https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Forum

Started by JoelH5, May 07, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

Quote from: VisitingOwl99 on May 07, 2017, 05:37:30 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 07, 2017, 05:09:19 PM
I think we learnt that your lot didn't fancy us in the semi final whatever your manager says.Hope Huddersfield get there day out at Wembley,you had yours last year and blew it.

Our team selection had nothing to do with 'avoiding' anyone. We've had some pretty bad injury issues this season, and now we look to have all but one of them back, for me it made sense to leave them out. We did the same last year and then beat Brighton in the semis.

There's no reason for SWFC to fear or want to avoid anyone. Like our gaffer said, if we want to go up we have to be the best team. If we lose to someone, or wanted to avoid anyone, then we weren't deservingly of going up, simple as that.

I personally think there's nothing between any of the teams, and it's going to go down to a few key moments. Nerves!

SW had every reason to want to avoid Fulham in the semis. You don't have to apologize for it. We didn't want SW in the semis if we could avoid it. If we meet at Wembley, so be it, then you have to win one match against a good side.

davew

Quote from: londonowl on May 07, 2017, 03:06:54 PM
That would be the "Where's Londonowl when you need him" post in the match day thread like I had disappeared in shame or embarrassment.
If you infiltrate on another teams forum, though accepted not using any disguise, you must be prepared to take some flak!! I have to and I am a lifelong (over 60 years) FFC supporter! My comment was a joke earlier by the way.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

londonowl

Quote from: davew on May 07, 2017, 06:49:16 PM
Quote from: londonowl on May 07, 2017, 03:06:54 PM
That would be the "Where's Londonowl when you need him" post in the match day thread like I had disappeared in shame or embarrassment.
If you infiltrate on another teams forum, though accepted not using any disguise, you must be prepared to take some flak!! I have to and I am a lifelong (over 60 years) FFC supporter! My comment was a joke earlier by the way.

And I have no problem with that. Was just responding to the question of why I broke my self imposed exile (which lasted about 12 hours). You should know though, I am currently in the middle of another one so please don't direct any further comments at me because I can't help myself and feel obliged to reply!!

Lighthouse

What is irritating is having Wednesday fans tell us that Fulham fans are over confident and that today means nothing. Yet are happy to imply we didn't play as well as they expected. Well we won in a game that meant as little to us as it did them. But we played more first team players. The argument could be put forward that the reserves should be putting in more of an effort as they have something to prove. Our players really didn't need to prove anything. Needless to say some  fans on forums will always be cocky and confident. Try reading the Wednesday Forums.

Both clubs deserve credit for getting into the play offs. Wednesday have been there before and so were able to build on last season. It could have gone another way but it didn't so they are to be congratulated. Fulham came from nowhere and didn't have a forward worthy of the name and had a great run to reach the play offs. The past means nothing, we get it. Today means nothing, we get it. But if you don't expect some biased, positive posturing on forums then you will be disappointed.

We are the outsiders and are happy with that. After all nobody expected us to be in the play offs but they did expect Wednesday to be there.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

londonowl

Actually, you are the favourites.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: londonowl on May 07, 2017, 07:12:49 PM
All the pressure is on S W after blowing it last year and after overspending this year FFP will come into play should you blow it again.

Southcoastffc

I think there's a fair chance that we will beat Reading.  I hope that Huddersfield will beat Sheff W and I think there's a fair chance that we would beat Huddersfield.  I do not want to face Sheff W because they are, on the evidence of 2 games us this season, an ugly (in the footballing sense) team who are unduly physical and play an unattractive, cynical game.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

londonowl

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 07, 2017, 07:30:45 PM
Quote from: londonowl on May 07, 2017, 07:12:49 PM
All the pressure is on S W after blowing it last year and after overspending this year FFP will come into play should you blow it again.

We don't have any FFP issues.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 07, 2017, 07:36:15 PM
I think there's a fair chance that we will beat Reading.  I hope that Huddersfield will beat Sheff W and I think there's a fair chance that we would beat Huddersfield.  I do not want to face Sheff W because they are, on the evidence of 2 games us this season, an ugly (in the footballing sense) team who are unduly physical and play an unattractive, cynical game.
Let's hope we get some decent Referee's in the Semi's & Final (fingers crossed).  Quality 'Passing & footballing' sides should not be punished for playing their style by a team who think kicking lumps out of the opposition constitutes 'Football'. 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

dannyboi-ffc

Even if Wednesday had played their first team, I still wouldn't be getting carried away with the result. In many ways it was a friendly, hoping for no injuries, suspensions and giving players on the fringes a good run out.

Sure the win gives us a good boost, not psychologically over them because the players that matter didn't lose to us today, it's just a nice feeling to go into the playoffs with another win.

Both teams will be happy to avoid eachother. Both teams should respect that they are both good sides. I personally don't like Wednesday from my few experiences with their fans and looking at their forums but they probably think the same of us and our forums.

It's gonna be an exciting battle! And yes, I hope Huddersfield batter you. I'd much rather play them at Wembley because I think it would be 2 friendly clubs having a great day out at Wembley together plus the little incentive that you are better than them!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

EastEndWhite

Doesn't matter if it's Huddersfield or Wednesday we meet in the final.  We have no need to fear either.

Forever Fulham

Facts are stubborn things.  We are the team that scores lots of goals.  From a large number of different players.  We had trouble in our back line earlier in the season, but we've straightened that out big time.  We play an exciting style of football.  Eye-catching.  Chancy.  With slick possession and passing, and (recently) tenacious aggressive defending to recapture possession.  We don't play dirty.  But we aren't softies either.  We have a quality manager.   But it's a funny old game, and you never know when in spite of all those goals and quality play trending, we could hit an inexplicable dry spot, where the goals don't come.  It could happen to us.  It could happen to Wednesday.  So we aren't over confident.  We aren't crowing or boasting.  We came from near the bottom.  We reinvented ourselves, and here we are.  The bookies have us as favourites because of the greater likelihood we shall prevail over three games.  Not a guarantee.  I had a supervisor once who used to say, "Trust your hopes and not your fears."  I'm trying to do that now, but I'll be chewing my fingernails just the same.   Go Fulham. 

VisitingOwl

Interesting that you see us a cynical , physical side when we've been complaining for nearly 2 years that we're easily bullied and not savvy enough on the gamesmanship front.
In many ways your actually giving our manager praise for something even his own fans aren't giving him any real credit for lol.
Really like our chances of getting to the final, could have been a stacked Derby,Norwich,Villa side in there instead.
With the focus on both our sides and Huddersfields shock achievement i think Reading have been under the radar a bit and with Kermorgant they could end up ruining it for both of our teams.
You probably are seen as a soft southern fancy dan side by some although I don't really get that as i've always lived in Northampton so can't say much lol.
Yesterdays result really meant nothing as we knew we had Huddersfield first minus 1st choice keeper and we got to use a reserve side.Perfect really.
After all the hype between us it'll probably be a Huddersfield vs Reading final.

cookieg

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 07, 2017, 08:08:14 PM
Even if Wednesday had played their first team, I still wouldn't be getting carried away with the result. In many ways it was a friendly, hoping for no injuries, suspensions and giving players on the fringes a good run out.

Sure the win gives us a good boost, not psychologically over them because the players that matter didn't lose to us today, it's just a nice feeling to go into the playoffs with another win.

Both teams will be happy to avoid eachother. Both teams should respect that they are both good sides. I personally don't like Wednesday from my few experiences with their fans and looking at their forums but they probably think the same of us and our forums.

It's gonna be an exciting battle! And yes, I hope Huddersfield batter you. I'd much rather play them at Wembley because I think it would be 2 friendly clubs having a great day out at Wembley together plus the little incentive that you are better than them!

This was a no win situation for Fulham. We lose and we get "beaten by our reserves" thrown at us, we win and it's "we rested players" as we have seen from comments above.

Well I'm glad we won, wish we could have scored a few more and if that's Wednesday's 2nd XI they are placing a lot on their 1st XI not to get injured or suspended.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: cookieg on May 08, 2017, 12:35:27 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 07, 2017, 08:08:14 PM

This was a no win situation for Fulham. We lose and we get "beaten by our reserves" thrown at us, we win and it's "we rested players" as we have seen from comments above.

Well I'm glad we won, wish we could have scored a few more and if that's Wednesday's 2nd XI they are placing a lot on their 1st XI not to get injured or suspended.

It was definitely a no win situation with regards to the excuses from Wednesday fans. But Fulham should be happy we won and not read too much into the fact we beat Wednesday because it's too close to the end for us to start tempting fate or being over confident.

I don't have a problem with these Wednesday fans on our forum. It shouldn't be hard to have a bit of banter and get an opinion from the other camp without it turning silly.

We feel the media are bigging us up finally because we are the best team. They clearly feel they are the best and there appears to be a bit of envy there. Either way I think most will be surprised if it isn't one of the two joining Newcastle and Brighton.

And if we do face them at Wembley then it'll be a tough game. I just don't see how you stop the way we play on a pitch that big. I think they were better equipped to beat us over 2 legs so I'm glad we avoided them.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

Quote from: VisitingOwl on May 08, 2017, 05:34:40 AM
Interesting that you see us a cynical , physical side when we've been complaining for nearly 2 years that we're easily bullied and not savvy enough on the gamesmanship front.
In many ways your actually giving our manager praise for something even his own fans aren't giving him any real credit for lol.
Really like our chances of getting to the final, could have been a stacked Derby,Norwich,Villa side in there instead.
With the focus on both our sides and Huddersfields shock achievement i think Reading have been under the radar a bit and with Kermorgant they could end up ruining it for both of our teams.
You probably are seen as a soft southern fancy dan side by some although I don't really get that as i've always lived in Northampton so can't say much lol.
Yesterdays result really meant nothing as we knew we had Huddersfield first minus 1st choice keeper and we got to use a reserve side.Perfect really.
After all the hype between us it'll probably be a Huddersfield vs Reading final.
the playoffs are a lottery, as well Wednesday fans know. Look at league 2 the bottom two teams in the playoffs ahve made the final. Do not think anyone can build their hopes up or predict the results. The players will react differentlly to this kind of pressure.
Every day is a Fulham day

Riversider

Quote from: londonowl on May 07, 2017, 05:05:35 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 07, 2017, 03:30:28 PM
Once again, I'd like to collectively remind you all, to keep within the guidelines of this forum. If another thread spirals out of control, because you can't sensibly discuss anything Sheff Weds related, then those responsible, will be banned from forum.

I had hoped that coming here, I could add to the discussion. I would like to think that I have made well reasoned posts without resorting to digs at Fulham for any reason.

I am not saying Wednesday fans on here are without fault, certainly there are some who have come here on the wind up. Perhaps if you put yourself on another fans forum, it should be expected that you be met with derision at your every post but it's a shame because there is good conversation to be had between opposing fans with differing perspectives. Just not here.

I try to respond to posts on forums based on their merit as opposed to basing them on who posts them. Half (only half?) the posts on Owlstalk are utter guff as well.

I think at this point, all Owls should excuse themselves from the forum and leave you to it, it's your forum after all and obviously most here would prefer it to be a closed shop which is fine, if not a bit of a shame.

As promised, I will be at your game on Saturday. Hopefully me and the kids won't have to sit next to guy who told us we were asking for trouble! As always, I shall be at 5 or 6 of your games next season, regardless of what division you are in and doubtless I will continue to enjoy a much better welcome at Craven Cottage than I have here.

So that's at least 3 tickets that won't be going to Fulham supporters for the semi final, and that's ok with the majority on here is it ?
And people still want to defend the "booking history " route .
🙄👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

londonowl

Quote from: Riversider on May 08, 2017, 02:53:05 PM
Quote from: londonowl on May 07, 2017, 05:05:35 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 07, 2017, 03:30:28 PM
Once again, I'd like to collectively remind you all, to keep within the guidelines of this forum. If another thread spirals out of control, because you can't sensibly discuss anything Sheff Weds related, then those responsible, will be banned from forum.

I had hoped that coming here, I could add to the discussion. I would like to think that I have made well reasoned posts without resorting to digs at Fulham for any reason.

I am not saying Wednesday fans on here are without fault, certainly there are some who have come here on the wind up. Perhaps if you put yourself on another fans forum, it should be expected that you be met with derision at your every post but it's a shame because there is good conversation to be had between opposing fans with differing perspectives. Just not here.

I try to respond to posts on forums based on their merit as opposed to basing them on who posts them. Half (only half?) the posts on Owlstalk are utter guff as well.

I think at this point, all Owls should excuse themselves from the forum and leave you to it, it's your forum after all and obviously most here would prefer it to be a closed shop which is fine, if not a bit of a shame.

As promised, I will be at your game on Saturday. Hopefully me and the kids won't have to sit next to guy who told us we were asking for trouble! As always, I shall be at 5 or 6 of your games next season, regardless of what division you are in and doubtless I will continue to enjoy a much better welcome at Craven Cottage than I have here.

So that's at least 3 tickets that won't be going to Fulham supporters for the semi final, and that's ok with the majority on here is it ?
And people still want to defend the "booking history " route .
🙄👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I have 46 points. More than many of your 'fans' will have and I have put enough money into your club over the past 3 years to come and watch the game. You seem (or at least the club does) to be quite happy for non fans to put money into the club at other times (neutral area?) but now all of a sudden, I am taking tickets away from a Fulham supporter.

For what it's worth, a ST holder offered to get me 3 tickets this morning but I said I was going to leave it a couple of days and if there were still tickets left on Wednesday I would get some. By that point no fans will have an excuse not to have a ticket so I'm sure the club will just be glad of paying customers.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: westcliff white on May 08, 2017, 01:15:38 PM
Quote from: VisitingOwl on May 08, 2017, 05:34:40 AM
the playoffs are a lottery, as well Wednesday fans know. Look at league 2 the bottom two teams in the playoffs ahve made the final. Do not think anyone can build their hopes up or predict the results. The players will react differentlly to this kind of pressure.
There are four good teams in the playoffs. Strangely the most underrated appear to be Reading, which considering they finished third, just doesn't make sense. Good times. Going to enjoy this anyway.