watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OMalleyCat

Any more news on the £4m attacker mentioned yesterday?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

Spoke to my former colleague and he says the poundje deal is still alive, he is or has had the issues looked at re his Achilles and has been assured it's good and fit, he wears different style of boots with a different heel setup to help him. Another issue wa s that originally it was a deal for two p,ayes, so the fee for just one player needs to be sorted.

While it's still ongoing it is not near completion and there will probably be a further review by FFC on the new Achilles data. What's pushed this a little is our interest in Bennett, Bordeaux are anxious to move some players on and they are worried we may go elsewhere
Every day is a Fulham day

AlexW132

Quote from: westcliff white on August 14, 2017, 10:35:51 PM
Spoke to my former colleague and he says the poundje deal is still alive, he is or has had the issues looked at re his Achilles and has been assured it's good and fit, he wears different style of boots with a different heel setup to help him. Another issue wa s that originally it was a deal for two p,ayes, so the fee for just one player needs to be sorted.

While it's still ongoing it is not near completion and there will probably be a further review by FFC on the new Achilles data. What's pushed this a little is our interest in Bennett, Bordeaux are anxious to move some players on and they are worried we may go elsewhere
Are Bourdeaux in the red financially, is that why they're eager to asset strip? And also I'm assuming the other player in the original deal was Rolán.

westcliff white

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 14, 2017, 10:37:51 PM

Are Bourdeaux in the red financially, is that why they're eager to asset strip? And also I'm assuming the other player in the original deal was Rolán.
Not asked re their finaces, but they signed players to replace some of those they thought were leaving

Yes it was

No one like Leggat

Personally think we should forget Poundje and move quickly for Bennett if Cardiff are prepared to sell. Decent full back with solid championship experience against a guy struggling to overcome injury problems who would need time to adjust to the league. No brainer.

AlexW132

Quote from: No one like Leggat on August 14, 2017, 10:44:51 PM
Personally think we should forget Poundje and move quickly for Bennett if Cardiff are prepared to sell. Decent full back with solid championship experience against a guy struggling to overcome injury problems who would need time to adjust to the league. No brainer.
Well not necessarily no brainer, Poundjé might be a cut above Bennett you just don't know. Also Bennett got ruined by Fredericks in the FA Cup last year

westcliff white

Agree Bennett is probably the better option from an injury history perspective and the fact he has championship experince. Poundje for me is the better player though, as for championship experience served us well with Stearman, Pringle etc, doesn't always mean it will work out.

All transfers are a risk to a degree, I personally think either will do a decent job, also remember Fredericks used to have a lot of injury issues before coming to us and at the start with us

sarnian

From personal experience not sure about changes to boots and heel set up. I have problems with Achilles and Ankles and was given inserts to my footwear to alleviate the problem. At first I fell great but soon found that changing the way I walked and ran started playing havoc with my knees. Fixing one problem often leads to other related problems. He may be lucky but from what I was subsequently told about my injuries I personally would not sanction this transfer.

westcliff white

As I say that's what I've been told, as after his tendon issues he overcompensated leading to groin, thigh and calf issies, was tracked back to taupe of boot.

I couldn't tell you what's what as not a doctor but apparently it's quite common in achillies sufferers. Strained tendons are not a major problem, not like snapped etc, perfectly curable. Ryan giggs suffered with them early on in his career and then a lot of hamstring injuries as a result, they solved his hamstrings by changing his car quite bizzarely

If it's cheap worth a punt as uk based players are more expensive, we have cover if required if he does get injured anywayand if he doesn't he may turn out to be a gem

Woolly Mammoth

I would go for Joe Bennett, much much less of a risk, and he is already in the country so to speak, with plenty of experience in this League. We have signed too many injury prone players over the last few years, and it just leads to them sitting on the sidelines while the club pays their wages.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 14, 2017, 11:19:08 PM
I would go for Joe Bennett, much much less of a risk, and he is already in the country so to speak, with plenty of experience in this League. We have signed too many injury prone players over the last few years, and it just leads to them sitting on the sidelines while the club pays their wages.
Don't disagree. It we also signed some championship,players that turned out to be busts

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on August 14, 2017, 11:20:45 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 14, 2017, 11:19:08 PM
Don't disagree. It we also signed some championship,players that turned out to be busts

I think the lesson there is to keep away from busts and players carrying injuries. Which should leave us with the field to play, but I cannot see how penny pinching will result in a happy ending. 

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Championship experience is such a myth. Look at Wolves. 2 wins from 2 with a manger new to the league and a team of players new to the league...
The season when we signed players with championship experience we nearly went down.
STH H3

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: @jolslover on August 15, 2017, 12:27:54 AM
Championship experience is such a myth. Look at Wolves. 2 wins from 2 with a manger new to the league and a team of players new to the league...
The season when we signed players with championship experience we nearly went down.

It is a factor, but it's definitely one that's been overplayed. Wolves isn't a good example though, because half of the players they've signed wouldn't look out of place in the Champions League. Quality trumps all in that regard.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2017, 01:06:46 AM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 15, 2017, 12:34:40 AM

It is a factor, but it's definitely one that's been overplayed. Wolves isn't a good example though, because half of the players they've signed wouldn't look out of place in the Champions League. Quality trumps all in that regard.

Agree, a bit of measure please. As to wolves let's see how They do over 46 games rather than judging them after 2. Our 2 pts from 2 games means we're projected to finish about 21st, is that what we're all expecting?
Oh and the spine of our team is still championship players, button, Kalas, McDonald, Cairney, Aluko

You can still tell how well a team will do to a point based on how they've played in the early games, especially when considering who they've played. Wolves have played two teams that will be in and around the Top 6 at the end of the season (as we have) and got 6 Points from it. Of course they'll have a sticky patch, but so does everyone in the Championship. That's just the nature of the league.

And to point to the whole "Championship experience" argument, just look at Villa, who have pretty much bought a load of other Championship teams best player(s) and see where that's got them.

westcliff white

The Poundje deal still has a fair way to go and is probably more 30/70 than anything else, medical updates, possible revised medical with us, salary and fee all need to be discussed.

Potentially though we could get a player who is comparable (if fit hence why we have the above to do) to Bennett for no more than two thirds the cost (we all know U.K. based players usually cost more than those from abroad).

Hiwever my personal choice would be the lad from Bristol City if he is available but that's just my personal wish lisy

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 05:53:32 AM
The Poundje deal still has a fair way to go and is probably more 30/70 than anything else, medical updates, possible revised medical with us, salary and fee all need to be discussed.

Potentially though we could get a player who is comparable (if fit hence why we have the above to do) to Bennett for no more than two thirds the cost (we all know U.K. based players usually cost more than those from abroad).

Hiwever my personal choice would be the lad from Bristol City if he is available but that's just my personal wish lisy

Yes Joe Bryan I think his name is, he would be a decent addition, and he could bring Aden Flint with him.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: filham on August 14, 2017, 08:51:05 PM
From what is being said it sounds as if we are trying to sign a Sick Note who is not sure he really wants to play for us.

Come on Fulham lets not take silly risks in attempting to save a few pounds.

Correct...Tell him and his pal Rolan to p**s off Fulham.
Grow a pair for Christ sake,only sign players who want to be here.Hasn't the club learned from the Martin experience, he was someone who didn't want to be here.

Mince n Tatties

You and this silly argument you keep coming up with.
Them useless players were signed by Kit,we've moved on to a higher standard of Championship player,or can't you remember where we signed Mac and Malone from .. fp.gif
Your argument makes out as if your comparing Kit to Slava,do you think our current boss would sign Pringle and co.. Hilarious.