

The 29-year-old defender has proven his quality in the Championship over a number of seasons, meaning Fulham should not struggle to find a buyer.

Stearman made 18 starts for Wolves in the Championship this season, with the Midlands side finishing in 15th place in the table.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/22/richard-stearman-disappointed-not-to-be-joining-wolverhampton-wa/

Asotosyios

Chelsea man Lucas Piazon admits he's unsure if he will be at Fulham next season after returning from loan

Lucas Piazon has admitted it would be 'nice' to stay at Fulham but revealed he doesn't know if he will be at Craven Cottage next season.

The Chelsea loanee has returned to his parent club after Slavisa Jokanovic's side were defeated in the Play-offs by Reading, having signing on loan on the last day of the summer transfer window, before extending the deal in January.

He was a staple in the side until a jaw injury at Cardiff in February ruled him out for two weeks, where he made his return at Derby but struggled to reclaim a regular place in the side.

Chelsea look set to offload the Brazilian in the summer, along with fellow loanee Tomas Kalas, but it remains to be seen whether Fulham will make a permanent offer for Piazon, who has said if the opportunity arises it would be nice to remain at the Cottage.

He said: "It's nice to see my ex team mates going to Wembley, we are out and we need to think about next season and do a better job but I don't know if I'll be here or not, you never know.

"I enjoyed my experience here, I came on the last day of the window and didn't expect to be here and to be honest we had a good season, we enjoyed playing together and I enjoyed playing here so I would be happy to stay.

"I think they are doing a great job here and if I have the opportunity to stay and keep this good work it would be nice.

"The aim next year is to go up I think, we came close this year so the team and the club has to push to go up next season.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-man-lucas-piazon-admits-13070490

@jolslover

Quote from: Asotosyios on May 22, 2017, 08:05:06 PM
Richard Stearman disappointed not to be joining Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolverhampton Wanderers have not taken up the option of signing the defender on a permanent deal from Fulham.

Richard Stearman has admitted to the Express and Star that he has been upset by Wolverhampton Wanderers' decision not to keep him at Molineux for another season.

Stearman has been on loan at Wolves from Fulham this campaign, and the centre-back has enjoyed his second spell with the Midlands club.

Stearman may not have played as regularly as he was hoping, but he remains a very popular figure among the Wolves fans.

However, Wolves have decided against making his move permanent - allowing him to join Fulham.

And Stearman admits that he is gutted to have missed out on joining Wolves.

"It's upsetting but that's the way it is," Stearman said. "Both parties move on and I'll never have a bad word to say about anyone at the club.

"It's the club I love and there's no animosity whatsoever. I wish everyone the best for the future – I would have loved to extend my stay but it's not to be."

Stearman is still likely to leave Fulham this summer, although it is currently unclear which club he will join.

The 29-year-old defender has proven his quality in the Championship over a number of seasons, meaning Fulham should not struggle to find a buyer.

Stearman made 18 starts for Wolves in the Championship this season, with the Midlands side finishing in 15th place in the table.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/22/richard-stearman-disappointed-not-to-be-joining-wolverhampton-wa/

Honestly don't rate Stearman at all and would be very surprised if he ever plays for Fulham again.
Here is an extract from Wolves forums on Stearman.

When you sell a defender for £2m for avowed "footballing reasons", he goes on to play for a team who concede 79 goals in a year and then finds himself out of the picture within a year of the move, it wouldn't seem conventional to bring him back. Of course we now know that Richard Stearman's move to Fulham was prompted by the downsizing of ambition from the soon-to-depart Steve Morgan and rumours of a personality clash with Kenny Jackett also persist. As we saw attempts to sign Alfie Mawson and Luisao flounder (astonishing really that the latter preferred Champions League nights at Estadio da Luz rather than a midweek schlep to Portman Road, but it takes all sorts), we went with a tried and trusted option, someone we knew, someone we knew was available and would come. That of course being the issue in itself; we know Richard Stearman. Only two things have changed since we originally signed him in 2008; his haircut, which has gone from boyband shock blonde to a straggly mullet, and he can no longer use his pace to recover on the turn, being as he can't really run any more. Everything else: the slack marking, the complacency on the ball, the inability to lead a defence, the poor positioning leading to a display of flinging himself around like a ragdoll to rectify the initial error, the hamfisted error...that's all still there. He can fist pump and chest beat all he likes, but it's all window dressing. It's "passion" for the sake of it, because we don't really see that level of commitment in his actual defending; real defensive leaders, real lionhearts, don't pass on responsibility like Stearman does, week after week after week. Being in and out of a team that has yet to find a convincing centre half partnership says it all and there isn't any chance we should consider retaining him. Thanks for the goal at Anfield Stears, and goodbye. For good this time.
STH H3

WhiteJC

Aston Villa should move for Richard Stearman

Wolverhampton Wanderers have decided against signing Richard Stearman from Fulham, meaning Aston Villa could make a move.

With Richard Stearman's move to Wolverhampton Wanderers falling through (Shropshire Star), he could make a good option for Aston Villa.

Villa are looking to upgrade their squad in the summer transfer window, but do not have many funds to spend currently.

Steve Bruce's side are said to have a £1 million transfer budget (Daily Mirror), with loans and free transfers their most likely buys.

And Stearman could now make a good budget addition for Villa, following Wolves' decision not to make his move permanent.

Stearman may not have started particularly often for Wolves this campaign, but he remains a very popular figure at Molineux.

The 29-year-old's quality at Championship level is undoubted, and he is surely one of the best available options for Villa on their current budget.

Bruce is known to want to add a new centre-back, as Villa aim to return to the Premier League next season.

And although Stearman's arrival may not set any pulses racing at Villa Park, he would be a quality budget signing for the claret and blues.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/22/aston-villa-should-move-for-richard-stearman/

Mince n Tatties

Fulham set to swoop for Arsenal keeper David Ospina.
4 million.
Also set to make offer for Southends Ryan Leonard.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 23, 2017, 09:04:43 AM
4 million.

Interesting, I haven't watched Ospina much but the fact that he got regular gametime for Arsenal suggests he's decent. Where have you see this mate?
STH H3

Apprentice to the Maestro

4 million.

According to Wikipedia, Leonard has won Player of the Year three times in a row now for Southend. Didn't we try using that stat as a key for our recruitment two seasons ago? That didn't work out well as I remember.

Leonard is a midfielder aged 24. 203 appearances and 16 goals.

His Wikipedia page is the worst in being up-to-date that I have ever read for a Fulham target. The usual table of stats hasn't been update for the last two seasons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Leonard

cmg

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 23, 2017, 11:02:26 AM
4 million.

According to Wikipedia, Leonard has won Player of the Year three times in a row now for Southend. Didn't we try using that stat as a key for our recruitment two seasons ago? That didn't work out well as I remember.

His Wikipedia page is the worst in being up-to-date that I have ever read for a Fulham target. The usual table of stats hasn't been update for the last two seasons.

Not sure how high your standards of success might be, but Cairney (Blackburn), Johansen (Celtic) and McDonald (Wolves) all won their respective club's PotY before moving to us. They haven't worked out too bad. 049:gif

filham

So, I think we now have four centre backs on our books, Ream, Madle , Sigurdsson and Spearman and I would think we would want to sign Kalas.
We can't really afford five centre backs, who goes and who stays. Is any club going to pay good money for Sigurdsson or Spearman who have not lived up to expectation in our colours.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: filham on May 23, 2017, 12:49:46 PM
So, I think we now have four centre backs on our books, Ream, Madle , Sigurdsson and Spearman and I would think we would want to sign Kalas.
We can't really afford five centre backs, who goes and who stays. Is any club going to pay good money for Sigurdsson or Spearman who have not lived up to expectation in our colours.

I think Sigurdsson stays because the club won't want to write off such a big financial loss after one season and because as a sub he is more likely to come on with 5 minutes to go to protect a lead than Madl is.

So Stearman and Madl will go. Kalas and another will come in.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: cmg on May 23, 2017, 11:17:05 AM
4 million.

Not sure how high your standards of success might be, but Cairney (Blackburn), Johansen (Celtic) and McDonald (Wolves) all won their respective club's PotY before moving to us. They haven't worked out too bad. 049:gif

I did say two seasons ago when we had others who were not quite such a success like Stearman and Pringle, a mixed bag at best.

westcliff white

4 million.
I have watched a lot of Ryan Leonard, he would be a decent signing, can play any of the 3 positions in midfield. Solid squad player for us.

Where is it reported that we are interested
Every day is a Fulham day

AlexW132

Quote from: cmg on May 23, 2017, 11:17:05 AM
4 million.

So did Stearman

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: westcliff white on May 23, 2017, 01:26:13 PM
4 million.
I have watched a lot of Ryan Leonard, he would be a decent signing, can play any of the 3 positions in midfield. Solid squad player for us.

Its nonsense WW off the transfer championship rumours.. I've just seen Fenarbache in for Ospina 5mill.
Leonard might be genuine though.

Mince n Tatties

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 23, 2017, 02:08:47 PM
4 million.

Its nonsense WW off the transfer championship rumours.. I've just seen Fenarbache in for Ospina 5mill.
it was Leonard I was referring too
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

Why hasn't Ryan Sessegnon signed a deal yet?

I would of thought all the negotiations would of been done so that he could sign as soon as he turned 17.
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: westcliff white on May 23, 2017, 02:27:42 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 23, 2017, 02:08:47 PM
4 million.

it was Leonard I was referring too

It was on the same post as Ospina was.

Friendsoffulham

HE £2.13M-RATED FULHAM STRIKER WHO WOULD MAKE AN EXCELLENT ADDITION TO NOTTINGHAM FOREST'S PLAY-OFF PUSH NEXT SEASON

It's been a tough season for Nottingham Forest and there's hope that Mark Warburton can turn things around over the summer months.

The former Brentford and Rangers manager, who masterminded the Reds' safety on the final day of the season, has lots to think about as he looks to rebuild a Forest side that has seriously struggled this season.

But part of that will be moving out the deadwood, some of which has struggled at the club for years now.

But there's one man that we at the FLW think could make a huge impact down at the City Ground next season and that's £2.13million-rated Fulham forward Sone Aluko.

The former Birmingham youngster has never been renowned for scoring 30 goals a season, but he's a seriously pacy outlet upfront, and we've seen the best from him this time out.

AdTech Ad
He's scored nine goals and created 12 goalscoring opportunities this season which makes for decent reading, but it's his movement off the ball and around the forward line that makes him so good going forward.

The Nigerian international has a wicked turn of pace which has seen him cause problems for many defences this season.

He's proven to be one of the best pieces of business made last summer, joining the Cottagers on a free transfer and performing very well indeed.

But at 28-years-old, the forward should now be hitting his peak and should the right offer come in for his services, Fulham may decide to move him on.

Forest need some real striking talent going forward and he could be the sort of man that really fits the bill.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-2-13m-rated-fulham-striker-who-would-make-an-excellent-addition-to-nottingham-forests-play-off-push-next-season/