watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sess pro contract?

Started by WONKYTONKY, May 15, 2017, 04:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WONKYTONKY

Am I right in thinking Sess can sign a pro contract after Thursday when he turns 17? What a week it would be to turn over Reading and book a place in the final then get official confirmation Sess has signed for us on a long contract with huge buy out clause.

westcliff white

You are, but I wold temepr any enthusiasm that he will sign. We all want him too, but recently he has appointed a nice big agency to deal with contracts for him, as well as SJ's (alledged) recent comments seeming a little wary on him signing a deal. it is mentioned on this board that SJ said (in words similar to these as I cannot remember word for word) we have a better chance of keeping Sess if we go up.
Every day is a Fulham day

grandad

I am holding off until something is put up on the Offal. I am ignoring all media on this issue.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

Quote from: grandad on May 15, 2017, 09:10:12 AM
I am holding off until something is put up on the Offal. I am ignoring all media on this issue.
thats where I am too, I think SJ should not answer question son the subject

Bill2

It was always said that he would sign a contract, not sure what the rules say about him refusing to sign if a contract offered.

No doubt a lot of money will be bandied around and wonder if some of the big clubs, with no morals, will offer some financial inducements to get him to sign. I am not naive enough to think he will stay at Fulham but hope the lad has some sense of obligation to allow Fulham to maximise some return.

The frustrating thing is that we may never know.

westcliff white

As he is under 17 we would be compensated, as I understand it, if he moves to an Englidh club otherwis eits a pittance. It was rumoured he had signed a pre contract with us but as he could not sign a full contract not sure if he oculd have leaglly signed a pre contract. reckon thats why he has a new agent personally.

really hope he signs on and reards the club for the faith they have shown in him, but as grandad said i am now ignoring everything until somehting on the offal one way or the other

WONKYTONKY

Not sure why really but something tells me he's very different from the likes of Roberts and Dembelle. I'm weirdly confident he'll stay put. He's been with the club all his playing life. By all reports he's a grounded kid who loves the club and is around the first team more then he could've wished for. I'm sure he knows money will come to him in his career so shouldn't worry about pushing through a big money move now that might hinder playing time and stump future earning potential by getting forgotten about. He'll do alright out of Fulham as part of the first team squad anyway.

MikeW

... and then we can flog him?  Sorry, reality kicked in ... I'll get me coat
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

WONKYTONKY

Quote from: MikeW on May 15, 2017, 05:41:23 PM

Yeah. That's the point of having such a strong academy I think. Help us raise funds to compete at the top. Thats why I'm so keen to finally have a top prospect actually make it to pro level with us. Roberts and Dembelle probably lost us 30m by not staying till we could get decent funds for them.

davew

Quote from: WONKYTONKY on May 15, 2017, 11:30:17 PM
Quote from: MikeW on May 15, 2017, 05:41:23 PM

Yeah. That's the point of having such a strong academy I think. Help us raise funds to compete at the top. Thats why I'm so keen to finally have a top prospect actually make it to pro level with us. Roberts and Dembelle probably lost us 30m by not staying till we could get decent funds for them.
Dembele probably cost us that on his own, it will be very interesting to see how much Celtic sell him for? Not so sure about Roberts,a very speculative and risky buy by Man City, I don't think he will make the grade (just my opinion) so we may have got a good price, time will tell!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Nick Bateman

What is the injury preventing him playing tonight away to Reading?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

davew

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 16, 2017, 01:55:16 PM
What is the injury preventing him playing tonight away to Reading?
What injury?????
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alexmur

Did he not already sign a precontract agreement

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

Quote from: alexmur on May 16, 2017, 02:54:49 PM
Did he not already sign a precontract agreement

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

that was thw rumour, but if he cannot sign a contract how legally binding would a 16 year old be signing a pre contract? i cant fathom whats going on, all i know for certain is that he has appointed a brand new shiny agent

westcliff white

That's my point statto not legally binding, forever hopeful though

Bill2

Quote from: westcliff white on May 15, 2017, 10:37:48 AM
As he is under 17 we would be compensated, as I understand it, if he moves to an Englidh club otherwis eits a pittance. It was rumoured he had signed a pre contract with us but as he could not sign a full contract not sure if he oculd have leaglly signed a pre contract. reckon thats why he has a new agent personally.

really hope he signs on and reards the club for the faith they have shown in him, but as grandad said i am now ignoring everything until somehting on the offal one way or the other
This is what happened with Dembele, but he had already signed a 2 year contract which had run out. If we cannot get decent money for the gems we find why have an academy? As soon as you find someone any good they get plucked from you for next to nothing and you are only allowed to keep the players who will never make the top level. In fact why do the big clubs have academies they can just get the youngsters from other clubs and send them out on loan.

The whole thing smells.

westcliff white

we can get decent money bu if the player doesnt want to sign a contract then leaves to a non english club we lose out. Hopefully Sess satys in England or signs. It is his birthday tomorrow

We Are Premier League

He did look like a 16y old yesterday, nerves or the pressure must really have got to him.

That said, he is 16 so what can you ask for...