https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Forum

Started by JoelH5, May 07, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Absolutely hilarious hahaah..

Here are some excerpts for your amusement;

Game time for Hutch. The team in the worst form up next with a suspended goalie. Fulham scrape past our reserves. Best final placing since relegation.
job done in every respect.

Couldn't give the slightest throw about losing that game today

Well done boys...
Congratulations Fulham on beating 10 men and our squad players so comprehensively..

Why so bitter? Lol
I was there, standing in the Putney end

NJFulham

Lighthouse

Well the Wednesday fans have to put a brighter spin on it. We would do the same. You can't expect them to say that they were outplayed and resorted to fouls including the nasty, needless foul that caused the sending off. The fact that we continue the form (along with the poor finishing) while Wednesday resorting to the reserves could well have made the form stutter.

Play offs are here, past results mean nothing. But Wednesday finish on a defeat. That is the fact of the matter.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Slaphead in Qatar

Owl was on the match day thread today making similar comments. They seem overly confident for the play offs - don't they realise anything can happen.

Really hope they get a no nonsense referree for their play off games.

JoelH5

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 07, 2017, 02:33:39 PM
Owl was on the match day thread today making similar comments. They seem overly confident for the play offs - don't they realise anything can happen.

Sure they will. The referees know how much they will be scrutinised for wrong decisions in the playoffs. I don't think they'll let much go.

Fulham 442

To be fair to the Wednesday fans I would rather play Huddersfield!!  Still we have finished on a win, which has got to be good psychologically.

londonowl

I think you have complet my

I think you have completely missed the point here. Almost all Wednesday fans know that Fulham are a decent side and that the play offs will be incredibly tight amongst all 4 teams. It's the general attitude here that you are way better than the rest of us which we are finding a little odd.

As far as not realising anything can happen in the play offs, I think anyone who watched us beat a much much better Brighton side in last years semi against all odds and then somehow withstand the biggest onslaught I ever have seen in a football match from them in the second leg is fully aware that anything can happen.

The overriding point of the Wednesday fans is that last year, Brighton, Hull and to some extent Derby were some distance ahead of us and we went into play offs as massive underdogs but this year, we are a match for all of the other 3 teams.

I don't think anything the OP picked out from the Wednesday forum was an unreasonable comment by us.

Long and short of it, we respect you as a team but don't understand this sense many of you seem to have of being better than  the rest of us.

Denver Fulham

Both Wednesday and Fulham got what they wanted from today's match. Not much more in it.

JoelH5

Quote from: londonowl on May 07, 2017, 02:50:30 PM
I think you have complet my

I think you have completely missed the point here. Almost all Wednesday fans know that Fulham are a decent side and that the play offs will be incredibly tight amongst all 4 teams. It's the general attitude here that you are way better than the rest of us which we are finding a little odd.

As far as not realising anything can happen in the play offs, I think anyone who watched us beat a much much better Brighton side in last years semi against all odds and then somehow withstand the biggest onslaught I ever have seen in a football match from them in the second leg is fully aware that anything can happen.

The overriding point of the Wednesday fans is that last year, Brighton, Hull and to some extent Derby were some distance ahead of us and we went into play offs as massive underdogs but this year, we are a match for all of the other 3 teams.

I don't think anything the OP picked out from the Wednesday forum was an unreasonable comment by us.

Long and short of it, we respect you as a team but don't understand this sense many of you seem to have of being better than  the rest of us.

Come on mate.. I don't think we're the better team. I know it!! ;)

Congratulations on a good season. You've played well. Hopefully that comes to an end now though ;)

Fulham 442

Londonowl I thought you weren't going to post on here again but you just can't seem to stay away!

londonowl

That would be the "Where's Londonowl when you need him" post in the match day thread like I had disappeared in shame or embarrassment.

ChesterTheTabby

Owl fans are responding like an animal in it's death throws, lashing out anything and everything in order to preserve their survival. They are no longer as confident as they were, and being dumped out of the playoffs is now a very real threat if we meet them at Wembley in the final (if we are so lucky!) by Fulham. Onwards and Upwards!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Patrick

I have a sneaky feeling that Huddersfield can do a number on Wednesday......which would be great for us....

londonowl

Quote from: Patrick on May 07, 2017, 03:12:13 PM
I have a sneaky feeling that Huddersfield can do a number on Wednesday......which would be great for us....

Won't make any difference to you, we are s**t anyway so you would walk all over us in the final.

FriendlyOwl

Quote from: maoconnor on May 07, 2017, 03:08:35 PM
Owl fans are responding like an animal in it's death throws, lashing out anything and everything in order to preserve their survival. They are no longer as confident as they were, and being dumped out of the playoffs is now a very real threat if we meet them at Wembley in the final (if we are so lucky!) by Fulham. Onwards and Upwards!

This is the sort of comment that usually results in an eggy faced situation!

Your performance surprised me today considering the strong team you fielded.

Friendsoffulham

Once again, I'd like to collectively remind you all, to keep within the guidelines of this forum. If another thread spirals out of control, because you can't sensibly discuss anything Sheff Weds related, then those responsible, will be banned from forum.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: FriendlyOwl on May 07, 2017, 03:25:09 PM

HAH! Coming from you!? Look at your own forum(s) and see how littered they are with comments like mine. Eggy faced situations go both ways my friend, be wary of your arrogance.. the same arrogance you claim is unique to Fulham at the moment.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Jonaldiniho 88

Don't like at this pettiness. We beat a weakened Wednesday side who also went down to ten men. We had a lot of possession first half but did little with it. Started the second half very bright and should have been at least one up if not more before we scored. That didn't happen and when they had the ball they looked good imo. Not great but neither did we. Thought Odoi was pretty poor at right back. Didn't take his man on and crosses we're poor. Fredericks looked sharp and if he had played from the start it could have been more comfortable. I'm confident we can beat anyone but let's not be arrogant. We could also lose to anyone.

grandad

Quote from: FriendlyOwl on May 07, 2017, 03:25:09 PM

We also fielded squad players, plus we had the disadvantage of playing Martin. Just get over the fact that we outplayed you in every aspect of the game.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

It really doesn't matter a jot that Wednesday played a weaker team. Or that we didn't win more easily. There was nothing on the game for either team. The facts are there for all to see. The pretense of fans that it is ok to name a reserve side and get beaten is nonsense.

In all clubs you get the over confident and the nervous fans. But the facts are there that we made changes but treated the game as a continuation of our season. Wednesday named a reserve side including a striker that cost a fair bit of dosh and was marked well by our defenders. They lost and had a man sent off for a dirty petulant foul from behind and we dominated the game.

None of this means bugger all for the play offs. What it does do is show the mind set of the managers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope