watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Forum

Started by JoelH5, May 07, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

A fresh start next game as this one has been played and to early to start crowing,yet.

Patrick

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 07, 2017, 03:36:56 PM
Don't like at this pettiness. We beat a weakened Wednesday side who also went down to ten men. We had a lot of possession first half but did little with it. Started the second half very bright and should have been at least one up if not more before we scored. That didn't happen and when they had the ball they looked good imo. Not great but neither did we. Thought Odoi was pretty poor at right back. Didn't take his man on and crosses we're poor. Fredericks looked sharp and if he had played from the start it could have been more comfortable. I'm confident we can beat anyone but let's not be arrogant. We could also lose to anyone.

Exactly..100% correct....lets not forget our performances against Birmingham twice/QPR...disgraceful........and then our 2 wins against Newcastle...fantastic......the play-offs can throw up anything.....

Lighthouse

Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvahal:

"I am happy with the way they fought at the end. This game was not important in the score line, it was important to give my players time ahead of the play-offs.

"It is our priority to try and protect players in terms of injuries and red cards for the play-offs - that is a priority. I would be a very stupid person to lose three or four players in a game that doesn't matter and not have them for the play-off semi-final.

"We will be ready, we had a fantastic season, we achieved with a good set of results - this is most important to us and now we are ready."

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic:

"We won the game, we finished the regular season very well. I must be satisfied.

"I am satisfied with the result and because no-one is injured after the game so we have a clear situation in front of us.

"We have a tough game against Reading. They are the favourites - they finished behind the two automatically promoted teams."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Let's face it, SW put out a 'second' team in all but name, and some of the tackling was harsh, to say the least (ergo the red card by example), but the bottom line is we came away with the three points and a slight psychological advantage going into the playoffs.
SW have to be confident facing a Huddersfield side sans their first keeper, and with their players rested, they are in with a good shout, especially having done the double over them 1-0 (A) & 2-0 (H).

If, by what some people are saying, the Owls fans are consoling themselves with the fact they made 10 changes and had a red card, and that's why we took the 3 points, then so be it, should we care at all? Should we care enough to bother getting nasty about it? Nope.

Lets celebrate a good win, a fantastic run-in to the play-offs, and the fact that we are not the outsiders some might have expected us to be.

Good job Slav and the lads, not just for today, but for your persistence, play, and courage over the season.
049:gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 07, 2017, 03:55:02 PM
Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvahal:

"I am happy with the way they fought at the end. This game was not important in the score line, it was important to give my players time ahead of the play-offs.

"It is our priority to try and protect players in terms of injuries and red cards for the play-offs - that is a priority. I would be a very stupid person to lose three or four players in a game that doesn't matter and not have them for the play-off semi-final.

"We will be ready, we had a fantastic season, we achieved with a good set of results - this is most important to us and now we are ready."

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic:

"We won the game, we finished the regular season very well. I must be satisfied.

"I am satisfied with the result and because no-one is injured after the game so we have a clear situation in front of us.

"We have a tough game against Reading. They are the favourites - they finished behind the two automatically promoted teams."

Different perspectives here:
Slav was worried about injuries, but what was Carvahal worried about with his " to lose three or four players in a game that doesn't matter" comment? Perhaps he and Slav were talking about the same thing?  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MaidenheadMick

Don't think Wednesday wanted third place so as to avoid us, hence Carvahal making ten changes. They were never a threat. As the bloke on Sky so eloquently put it "Fulham are passing them to pieces". We made four changes so all in all a good day at the office.

Grumpy Worthing White

Well next Sunday I shall be a Huddersfield supporter for a couple of hours. I would just love it if they put one or two or three over the Owls.  092.gif  092.gif  092.gif

Burt

I am hoping to meet the Owls in the final. One of my oldest friends is an Owls fan and it would be magic if we could both walk up Wembley Way.

The only downside to this is that I would much rather face Huddersfield than Wednesday... I personally think the Owls are the strongest team in the playoffs.

Twig

Quote from: Grumpy Worthing White on May 07, 2017, 04:08:27 PM
Well next Sunday I shall be a Huddersfield supporter for a couple of hours. I would just love it if they put one or two or three over the Owls.  092.gif  092.gif  092.gif

True but given the form Huddersfield are in I don't think that is likely.

Twig

Don't like at this pettiness. We beat a weakened Wednesday side who also went down to ten men. We had a lot of possession first half but did little with it. Started the second half very bright and should have been at least one up if not more before we scored. That didn't happen and when they had the ball they looked good imo. Not great but neither did we. Thought Odoi was pretty poor at right back. Didn't take his man on and crosses we're poor. Fredericks looked sharp and if he had played from the start it could have been more comfortable. I'm confident we can beat anyone but let's not be arrogant. We could also lose to anyone.

Completely agree.  We have a great season, especially the second half but after all our woes over the past few seasons we could do well to show a little humility. 

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Twig on May 07, 2017, 04:17:32 PM

Completely agree.  We have a great season, especially the second half but after all our woes over the past few seasons we could do well to show a little humility.

I second and third that emotion. My brother in law, a Leeds stalwart, texted me earlier with the in tears and distraught emoji and 'We blew it' in big and bold. True enough we had to win and keep winning but their implosion helped nail top six. A touch of humility would be reasonable but I doubt we will see it.

1wednesday

Hi Fulham peeps

Anyone that thinks today's result means anything need to hav a goodlook at themselves.

It means nothing! Yes we would like to have Seen our team win as we always do but we can see there was nothing on the game for us other than getting returning injured players and those who have not been featuring some game time.

Our back four have never played together so no surprise you created so many chances  2nd Half against the 10 men.but like I said meens nothing.

You learned nothing about us today as that is not our first 11.

It's a fresh start now for all the teams and only time will tell who got the gesturing

Burt

Very true... Blank slate and all that. And on their day any of the 4 teams are more than a match for the other.

1wednesday

Quote from: 1wednesday on May 07, 2017, 04:37:55 PM
Hi Fulham peeps

Anyone that thinks today's result means anything need to hav a goodlook at themselves.

It means nothing! Yes we would like to have Seen our team win as we always do but we can see there was nothing on the game for us other than getting returning injured players and those who have not been featuring some game time.

Our back four have never played together so no surprise you created so many chances  2nd Half against the 10 men.but like I said meens nothing.

You learned nothing about us today as that is not our first 11.

It's a fresh start now for all the teams and only time will tell who got the gesturing
Right!

londonowl

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 07, 2017, 03:30:28 PM
Once again, I'd like to collectively remind you all, to keep within the guidelines of this forum. If another thread spirals out of control, because you can't sensibly discuss anything Sheff Weds related, then those responsible, will be banned from forum.

I had hoped that coming here, I could add to the discussion. I would like to think that I have made well reasoned posts without resorting to digs at Fulham for any reason.

I am not saying Wednesday fans on here are without fault, certainly there are some who have come here on the wind up. Perhaps if you put yourself on another fans forum, it should be expected that you be met with derision at your every post but it's a shame because there is good conversation to be had between opposing fans with differing perspectives. Just not here.

I try to respond to posts on forums based on their merit as opposed to basing them on who posts them. Half (only half?) the posts on Owlstalk are utter guff as well.

I think at this point, all Owls should excuse themselves from the forum and leave you to it, it's your forum after all and obviously most here would prefer it to be a closed shop which is fine, if not a bit of a shame.

As promised, I will be at your game on Saturday. Hopefully me and the kids won't have to sit next to guy who told us we were asking for trouble! As always, I shall be at 5 or 6 of your games next season, regardless of what division you are in and doubtless I will continue to enjoy a much better welcome at Craven Cottage than I have here.

londonowl

Quote from: londonowl on May 07, 2017, 05:05:35 PM
Once again, I'd like to collectively remind you all, to keep within the guidelines of this forum. If another thread spirals out of control, because you can't sensibly discuss anything Sheff Weds related, then those responsible, will be banned from forum.

I had hoped that coming here, I could add to the discussion. I would like to think that I have made well reasoned posts without resorting to digs at Fulham for any reason.

I am not saying Wednesday fans on here are without fault, certainly there are some who have come here on the wind up. Perhaps if you put yourself on another fans forum, it should be expected that you be met with derision at your every post but it's a shame because there is good conversation to be had between opposing fans with differing perspectives. Just not here.

I try to respond to posts on forums based on their merit as opposed to basing them on who posts them. Half (only half?) the posts on Owlstalk are utter guff as well.

I think at this point, all Owls should excuse themselves from the forum and leave you to it, it's your forum after all and obviously most here would prefer it to be a closed shop which is fine, if not a bit of a shame.

As promised, I will be at your game on Saturday. Hopefully me and the kids won't have to sit next to the guy who told us we were asking for trouble if we were sitting near him! As always, I shall be at 5 or 6 of your games next season, regardless of what division you are in and doubtless I will continue to enjoy a much better welcome at Craven Cottage than I have here.

Burt

As promised, I will be at your game on Saturday. Hopefully me and the kids won't have to sit next to guy who told us we were asking for trouble! As always, I shall be at 5 or 6 of your games next season, regardless of what division you are in and doubtless I will continue to enjoy a much better welcome at Craven Cottage than I have here.

The comment about keeping things sensible and on-topic wasn't directed at you, it was a general comment...

Feel free to stick around. So long as the debate is one about football etc. then all is good :)

mrmicawbers

I think we learnt that your lot didn't fancy us in the semi final whatever your manager says.Hope Huddersfield get there day out at Wembley,you had yours last year and blew it.

londonowl

Quote from: Burt on May 07, 2017, 05:08:58 PM

The comment about keeping things sensible and on-topic wasn't directed at you, it was a general comment...

Feel free to stick around. So long as the debate is one about football etc. then all is good :)

Thanks, I wasn't actually directing my post at the moderators. I know that I was not one of the antagonisers. It was more a general post about the way each of these conversations has gone.

VisitingOwl99

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 07, 2017, 05:09:19 PM
I think we learnt that your lot didn't fancy us in the semi final whatever your manager says.Hope Huddersfield get there day out at Wembley,you had yours last year and blew it.

Our team selection had nothing to do with 'avoiding' anyone. We've had some pretty bad injury issues this season, and now we look to have all but one of them back, for me it made sense to leave them out. We did the same last year and then beat Brighton in the semis.

There's no reason for SWFC to fear or want to avoid anyone. Like our gaffer said, if we want to go up we have to be the best team. If we lose to someone, or wanted to avoid anyone, then we weren't deservingly of going up, simple as that.

I personally think there's nothing between any of the teams, and it's going to go down to a few key moments. Nerves!