The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Arthur on August 14, 2017, 01:36:50 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on August 14, 2017, 01:27:39 PM
Dean Jones (@DeanJonesBR)
8/14/17, 8:20 AM
Fulham are looking to sign a new left-back and have identified Cardiff's Joe Bennett as a top target.

Would that be the Joe Bennett who was taken to the cleaners by Ryan Fredericks in our F.A. Cup tie last season?
indeed it would, but not many players have that kind of pace
Every day is a Fulham day

Deeping_white

Quote from: westcliff white on August 14, 2017, 01:42:45 PM
Quote from: Arthur on August 14, 2017, 01:36:50 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on August 14, 2017, 01:27:39 PM
Dean Jones (@DeanJonesBR)
8/14/17, 8:20 AM
Fulham are looking to sign a new left-back and have identified Cardiff's Joe Bennett as a top target.

Would that be the Joe Bennett who was taken to the cleaners by Ryan Fredericks in our F.A. Cup tie last season?
indeed it would, but not many players have that kind of pace

I'd much prefer another Joe, Bryan from Bristol City instead if we're looking at LB's from the Championship

TXWhite

Burton want Woodrow back on loan. Makes sense, given the rumours of an attacker joining. Anyone have any more info on who that could be?

@jolslover

#FulhamFC are in talks with #CardiffCity to sign their left-back Joe Bennett. --- Sky Sports Lyall
STH H3

mkras99

Lyall Thomas‏Verified account @SkySportsLyall  9m9 minutes ago
More
#FulhamFC are in talks with #CardiffCity to sign their left-back Joe Bennett. Full stories to come. #FFC #CCFC

No one like Leggat

Strange one Joe Bennett. Would Cardiff want to sell as he played in both their victories this season. Should also mention he apparently came off injured when they were 2-0 up against Villa.

Stillbelieve

Looking at Cardiff board sounds like they quite rate him and see us as a "backward" step  :022:

Keynsham

Quote from: Stillbelieve on August 14, 2017, 04:21:25 PM
Looking at Cardiff board sounds like they quite rate him and see us as a "backward" step  :022:

Its so strange that so many supporters have this view of Fulham with absolutely no means to back it up. 

I mean, what have Cardiff managed in the past twenty years, and how many times have they actually even finished above us?  They don't even get a bigger support than us, which is something that they may have edged historically.

I just do not understand it, it's baffling.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Keynsham on August 14, 2017, 04:24:25 PM

Its so strange that so many supporters have this view of Fulham with absolutely no means to back it up. 

I mean, what have Cardiff managed in the past twenty years, and how many times have they actually even finished above us?  They don't even get a bigger support than us, which is something that they may have edged historically.

Yes it is baffling, and surely the player himself should see he is far better off joining Fulham than staying there.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

f321ffc

They are a strange lot down there, can't believe this quote, "I like Bennett but we have a ready made replacement in Jazz Richards if worst comes to the worst and we do sell." 😂

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

mkras99

FL92Transfer‏ @FL92Transfer  13m13 minutes ago
More
Fulham have had a bid accepted for Cardiff City defender Joe Bennett #FulhamFC #FFC #CCFC

Arthur

Quote from: mkras99 on August 14, 2017, 05:08:55 PM
More
Fulham have had a bid accepted for Cardiff City defender Joe Bennett #FulhamFC #FFC #CCFC

Let's hope he turns out to be as much of a surprise package as was Scott Malone.

Bracken White

Yep, with Arthur here - if he's a patch on Scott Malone he'll be an asset.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Holders

Quote from: Keynsham on August 14, 2017, 04:24:25 PM

Well, they're one of the biggest two clubs in the country and we aren't. I mean, they're bigger than almost all the others - Wrexham, Newport County, Merthyr Tydfil, err..........
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HillingdonFFC

Seen all the 'why would he want to go to a smaller club' nonsense from Cardiff. A club ,who apart from a couple of seasons have been pony for the best part of 50 years.
And despite being a one club city & pulling them in from all over South Wales they're a club who take fewer fans to away fans than 'lil ol Fulham'
Big club my arse

filham

Quote from: Arthur on August 14, 2017, 05:17:25 PM
More

Let's hope he turns out to be as much of a surprise package as was Scott Malone.

It would be great if he is as good as Scott Malone but then if he was, and cost no more than ÂŁ4m, Huddersfield would have gone after him instead of Scott.

TXWhite

Quote from: filham on August 14, 2017, 06:05:20 PM
More

It would be great if he is as good as Scott Malone but then if he was, and cost no more than ÂŁ4m, Huddersfield would have gone after him instead of Scott.

Huddersfield would NEVER have signed the Cardiff version of Malone - Cardiff fans hated him! Though Bennett turning out to be as much of a gem as Malone is unlikely, it's still possible that he does well for us (if he signs).

Tabby

Quote from: TXWhite on August 14, 2017, 06:09:13 PM
Quote from: filham on August 14, 2017, 06:05:20 PM
More

Huddersfield would NEVER have signed the Cardiff version of Malone - Cardiff fans hated him! Though Bennett turning out to be as much of a gem as Malone is unlikely, it's still possible that he does well for us (if he signs).

This is very true. Cardiff fans were gloating that they got the far better end of the deal, and I certainly wasn't expecting much when he signed. I thought he'd be backup for Odoi on the left.

westcliff white

I am chasing up some info on Poundje my former colleague just text saying Bordeaux are sweating on us signing him
Every day is a Fulham day

TXWhite

Quote from: westcliff white on August 14, 2017, 07:06:53 PM
I am chasing up some info on Poundje my former colleague just text saying Bordeaux are sweating on us signing him

SSN saying we have agreed a deal with him. Wonder if the Bennett thing could've been a red herring?