https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: TXWhite on August 14, 2017, 07:11:43 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 14, 2017, 07:06:53 PM
I am chasing up some info on Poundje my former colleague just text saying Bordeaux are sweating on us signing him

SSN saying we have agreed a deal with him. Wonder if the Bennett thing could've been a red herring?
No we are in for him, that's why Bordeaux are panicking, I think we are giving them their own medicine after the way they also stalled the Rolan deal
Every day is a Fulham day

Tabby

The Sky Sports update:

FULHAM AGREE DEAL

Sky sources understand Fulham have agreed a deal with Bordeaux for defender Maxime Poundje.

We understand the Poundje deal has been agreed for some time but they have yet to convince the player to join Fulham.

As a result, Fulham are also trying to sign Joe Bennett from Cardiff.

The 24-year-old is a former France U19 youth international.

westcliff white

Quote from: Tabby on August 14, 2017, 07:13:59 PM
The Sky Sports update:

FULHAM AGREE DEAL

Sky sources understand Fulham have agreed a deal with Bordeaux for defender Maxime Poundje.

We understand the Poundje deal has been agreed for some time but they have yet to convince the player to join Fulham.

on my way home when did they put that up? will be calling my source when off the train

f321ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on August 14, 2017, 07:16:58 PM
The Sky Sports update:

FULHAM AGREE DEAL

on my way home when did they put that up? will be calling my source when off the train
A few minutes after your 7.06pm post, I recon they are following you and using your info. :)
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

sarnian

Quote from: f321ffc on August 14, 2017, 07:22:23 PM
The Sky Sports update:

FULHAM AGREE DEAL

A few minutes after your 7.06pm post, I recon they are following you and using your info. :)

Is he going to bring his own crutches. Only played 33 games since 2012.  096.gig

westcliff white

Quote from: sarnian on August 14, 2017, 07:28:51 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on August 14, 2017, 07:22:23 PM
The Sky Sports update:

FULHAM AGREE DEAL

Is he going to bring his own crutches. Only played 33 games since 2012.  096.gig
that was one of the issues, however he us a decent left back.

charliejones141

From what my source has told me is that Poundje had a medical weeks ago and failed it and we are going back in for him now he has recovered from injury

westcliff white

Quote from: charliejones141 on August 14, 2017, 07:32:22 PM
From what my source has told me is that Poundje had a medical weeks ago and failed it and we are going back in for him now he has recovered from injury
I said that maybe 4 weeks ago, saying there were issues needed to sort out fitness wise

sarnian

WW. He may be good but if only fit for 6 games per season is he really worth the risk. I would not even recommend Messi if it was for that few games.

Logicalman

The Sky Sports update:

FULHAM AGREE DEAL

Not saying it's not likely, or even not true, but Sky are as about as certain as everyone on this board it seems. Crap journo's at Sky reign supreme as ever.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Tabby

Yeah, not putting a lot of stock in it, just thought I'd post it so we all know what the sky thing was about.

westcliff white

Quote from: sarnian on August 14, 2017, 07:43:07 PM
WW. He may be good but if only fit for 6 games per season is he really worth the risk. I would not even recommend Messi if it was for that few games.
have you researched what happened? had a strained Achilles, nothing major kept him out 6 weeks, he came back and as is the case when over compensating he strained his calf then thigh which is a common thing to happen, Then strained his Achilles again, came back and has been ok since then. As I understand we want him to get that looked at just to make sure, the strain was down too his boots apparently, needed to have the heel padded a bit more and slightly adjusted or so I am told

I am not saying to sign him, just saying he is a decent player if that history is gone, guess that's why Fulham wanted him to have it looked at

charliejones141

Quote from: westcliff white on August 14, 2017, 07:36:37 PM
I said that maybe 4 weeks ago, saying there were issues needed to sort out fitness wise
Yeah I knew about the medical weeks ago didn't know we were going back in for him until today.

westcliff white

Quote from: charliejones141 on August 14, 2017, 07:50:51 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 14, 2017, 07:36:37 PM
Yeah I knew about the medical weeks ago didn't know we were going back in for him until today.
we have never been out from him, your source as I have said before lets you down this is old news from myself 4-5 weeks ago. Not having a pop but this is why some have a go at you

Deuce

Having a injury prone left back might not be too bad as it means Ryan will just be given more playing time. If Poundje is injury prone, might not be, and as long as he wont cost us a fortune in fee and wages then it might not be such a bad thing after all.

westcliff white

Quote from: Deuce on August 14, 2017, 08:03:22 PM
Having a injury prone left back might not be too bad as it means Ryan will just be given more playing time. If Poundje is injury prone, might not be, and as long as he wont cost us a fortune in fee and wages then it might not be such a bad thing after all.
he has struggled for a couple of years but if it is over then he will be (in my opinion) a good addition to the squad. But as I have said previously if the are behind him, his failure in the medical was really because we wanted him to have it all looked at to make sure he was ok. He didn't fail due to jumpers knee or anything like that lol

grandad

When Fredericks joined he couldn´t do 90 mins without being injured. No sign now of any problems. Good physios & training programme make a lot of difference.
Where there's a will there's a wife

wheelerdeeler

If we could keep him fit Poundje would be top drawer. He'd probably be cheaper than Bennett as well considering how important they are to their respective clubs.

filham

From what is being said it sounds as if we are trying to sign a Sick Note who is not sure he really wants to play for us.

Come on Fulham lets not take silly risks in attempting to save a few pounds.