watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

I'm no fan of Emenike's wages, scoring record and reputation. Better options out there.

WhiteJC

Fulham pip Feyenoord and agree pre-contract with exciting Panama ace Ricardo Avila
The Cottagers are hopeful of wrapping up a loan deal for KAA Gent man

Fulham hope to wrap up a deal for Panama international star Ricardo Avila for next season.

The midfielder, who plays for Belgian side KAA Gent, was spotted by Fulham officials in a tournament which included sides from France and the Netherlands.

He spoke to SomoLaSele.com about the move.

"I signed a pre-contract on Sunday, but nothing is official," said Avila.

"I feel very good. My family are very happy. Fulham told me I am very good player, I'm very confident.

"Feyenoord, they were looking at me and asking for me, they met with my agent but we did not make an agreement.

"The Fulham team is great, I would like to play there, but what I signed is an official contract, it's a pre-contract."

Panama's footballer Ricardo Avila and Honduran player Darixon Vuelto vie for the ball during their Under 20 Concacaf qualifying football match (Photo credit: EZEQUIEL BECERRA/AFP/Getty Images)

It seems that Avila's move will be concluded depending on the future of a Gent team-mate. If that player does not depart, Avila will move to Fulham on loan.

The 20-year-old, who came through the ranks at Chorillio, signed the pre-contract deal with the Cottagers on Sunday and hopes to have it finalised soon.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-pip-feyenoord-agree-pre-13085504

WhiteJC

THE PREMIER LEAGUE OUTCAST WHOSE FINAL CHANCE COULD BE AT FULHAM

Play-off heartbreak at the hands of Reading marked a disappointing end to the season for Fulham, who are now consigned to another season in the Sky Bet Championship.

Things could be about to get even worse for the Cottagers however, with Premier League clubs sniffing around a number of their prized assets.

Tom Cairney has been linked with a move to Newcastle, and teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon is reported to be attracting interest from Manchester United and Liverpool.

Both players will be difficult to replace, and 16 year old Sessegnon ability and potential will be a particular loss to the side from west London.

Born in the year 2000, the player struck 7 goals and recorded 3 assists from the left back berth in only 20 league and cup starts.

Replacing such a prestigious young talent will give manager Slavisa Jokanovic a real headache this summer.

One player who once showed the immense potential currently exhibited by Sessegnon never quite made the grade, but at the age of 24, still has time to reach the lofty heights he was once touted to achieve.

Zeki Fryers made his way through the Manchester United academy, before a contentious move to Tottenham via Standard Liege materialised.

A move to Crystal Palace followed, and loan moves to Rotherham and Ipswich failed to put the defender's career back on track.

At Fulham, perhaps Fryers could rediscover the form that made him such a hot prospect in Manchester during his teenage years.

The player is set to be released on a free transfer this summer, and Jokanovic may feel he has what it takes to finally draw the best from the player.

Giving the Englishman one final chance to prove himself is a low risk alternative to a big money swoop for a Sessegnon replacement, and this cost effective option may appeal to those in charge at Craven Cottage.

If the manager can get Fryers back on track, Fulham could have a real gem on their hands.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-premier-league-outcast-whose-final-chance-could-be-at-fulham/

filham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 24, 2017, 02:13:18 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 24, 2017, 02:00:22 PM
20 year old Panama & Gent midfielder Ricardo Avila says he has signed a pre-contract agreement to go on loan at Fulham.

Would this mean the end of Petsos, I wonder? Certainly, we will need a replacement for Scotty but, a 20 yr old whose highest level is Gent sounds more like a project than someone who is ready to step in as cover should McDonald need cover.
How could it mean the end of Petsos when we are still waiting to see the start of him.

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on May 24, 2017, 12:05:16 PM
I wouldn't mind Emenike IF we get another high profile striker as well during this window. He'll come cheap (possibly free) as Fener wants to get rid of his £40-45k pw wages. But on the other hand he'll need to take a wage cut to join us.

Emenike has the potential to be a beast at this level but he hasn't performed at the top of his ability for a few seasons now. But if he joins early he'll have a full pre season under Slavisa and that would give him a good platform to start from.
Yes they do want his wages off of the books, however is he willing to give up 15/20k a week?

My guess is not
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 24, 2017, 02:47:02 PM
Wouldn't mind a punt on Landry Dimata of Oostende seeing as it looks like we're sending Cyriac back to them. Basically a bigger and stronger version of Cyriac and aged 19 he's just scored 14 goals this season.
Have you wondered why the loaned Cyriac their proven striker and kept the 19 year old?

He is worth a punt but no more than a couple of million

Deeping_white

Quote from: westcliff white on May 24, 2017, 06:05:21 PM
Wouldn't mind a punt on Landry Dimata of Oostende seeing as it looks like we're sending Cyriac back to them. Basically a bigger and stronger version of Cyriac and aged 19 he's just scored 14 goals this season.
Have you wondered why the loaned Cyriac their proven striker and kept the 19 year old?

He's got good resale value if he has a half decent season due to his age so I'd be tempted to go to around £4-5mil, he's got the right physical attributes to make it in England, plus I think a coach like Slav could take his technical ability up a level.

westcliff white

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 24, 2017, 07:15:47 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 24, 2017, 06:05:21 PM

He's got good resale value if he has a half decent season due to his age so I'd be tempted to go to around £4-5mil, he's got the right physical attributes to make it in England, plus I think a coach like Slav could take his technical ability up a level.
big money for an unproven lad, especially when you consider FFP. Wouldn't mind I'm as the second striker bought, but, for me at least, we need to sign someone we know we can rely on.

Having said that I do believe we will go abroad for a striker, one we have never heard of who therefore will be unproven in this division

cmg

Well there's one thing Sen. Avila could add our present skillset.
No goalkeeper on earth saves this sort of penalty (however far they move from their line!)

Bloody hell! He can even take them like Berbatov:

AlexW132

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 24, 2017, 04:46:40 PM

THE PREMIER LEAGUE OUTCAST WHOSE FINAL CHANCE COULD BE AT FULHAM

Play-off heartbreak at the hands of Reading marked a disappointing end to the season for Fulham, who are now consigned to another season in the Sky Bet Championship.

Things could be about to get even worse for the Cottagers however, with Premier League clubs sniffing around a number of their prized assets.

Tom Cairney has been linked with a move to Newcastle, and teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon is reported to be attracting interest from Manchester United and Liverpool.

Both players will be difficult to replace, and 16 year old Sessegnon ability and potential will be a particular loss to the side from west London.

Born in the year 2000, the player struck 7 goals and recorded 3 assists from the left back berth in only 20 league and cup starts.

Replacing such a prestigious young talent will give manager Slavisa Jokanovic a real headache this summer.

One player who once showed the immense potential currently exhibited by Sessegnon never quite made the grade, but at the age of 24, still has time to reach the lofty heights he was once touted to achieve.

Zeki Fryers made his way through the Manchester United academy, before a contentious move to Tottenham via Standard Liege materialised.

A move to Crystal Palace followed, and loan moves to Rotherham and Ipswich failed to put the defender's career back on track.

At Fulham, perhaps Fryers could rediscover the form that made him such a hot prospect in Manchester during his teenage years.

The player is set to be released on a free transfer this summer, and Jokanovic may feel he has what it takes to finally draw the best from the player.

Giving the Englishman one final chance to prove himself is a low risk alternative to a big money swoop for a Sessegnon replacement, and this cost effective option may appeal to those in charge at Craven Cottage.

If the manager can get Fryers back on track, Fulham could have a real gem on their hands.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-premier-league-outcast-whose-final-chance-could-be-at-fulham/
Got a bit of attitude unfortunately.

Friendsoffulham

Fulham pip Feyenoord and agree pre-contract with exciting Panama ace Ricardo Avila

The Cottagers are hopeful of wrapping up a loan deal for KAA Gent man
BY MARK RITSON
14:11, 24 MAY 2017UPDATED14:27, 24 MAY 2017

Fulham hope to wrap up a deal for Panama international star Ricardo Avila for next season.

The midfielder, who plays for Belgian side KAA Gent, was spotted by Fulham officials in a tournament which included sides from France and the Netherlands.

He spoke to SomoLaSele.com about the move.

"I signed a pre-contract on Sunday, but nothing is official," said Avila.

aaronmcguigan

Do we have some sort of a staff discount at Gent or Belgian clubs? Seem to be shopping there a lot

westcliff white

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 25, 2017, 01:18:19 AM
Do we have some sort of a staff discount at Gent or Belgian clubs? Seem to be shopping there a lot
Arsenal, Everton and a few other prem clubs also scouting Belgium heavily these days.
Standard there has gone up, not far short of the Dutch league these days.

cmg

Quote from: westcliff white on May 25, 2017, 06:43:23 AM

Arsenal, Everton and a few other prem clubs also scouting Belgium heavily these days.

Yes, and we have done some decent shopping there ourselves.
But this bloke has never played in the Belgian league, has he? Gent announced his signing in mid-March - outside the window.
It seems strange that he is immediately shunted out on loan.

WhiteJC

Rangers reportedly would let Rob Kiernan leave for free - months after £2m Fulham interest

Fulham were reportedly willing to pay a decent sum to sign Rob Kiernan in January - but now Rangers will let him go for nothing.

There are two ways Fulham could react to the news that January target Rob Kiernan will be let go on a free by Rangers this summer, as reported by the Daily Record.

Either they could view making another move for the defender as nothing more than a no-brainer. Or, on the other hand, the fact that Rangers could farm him out for nothing could set off a few alarm bells.

After all, the Daily Mail reports that Fulham were happy to pay £2 million for his services at the turn of the year.

Freebie flop?

Kiernan had long been expected to leave Ibrox this summer, especially after he failed to make any sort of an impact once Pedro Caixinha arrived at the helm in March. The 26-year-old only featured once in the final two months of the season – albeit largely down to injury.

However, during the latter days of Mark Warburton's reign, Kiernan's performances left a lot to be desired. A dreadful 4-1 defeat to Hearts in February hardly convinced supporters that he was worth keeping around beyond the end of the season.

Therefore, despite the fact he has a year remaining on his contract at Ibrox, the cash-strapped club appear so desperate to get him off the books that they won't even ask for a transfer fee.

And this could certainly play into Fulham's hands, especially with loanee Tomas Kalas returning to Chelsea after an impressive campaign at Craven Cottage.

However, the fact that Fulham conceded 17 more goals than promoted duo Brighton and Newcastle United in 2016/17 means they may be a top class centre-back away from fighting for the top two next season.

And is Kiernan really the man to take them to the next level?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/24/rangers-reportedly-let-rob-kiernan-leave-for-free-months-after-2/

WhiteJC

The PL striker who would undoubtedly take Fulham to the next level.. But would he step down?

Fulham fans will be absolutely devastated with how their season has finished after a late surge of great form saw them reach the play-offs.

But their season ended in disappointing fashion as a well-drilled Reading side edged them out over two legs to book their place in the final against Huddersfield.

Fulham will be looking to keep their star men this summer, such as Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon, and manager Slavisa Jokanovic will be aiming to bring in a few top quality additions to take Fulham to the next level.

The Cottagers will be keen to get back into the Premier League and in order to achieve this, they need a top striker.

Chris Martin has been hit and miss during his loan spell from Derby and his attitude has certainly put Fulham off buying him permanently.

Therefore, Fulham should be looking at Troy Deeney.

Watford striker Troy Deeney is the club captain and a long and loyal servant to the club but his future is up in the air at the moment after he fell out of favour under Walter Mazzarri.

Watford are undergoing changes behind the scenes and are looking for a new manager so Deeney might look to escape that and view a fresh start.

The 28-year-old is a hardworking and passionate front man who knows where the goal is, especially at Championship level.

The Birmingham-born striker has been linked with West Brom, Leeds and Birmingham so there is no reason why Fulham should not also be in the running for his signature.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-pl-striker-who-would-undoubtedly-take-fulham-to-the-next-level-but-would-he-step-down/

FFC1987

Deeney would be incredible. I just can't see him coming to us sadly.

Woolly Mammoth

Logistically we are just down the road from Watford in comparison to other clubs, so he would not have to move house,  and by moving to Fulham with Jok as manager, would surely be a good career move for him away from the uncertainty surrounding Watford, especially as we could be taking their place in the EPL the following season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Timmy Abraham, younger brother of Tammy Abraham has joined Fulham after impressing in a trial.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: cmg on May 25, 2017, 07:18:18 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 25, 2017, 06:43:23 AM

Aren't standard already in Belgiums top league?? How can they go up?