more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 23, 2017, 11:12:45 PM
West Brom 8 million bid for Chris Smalling,maybe we should try buy him back?

He is one year younger than our maximum age limit. So he stands a chance.
He may fail Stat boys entrance exam.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Now, these numbers does seem a bit thin in my mind. But the club usually do a pretty good job of keeping things quiet (I dont remember reading about Djalo before it was more or less wrapped up?). Hopefully this is the case for this week as well.

Djalo news was everywhere, GWL was all over it and there's about 10 pages of rumours of him before signing. Mainly about him signing against the will of Slav, and being signed just for u23 team. Same with Cisse rumours although not as much however those rumours started in January.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-looking-add-lugo-defender-13236554

aaronmcguigan

If ever we needed a lesson in being patient in search terms of quality over quantity.... on this day in 2014, we signed both Adil Chihi and Thomas Eisfeld

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 23, 2017, 11:23:30 PM
If ever we needed a lesson in being patient in search terms of quality over quantity.... on this day in 2014, we signed both Adil Chihi and Thomas Eisfeld

Don't worry me

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 23, 2017, 11:21:33 PM
Now, these numbers does seem a bit thin in my mind. But the club usually do a pretty good job of keeping things quiet (I dont remember reading about Djalo before it was more or less wrapped up?). Hopefully this is the case for this week as well.

Djalo news was everywhere, GWL was all over it and there's about 10 pages of rumours of him before signing. Mainly about him signing against the will of Slav, and being signed just for u23 team. Same with Cisse rumours although not as much however those rumours started in January.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-looking-add-lugo-defender-13236554

It was also all over the Sunday Morning Surrey Amateur Football League Journals, Broadsheets and Tabloids.
The undisclosed fee was two Sheep and a Goat.

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on July 23, 2017, 10:41:24 PM
I predict Ojo & Kalas to arrive on loan this week. Rolan to be a surprise arrival
Not sure he will be coming to us but he'll need to find somewhere sooner rather than later because Bordeaux have made it clear he's not wanted and will be running out of locker space

Sky announcement from yesterday :-

WELLINGTON TO SIGN FOR BORDEAUX
Arsenal flop Wellington Silva will be given another chance to impress for Ligue 1 side Bordeaux.
Bordeaux have announced a deal for Brazilian forward Wellington who will join the Ligue 1 club from Fluminense subject to a medical.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Roberty

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 23, 2017, 11:33:44 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on July 23, 2017, 11:21:33 PM

It was also all over the Sunday Morning Surrey Amateur Football League Journals, Broadsheets and Tabloids.
The undisclosed fee was two Sheep and a Goat.

Pity a fox got the MP chickens - we could have thrown in a box of eggs
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Mince n Tatties

Well start of another transfer week today,I wonder who else we will be rumoured with and get nowhere near to signing... 049:gif

bill taylors apprentice

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

PokerMatt

I'm starting to believe it might be possible that we'll start the season with the current squad. It genuinely could happen. This week is absolutely huge.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mince n Tatties

Cameron Jerome on his way to Fulham according to the radio.
That Norwich fan saying medical today might not be that wide of the mark.

Woolly Mammoth

I can see us signing 3 maybe even 4 players before the big Ko. If not certainly by the end of the window.
Because basically the club has to, it's as simple as that.

Never forget your Roots.

Deuce

So, Mirror is reporting that we've launched a £3 mil bid for Jerome. Speak of the devil...

PokerMatt

I'd be ok with Jerome for £3m. I'm not sure we'd be looking at promotion if he was the only striker we bought, however.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Deuce on July 24, 2017, 09:07:58 AM
So, Mirror is reporting that we've launched a £3 mil bid for Jerome. Speak of the devil...

Maybe the radio just picked up on that,also apparently set to bid for Championship centre back,wonder who that is,not Kalas he premier....The plot thickens.

fulhamben

I didn't think we were signing old players like Jerome anymore, has desperation set in early this season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2017, 09:14:01 AM
I didn't think we were signing old players like Jerome anymore, has desperation set in early this season

Clearly that 'under 28s only thing' was rubbish, as most people suspected.

fulhamben

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 24, 2017, 09:14:58 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2017, 09:14:01 AM

Clearly that 'under 28s only thing' was rubbish, as most people suspected.
shame, it was a good policy imo. It's worked well for arsenal over the years, albeit with a slightly higher age limit
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SuffolkWhite

Jerome would do a job but still would need another striker, our midfield creates chances and last season we did not have a forward of note to get in the 6 yard box to finish.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"