watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

STRIKERS IF WE GO UP

Started by garyclashcityrocker, May 12, 2017, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyclashcityrocker

Obviously a Striker will be top of our shopping list regardless of winning the play-offs or not.

But the lure of Premiership would drastically effect our pulling power. Who would you fancy?

With 'Boro relegated - Alvaro Negredo? How many times in the past were we linked with him. Big, strong and a real handful given the right service.

Jay Rodriguez (Southampton)? Defoe?

All have Premier experience and a goal in them or do we take a flyer on someone from abroad or a youngster like Tammy Abrahams (Chelsea / Bristol City). Interested in the players who are on Fulham supporters radar.

jarv

The Swansea striker if they go down. (I think he is Italian). Negredo only scored when at Rangers. You or I could do that.

There will be plenty of decent players available. The 3 relegated teams usually have a few decent players plus Arsenal and both Manchester teams will most likely be having a bit of a clear out.

If Hull go down, their centre back is a tough  lad and left back Robertson is probably the only Scot in the premier with true premier class. (That's if Sessgnon goes).  Sess..10 mill, Robertson 5 mill., good deal). I would rather Fulham keep Sess though.

garyclashcityrocker

Do you mean Llorente at Swansea - he's Spanish and an excellent shout.

Negredo (think you might be mistaken about Rangers) Ex Sevilla, Man City.

simplyfulham

My picks would be:
Ashley Barnes
Patrick Bamford
Jonathan Walters
Kenneth Zohore
Lucas Joao

Not necessarily on that order.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: simplyfulham on May 12, 2017, 04:57:05 PM
My picks would be:
Ashley Barnes
Patrick Bamford
Jonathan Walters
Kenneth Zohore
Lucas Joao

We need to be more ambitious than Bamford if we go up. The Cardiff striker is a decent shout. I think Defoe on a free is a must but his wages will be sky high due to demand and the fact it's a free
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

valdeingruo

I can't even think about the transfer window until the end of the month.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Bartender 14

What about Nigel Hasselbaink, Excelsior Rotterdam, has a great future as a striker. Very fast, good eye for the goal and great insight in the box. Revelation of the Eredivisie this season, saw him play many times last months.
And he seems to be out of contract at the end of the season.

westcliff white

Bamford not for me 18 good months not much else and not much at all lately. Don't even think he got 10 games this season for a poor Boro team.

Hasselbaink, didn't do much in Scotland and has got just 11 or 12 goals in the Netherlands this season, doesn't really get my eyes popping.

Defoe on a free and reasonable wages could be worth it but should be noted his goals have dried up a little of late.

Zohore and Walters not bad shouts at all, for a club going up
Every day is a Fulham day

river phoenix

My picks would be Sergi Enrich and Kenneth Zohore or Chris Wood.

nose

christiano ronaldo, messi and pele are top of my list.
lets not count poussin before the chickens come home to roost

fulhamben

Quote from: river phoenix on May 12, 2017, 06:16:35 PM
have you watched a lot of wood?  I've seen him a few times and he just looks like a better version of Martin. Absolutely nothing special about him, just a lump
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

simplyfulham

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 12, 2017, 05:23:24 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on May 12, 2017, 04:57:05 PM
My picks would be:
Ashley Barnes
Patrick Bamford
Jonathan Walters
Kenneth Zohore
Lucas Joao

We need to be more ambitious than Bamford if we go up. The Cardiff striker is a decent shout. I think Defoe on a free is a must but his wages will be sky high due to demand and the fact it's a free

I sort of get what you mean, but there is a lot more to Bamford's game then meets the eye. He needs aunt of confidence and a run in a team. His movement is exceptional and he is a natural finisher. A team will gamble on him sooner or later and they'll reap the rewards.

dannyboi-ffc

I think we need 3 strikers in our squad therefore we'd need 3 new ones. I'd go Defoe (free) Tammy Abrahams (loan) Zouhore/Enrich/Carroll someone physical like that. Maybe not Carroll cos of injuries but you get the idea I hope lol.

Plus Ayite to chip in
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

aaronmcguigan

Jims Dentist

Rhys Lightning 63

I wouldn't mind Mitrovic from Newcastle
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

river phoenix

Quote from: fulhamben on May 12, 2017, 06:52:30 PM
have you watched a lot of wood?  I've seen him a few times and he just looks like a better version of Martin. Absolutely nothing special about him, just a lump

Yes, Ben, I have been watching him since he was terrorising Championship defences with Birmingham in 2011 and Millwall in 2012. Since than he had been stagnating a bit for a couple of years in Leicester but obviously he has been at his best this season. A better version of Chris Martin is just what we need in attack, hence 3 names I mentioned above. All of them are big strikers with a good movement which is very important for Joka`s system.

lomotd

I'm not going to lie, not many of these inspire we for confidence if we have to rely on them if we make the Premier League.

I wager we'd go for a big money but obscure foreign league signing.

flyingfish

Rooney wants some game time!

fulhamben

Quote from: river phoenix on May 12, 2017, 07:58:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 12, 2017, 06:52:30 PM

Yes, Ben, I have been watching him since he was terrorising Championship defences with Birmingham in 2011 and Millwall in 2012. Since than he had been stagnating a bit for a couple of years in Leicester but obviously he has been at his best this season. A better version of Chris Martin is just what we need in attack, hence 3 names I mentioned above. All of them are big strikers with a good movement which is very important for Joka`s system.
you know its a if we go up thread? players of his rhodes and martins ilk very rarely go on to do anything at top level. strikers need to be able to create for themselves nowadays in the prem, and i couldnt see any of the ones ive mentioned doing much. especially as we like to get to the by line and cut in. big slow players struggle to get where they are needed to be. hence martin has only managed 6 goals from open play in the most attacking team in the division
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.