News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The loyalty point system is skewed

Started by Dirk Lehmann, May 08, 2017, 11:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: alexbishop on May 08, 2017, 08:33:12 PM
problem for me is going to home games but tickets getting booked by friends and therefore I don't get the loyalty points ..

and i feel sorry for many of us in a similar position
on a different thread I have said I have had a season ticket unbroken for the best oart of 60 years, even when we were down to crowds of 2 to 3000... always renewed
but that gets me zero in the loyalty stakes, if it isn't loyalty what is?
I cannot get to so many away games now but have been to the vast majoroty of big games highs and lows
yet i am in the thrid group and worried for this one.
i know the allocation is the problem and they need to avaoid a free for all but I would think group three for me is a bit more than unkind.

and the owner never shows up but no doubt will have a seat that would be better left for the likes of me (and of course your good self).

Scrumpy

Quote from: Dirk Lehmann on May 08, 2017, 02:40:31 PM
The size of the allocation is the real crime here. I would love to know who influenced that decision because it's ludicrous.

Spot on!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Wolf

Quote from: nose on May 08, 2017, 08:39:23 PM

on a different thread I have said I have had a season ticket unbroken for the best oart of 60 years, even when we were down to crowds of 2 to 3000... always renewed
but that gets me zero in the loyalty stakes, if it isn't loyalty what is?
I cannot get to so many away games now but have been to the vast majoroty of big games highs and lows
yet i am in the thrid group and worried for this one.
i know the allocation is the problem and they need to avaoid a free for all but I would think group three for me is a bit more than unkind.

and the owner never shows up but no doubt will have a seat that would be better left for the likes of me (and of course your good self).

A football club can only have the "loyalty" assessed over a relatively short time frame e.g. 3 years or, if a longer timeframe is used, it becomes very difficult for other to achieve loyalty, with tickets always concentrated in the same older group. This would also lead to increased purchasing of tickets by a relatively small "loyal" group for distribution to their friends and associates.
Likes: Fulham
Hates: the Hounslow maggots


rweller86

Quote from: Wolf on May 09, 2017, 10:17:02 AM
Quote from: nose on May 08, 2017, 08:39:23 PM

on a different thread I have said I have had a season ticket unbroken for the best oart of 60 years, even when we were down to crowds of 2 to 3000... always renewed
but that gets me zero in the loyalty stakes, if it isn't loyalty what is?
I cannot get to so many away games now but have been to the vast majoroty of big games highs and lows
yet i am in the thrid group and worried for this one.
i know the allocation is the problem and they need to avaoid a free for all but I would think group three for me is a bit more than unkind.

and the owner never shows up but no doubt will have a seat that would be better left for the likes of me (and of course your good self).

A football club can only have the "loyalty" assessed over a relatively short time frame e.g. 3 years or, if a longer timeframe is used, it becomes very difficult for other to achieve loyalty, with tickets always concentrated in the same older group. This would also lead to increased purchasing of tickets by a relatively small "loyal" group for distribution to their friends and associates.
Not sure I agree. If you have continuously been a season ticket holder for the last 10 years, you should have priority over those who have had it for the past 3. However, if you are no longer a season ticket holder with say 600 points and you are not a member, you can't buy tickets for the big games that sell out.
@rweller

bill taylors apprentice


I live in Lincoln and if my commitments allow, I usually travel to away games such as Forest, Rotherham, Burton etc etc  and take advantage of "pay on the gate" entrance, so no loyalty points there.

That's fair enough but as a S/T holder it would be right to at least get a few extra loyalty points in acknowledgement of continuous S/T renewal each season up to a maximum of say, 5 years!

I also like the idea of higher points for individual tickets to home games against Barnsley etc than Newcastle etc.


westcliff white

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 09, 2017, 11:17:07 AM

I live in Lincoln and if my commitments allow, I usually travel to away games such as Forest, Rotherham, Burton etc etc  and take advantage of "pay on the gate" entrance, so no loyalty points there.

That's fair enough but as a S/T holder it would be right to at least get a few extra loyalty points in acknowledgement of continuous S/T renewal each season up to a maximum of say, 5 years!

I also like the idea of higher points for individual tickets to home games against Barnsley etc than Newcastle etc.


If you book them with your client reference numbe rthey should count i believe, maybe worth checking with the club if you have done some of those this year.

I am not sure if loyalty points have a validity period, does anyone know
Every day is a Fulham day


nose

the problem is the allocation
I think anyone with a season ticket and has been to 2/3 of the away games deserves first choice
then people with much longer season ticket longevity of 10+ years (or in my case 50+ years  including near divorce in exeter during a hail storm and tony gale missing a penalty!!!!!)
the loyalty points system is random, invisible to most of us and who knows if it is really fair. I do not really blame the club for the problem but I suspect who worked out the criteria is not  really a football supporter, or would have understood. I went to see us relegated at swansea (sitting behind mary o'doherty) into the bottom tier, I have been to virtually every important game (all the ones I could actually go to) I honestly  think I deserve to be higher up the pecking order.

westcliff white

i cant see my loyalty points online not even sure where they are shown lol
Every day is a Fulham day

RP24

I am a little bit annoyed by the loyalty point system.

I have been a season ticket holder for 24 years now but only have 450 points and as such wont be able to go to the away game.


Dirk Lehmann

Quote from: alexbishop on May 08, 2017, 08:33:12 PM
problem for me is going to home games but tickets getting booked by friends and therefore I don't get the loyalty points ..

You can link accounts and then when your 'friend' buys your ticket they can assign the ticket to you. They still pay and the ticket gets delivered to them but you get the loyalty points for your ticket.

ffc73

I attend as many away matches as I can go to.  North, South, East and West.  Have done for many seasons.  FFC is my hobby and I am fortunate to be in a position both time wise and financially to indulge in it

I do not consider myself a 'better' or more loyal FFC supporter than others.  There have been times over the years when I have not been able to go to home and/or away games.  Checking Ceefax, Teletext, refreshing internet pages.  We have all done it

However with 862 loyalty points I would be really upset if I did not get first look in when tickets are limited

rweller86

Quote from: FFC73 on May 09, 2017, 12:58:02 PM
I attend as many away matches as I can go to.  North, South, East and West.  Have done for many seasons.  FFC is my hobby and I am fortunate to be in a position both time wise and financially to indulge in it

I do not consider myself a 'better' or more loyal FFC supporter than others.  There have been times over the years when I have not been able to go to home and/or away games.  Checking Ceefax, Teletext, refreshing internet pages.  We have all done it

However with 862 loyalty points I would be really upset if I did not get first look in when tickets are limited
And rightly so.
@rweller


westcliff white

Quote from: FFC73 on May 09, 2017, 12:58:02 PM
I attend as many away matches as I can go to.  North, South, East and West.  Have done for many seasons.  FFC is my hobby and I am fortunate to be in a position both time wise and financially to indulge in it

I do not consider myself a 'better' or more loyal FFC supporter than others.  There have been times over the years when I have not been able to go to home and/or away games.  Checking Ceefax, Teletext, refreshing internet pages.  We have all done it

However with 862 loyalty points I would be really upset if I did not get first look in when tickets are limited
I agree with you 100%.

Putting on the other hat, some might say though, that you saying you are better than pther fans as you have more points and deserve first refusal?
Every day is a Fulham day

rweller86

Look at other loyalty schemes such as Air Miles. If someone has enough miles to get a free flight to New York and you have just enough miles to get you a free domestic flight, do you think you should get the free flight to New York too?

Those who have been going to watch Fulham before the loyalty scheme came in, you should have been given something extra to begin with so I feel for those. Aside from that, as with any loyalty scheme, it has to start somewhere and benefit those who have put the most money into the club. It might not mean that they are a 'better' fan than you are, but they have certainly paid more than you have.

Just for the record, I'm in the final category for purchase of tickets to away leg.
@rweller

ffc73

Totally get it Westcliffe.  Some may say that.  Having been unable to attend matches myself in the past, I do not subscribe to that way of thinking.  I am just as passionate when not at the game as when "I was there".  Just saves on the often long miserable journey home....

Whilst being unbelievably frustrated, I would like to think that if the points threshold was say 865, I would accept that the boys and girls who have accumulated more points than me by regularly going out to far flung places on a wet and windy autumn / winter midweek night for some fixture that is quickly forgotten do deserve first refusal on the tickets to the big games. 


westcliff white

Quote from: FFC73 on May 09, 2017, 01:29:51 PM
Totally get it Westcliffe.  Some may say that.  Having been unable to attend matches myself in the past, I do not subscribe to that way of thinking.  I am just as passionate when not at the game as when "I was there".  Just saves on the often long miserable journey home....

Whilst being unbelievably frustrated, I would like to think that if the points threshold was say 865, I would accept that the boys and girls who have accumulated more points than me by regularly going out to far flung places on a wet and windy autumn / winter midweek night for some fixture that is quickly forgotten do deserve first refusal on the tickets to the big games. 
100% with you.

Ive been accused in the past of what i described, so thought now I am a mod i owuld sit on the fence a little ;)
Every day is a Fulham day

White Rabbit

Been to all away games except Barnsley and Norwich this season. At Preston - there can't have been more than a hundred of us there - one coach and a few cars I think, Blackburn - just a few more and of course there were two visits to Reading around Christmas, so very, very peeved that I won't qualify to visit them again. It seems that loyalty has nothing to do with long distance travel in the cold especially when many at home perceived another season of drudgery, but rather its a direct association with success. I'm told that some clubs have away season tickets. Not sure how that would work but it would be great to see it introduced - with privileges for away leg play offs.

Mitch

Quote from: White Rabbit on May 11, 2017, 09:16:21 AM
Been to all away games except Barnsley and Norwich this season. At Preston - there can't have been more than a hundred of us there - one coach and a few cars I think, Blackburn - just a few more and of course there were two visits to Reading around Christmas, so very, very peeved that I won't qualify to visit them again. It seems that loyalty has nothing to do with long distance travel in the cold especially when many at home perceived another season of drudgery, but rather its a direct association with success. I'm told that some clubs have away season tickets. Not sure how that would work but it would be great to see it introduced - with privileges for away leg play offs.

We do have away season tickets with the amount deducted as and when, and I'm fairly sure it included the play-off game as I saw that someone had the funds deducted from their account.


Dirk Lehmann

Quote from: White Rabbit on May 11, 2017, 09:16:21 AM
Been to all away games except Barnsley and Norwich this season. At Preston - there can't have been more than a hundred of us there - one coach and a few cars I think, Blackburn - just a few more and of course there were two visits to Reading around Christmas, so very, very peeved that I won't qualify to visit them again. It seems that loyalty has nothing to do with long distance travel in the cold especially when many at home perceived another season of drudgery, but rather its a direct association with success. I'm told that some clubs have away season tickets. Not sure how that would work but it would be great to see it introduced - with privileges for away leg play offs.

On the assumption that you have a home season ticket (50 points) and all those away games counted for 4 loyalty points (which they didn't) then that would only balance our at around 135 points for this season.

It's right that loyalty points should be calculated over a longer term than that. We are all frustrated that we don't have enough points but the real point of your irritation should be the size of the allocation.

Barry White

Quote from: White Rabbit on May 11, 2017, 09:16:21 AM
Been to all away games except Barnsley and Norwich this season. At Preston - there can't have been more than a hundred of us there - one coach and a few cars I think, Blackburn - just a few more and of course there were two visits to Reading around Christmas, so very, very peeved that I won't qualify to visit them again. It seems that loyalty has nothing to do with long distance travel in the cold especially when many at home perceived another season of drudgery, but rather its a direct association with success. I'm told that some clubs have away season tickets. Not sure how that would work but it would be great to see it introduced - with privileges for away leg play offs.

It does reward loyalty, just not over one season. No idea what your history is before this season (by the sounds of it you've had a great one!) but it can't be based on this season alone. System is definitely skewed and needs looking at but it needs to take into account at least 3-5 years in my opinion.