watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Reading

Started by rvFFC, May 15, 2017, 05:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

interesting post match comment from Slavisia we played a lot of long balls to martin,quote,
So i hope hes on the bench .

nose

i do not think piazon is worth any part of tomorrow's game, I saw he mentioned above. anther great lightweight that does far too little. i know there are people on the MB that seem to rate him but really tomorrow will be attrition and he is not that.
ayite/kebano/sess/cyriac are quick and will die trying, good bad or indifferent they will give there very soul for thecause... piazon is far too lethargic, he is not the man for tomorrow. martin? a question of how jooca wants to play, for me I would have him on the bench and only use him if absolutely no other option fits.
i would star aluko, kebano, ayite..... sess on for the least of these after an hour or so. or just suck it and see....

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I would start Martin to be honest. He brings something completely different to the table. He unselfishly gives up his job of scoring and creating goals to let the others do it. He's a team player, who makes 10 yard runs up, down , left and right, Sometimes he heads the ball too. We dont have anyone else who can flick it into somewhere that might be a good, or chest it backwards... sometimes sideways. He brings something else to the table. He gives us options, how can you people not see that ? I know there are at least 5 others who agree with me because he got 6 MOTM votes for Saturday, the same as Johansen and more than Kalas. Come on people, keep the faith, he will start smashing them in soon. He's a great finisher and his record speaks for itself.
If we dont start him tomorrow night, I'll be absolutely devastated. Give him another chance. He deserves it for gods sake. He's a fulham man through and through, and Jok knows best. Wake up people

BestOfBrede

Blimey - "he's a Fulham man through and through"
Pee taking me thinks!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 15, 2017, 09:42:22 PM
Pee taking me thinks!

I deduce that the pressure of the play offs is starting to take its toll. That's why I use exact change.
I am out of my mind, but I will be back in five minutes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 15, 2017, 06:09:11 PM
Quote from: SuperFulham323 on May 15, 2017, 05:47:09 PM
I think we need pace across the front from the start tomorrow get down the channels and get an early goal. I would go for:
Betts
Fredericks kalas ream malone
Cairney McDonald Johansen
Kebano Aluko Sess

The front three could easily be any out of Ayite, Sess, Aluko, Kebano, Piazon.
Martin however should NOT start.
COYW!

I would even add Cyriac to that list in front of Martin.
Sorry to say I would add anybody to that list in front of CM, even some of the guys who play for the local Pub!! Maybe I am just biased, but I can only judge somebody by their performance(s) and I have not been impressed by him this season! Scoring the odd goal does not make up for the other things he can be attributed with. He has been disruptive, disinterested (at times), on strike (occasionally) and reminds a lot of the late great JH, shrugs his shoulders, complains a lot, the difference was that JH was head and shoulders over the rest of our players and CM is very fortunate that 1 person thinks he is good enough to play for us.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on May 15, 2017, 09:35:02 PM
I would start Martin to be honest. He brings something completely different to the table. He unselfishly gives up his job of scoring and creating goals to let the others do it. He's a team player, who makes 10 yard runs up, down , left and right, Sometimes he heads the ball too. We dont have anyone else who can flick it into somewhere that might be a good, or chest it backwards... sometimes sideways. He brings something else to the table. He gives us options, how can you people not see that ? I know there are at least 5 others who agree with me because he got 6 MOTM votes for Saturday, the same as Johansen and more than Kalas. Come on people, keep the faith, he will start smashing them in soon. He's a great finisher and his record speaks for itself.
If we dont start him tomorrow night, I'll be absolutely devastated. Give him another chance. He deserves it for gods sake. He's a fulham man through and through, and Jok knows best. Wake up people
lol, suggest you read the comments in the motm thread then you will see why he got 6 votes. And yes he brings something different, he is the only one of our attackers, who isn't very good at attacking.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 15, 2017, 09:42:22 PM
Pee taking me thinks!
That part of what he said must be nominated as the biggest rubbish posting of the year!!! Martin through and through a Fulham man, can't he spell Derby???

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on May 15, 2017, 11:39:39 PM
lol, suggest you read the comments in the motm thread then you will see why he got 6 votes. And yes he brings something different, he is the only one of our attackers, who isn't very good at attacking.
You keep on the ball Ben, you might be getting a late call up for 2moro night, you can't be worse than Martin.....can you???

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Come on guys, we are going into battle here, didnt you know Martin comes from the Latin name Martinus, which is a late derived form of the name of the Roman god Mars, the protective godhead of the Latins, and therefore the god of war ? You are berating a direct ascendant from the god of war for god sake. Talking of ascendants....

Some here say he has acted like a bit of a rat, but he can be forgiven for that, as its just in his genes and inherited from his grandad, one of the most famous rats from a pack, Dean Martin. If you dont believe me, check out the resemblance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Martin

Some people say his performances have been a joke. Again not his fault, as he inherits this trait from his dad, the great comic actor Steve Martin, so we should give him the utmost leeway, as deep down, he only wants to make us laugh, and at times he has not only made me laugh, but also cry, so we should be applauding this comic acting genius, not berating him.

On the 31st of July we have his brother, Ricky Martin's International Ricky Martin day, where we can surely pull some strings and get some pre season in against the top Puerto Rico sides before Leyton Orient get there first. An absolute must.

Now finally, his adopted  half brother,  was the famous sprinter 'Roy the Rocket Martin', for which we should be grateful too, as he clearly picked up some sprint tips when he ran half the pitch in the first half on Saturday to close their keeper down. A friend of mine said he looked like our old Sunday league mate 'churney the bulldozer' , thus named for his size and insistence to eat a massive fry up at the local cafe before every game. I wasn't having this though, so actually watched a re-run of the game and carefully and accurately  timed that half pitch sprint. I then converted this speed / distance ratio to what time he would have actually completed the 100m if travelling with the same thundering galloping gusto, and showed my pal. 18.35 seconds, almost a second quicker that the bulldozer. That shut him up.

I am truly quite upset by the comments about Chris, and in protest have now even bought a Fulham shirt with his name on the back, ( the shop said it was the last one, or only one, i cant remember ) Anyway,  I can wear it now forever more at every game. This way, when he is back at Derby next season, ripping up trees, scoring once every 8 games, you'll be reminded of him, sad faced as you look down at me from your seat, his name plastered across my back, as I pay homage to him in the most fitting way possible, by tucking into my 4th pie.

H3Matt

I just don't want Martin in the starting 11. We need to play a system without him because it's clear as day he will be back at Derby next season. If he starts, and is pants/costs us the final, Derby fans will be laughing at us. Please....no. Play a front 3 of Sessengon/Ayité/Aluko and bring on Kebano later. I like Kebano but he makes more of an impact as a sub, rather than starting.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on May 16, 2017, 07:38:47 AM

Come on guys, we are going into battle here, didnt you know Martin comes from the Latin name Martinus, which is a late derived form of the name of the Roman god Mars, the protective godhead of the Latins, and therefore the god of war ? You are berating a direct ascendant from the god of war for god sake. Talking of ascendants....

Some here say he has ACTED LIKE A BIT OF A RAT, but he can be forgiven for that, as its just in his genes and inherited from his grandad, one of the most famous RAT from a pack, Dean Martin.
I am truly quite upset by the comments about Chris, and in protest have now even bought a Fulham shirt with his name on the back, ( the shop said it was the last one, or only one, i cant remember ) Anyway,  I can wear it now forever more at every game. This way, when he is back at Derby next season, ripping up trees, scoring once every 8 games, you'll be reminded of him, sad faced as you look down at me from your seat.

Now that you have mentioned it, brought the subject up, and resurfaced it, and reminded us all, and revived this issue. May I suggest that you remove his name from the back of your shirt, and replace it with " KING RAT ". 🐀

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

if you dont play Martin and if Reading play as they did and dont allow us to play out form the front, who do we have to hold the ball up? I am not saying he shoud start just pointing out thats what we may need. I would not put Aluko through the middle either, he is a poor finisher most of the time, he really should have put us a head before half time on Saturday. Ourt distribution from Betts also needs to improve a hell of a lot tonight.

My team would be

Bettenelli

Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Malone

McDonald
Cairney
Johansen

Aluko
Kebano
Ayite or Sessegnon

Subs
Button
Odoi
Parker
Cyriac
Martin
Piazon
Ayite or Sessegnon
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on May 16, 2017, 09:39:40 AM
if you dont play Martin and if Reading play as they did and dont allow us to play out form the front, who do we have to hold the ball up? I am not saying he shoud start just pointing out thats what we may need. I would not put Aluko through the middle either, he is a poor finisher most of the time, he really should have put us a head before half time on Saturday. Ourt distribution from Betts also needs to improve a hell of a lot tonight.

My team would be

Bettenelli

Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Malone

McDonald
Cairney
Johansen

Aluko
Kebano
Ayite or Sessegnon

Subs
Button
Odoi
Parker
Cyriac
Martin
Piazon
Ayite or Sessegnon
Yes, I would go along with that team, I may be tempted to pick Sess at Ayite expense.

Never forget your Roots.

Apprentice to the Maestro

My team would be

Bettenelli

Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Malone

McDonald
Cairney
Johansen

Aluko
Kebano
Ayite or Sessegnon

Subs
Button
Odoi
Parker
Cyriac
Martin
Piazon
Ayite or Sessegnon

The problem is that Martin doesn't hold up the ball!

When he is there and we are being pressed we lump it up to Martin and, occasionally, when not brushed aside by the defender he gets a touch on the ball but that rarely goes to a Fulham player and we lose possession.

I grant you that our other forwards ought to be closer to Martin in that situation and making runs but neither they or our manager have managed to sort that out so having Martin there as plan B simply doesn't work.

The other problem is that Martin isn't good enough as a target man. Think back to Zamora if you want to see how the job should be done.

Yes, it would be good to have a plan B because our forward options are all rather similar. That is the way it is and we have to make the best of it. We should play to our strengths: press high and hard, quick one touch football, run at their defenders particularly in the box or get it out wide and then send in low crosses. And when we get into position with a shooting chance we need to have our shooting boots on and hit the target.

westcliff white

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 16, 2017, 10:01:42 AM

My team would be

Bettenelli

Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Malone

McDonald
Cairney
Johansen

Aluko
Kebano
Ayite or Sessegnon

Subs
Button
Odoi
Parker
Cyriac
Martin
Piazon
Ayite or Sessegnon

When he is there and we are being pressed we lump it up to Martin and, occasionally, when not brushed aside by the defender he gets a touch on the ball but that rarely goes to a Fulham player and we lose possession.

I grant you that our other forwards ought to be closer to Martin in that situation and making runs but neither they or our manager have managed to sort that out so having Martin there as plan B simply doesn't work.

The other problem is that Martin isn't good enough as a target man. Think back to Zamora if you want to see how the job should be done.

Yes, it would be good to have a plan B because our forward options are all rather similar. That is the way it is and we have to make the best of it. We should play to our strengths: press high and hard, quick one touch football, run at their defenders particularly in the box or get it out wide and then send in low crosses. And when we get into position with a shooting chance we need to have our shooting boots on and hit the target.
I dont think he was bought in as a target man more of a link player which he does well, Saturday he won a lot of headers and kept the ball but never had anyone to lay it off too, hold up men need support and he didnt have it. However, that isnt our game and we were forced into those tactics by the way Reading played.

Martin of the Bench is a good option for tonight in my opinion. Cyriac hasnt impressed me at all, but then he didnt when I was living in Brussels and watching a lot of Anderlecht

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 16, 2017, 09:36:34 AM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on May 16, 2017, 07:38:47 AM

Some here say he has ACTED LIKE A BIT OF A RAT, but he can be forgiven for that, as its just in his genes and inherited from his grandad, one of the most famous RAT from a pack, Dean Martin.
I am truly quite upset by the comments about Chris, and in protest have now even bought a Fulham shirt with his name on the back, ( the shop said it was the last one, or only one, i cant remember ) Anyway,  I can wear it now forever more at every game. This way, when he is back at Derby next season, ripping up trees, scoring once every 8 games, you'll be reminded of him, sad faced as you look down at me from your seat.

Now that you have mentioned it, brought the subject up, and resurfaced it, and reminded us all, and revived this issue. May I suggest that you remove his name from the back of your shirt, and replace it with " KING RAT ". 🐀

Yeah no problem, I'll do that RIGHT AWAY. Please let me know when i can ever join in a debate about him again. Although I cant make any promises, I will try harder to conform, i promise I will.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on May 16, 2017, 10:12:22 AM

My team would be

Bettenelli

Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Malone

McDonald
Cairney
Johansen

Aluko
Kebano
Ayite or Sessegnon

Subs
Button
Odoi
Parker
Cyriac
Martin
Piazon
Ayite or Sessegnon

I dont think he was bought in as a target man more of a link player which he does well, Saturday he won a lot of headers and kept the ball but never had anyone to lay it off too, hold up men need support and he didnt have it. However, that isnt our game and we were forced into those tactics by the way Reading played.

Martin of the Bench is a good option for tonight in my opinion. Cyriac hasnt impressed me at all, but then he didnt when I was living in Brussels and watching a lot of Anderlecht
did he win a lot of headers? I can genuinely remember him winning about 4
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on May 16, 2017, 10:39:41 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 16, 2017, 10:12:22 AM

My team would be

Bettenelli

Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Malone

McDonald
Cairney
Johansen

Aluko
Kebano
Ayite or Sessegnon

Subs
Button
Odoi
Parker
Cyriac
Martin
Piazon
Ayite or Sessegnon

did he win a lot of headers? I can genuinely remember him winning about 4
from the amount of clearences form Betts that were hit to him accurately I would say he did get most, the rest went no where near him and that isnt his fault.

I am no fan of his but find it unjust that eberything gets banged on about him, ye she made a mistake, yes I am as aannoyed and pee'd off as everyone else about what he did but we still need to use everyone in the squad we have. They will all bring something if used. Will anyone have a go at Betts for weeks on end if he dollies one into the back of the net tonight (similar to how another boo boy in button gets it in the neck)? or if Aluko for weeks on end if he takes a pen and does a chrissy waddle?

I just find it frustrating

rubbernecca

I agree with the OP - Martin shouldn't start. Like Dannyboi says, he makes us predictable. That said, he could be useful on the bench to mix things up towards the end if we need a goal.