watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Reading

Started by rvFFC, May 15, 2017, 05:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvFFC

I think we need pace across the front from the start tomorrow get down the channels and get an early goal. I would go for:
Betts
Fredericks kalas ream malone
Cairney McDonald Johansen
Kebano Aluko Sess

The front three could easily be any out of Ayite, Sess, Aluko, Kebano, Piazon.
Martin however should NOT start.
COYW!

Horsfield_No9

Agreed. We somehow looked more 2 dimensional with him on Saturday. Since Newcastle I think we've looked great with the team you suggest. Kebano is such a handful and our only way past them now is to attack.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on May 15, 2017, 05:47:09 PM
I think we need pace across the front from the start tomorrow get down the channels and get an early goal. I would go for:
Betts
Fredericks kalas ream malone
Cairney McDonald Johansen
Kebano Aluko Sess

The front three could easily be any out of Ayite, Sess, Aluko, Kebano, Piazon.
Martin however should NOT start.
COYW!

I would even add Cyriac to that list in front of Martin.

ffc73

Cannot see us keeping a clean sheet so attack is our best form of defence tomorrow night

Aluko Ayite Sess = Tora Tora Tora

Throw on Kebano, Cyraic & Piazon when they tire for death or glory

Wearethewhites

With no McShane, and possibly no Obita (we don't know 100% yet) I feel our best form of attack, to break down Reading, will be to target those areas.

Now, don't shoot me down here, but I reckon this maybe better setup for a Martin type role, as he'll naturally lean, hold, and cause problems for whoever comes in for McShane.

Fulhamerica23

Unchanged for me. No reason to change really. Should have been 2-0 I think. Aluko should have finished. Their only attempt should never had happened.

@jolslover

I would go

Bettinelli, Fredericks Kalas Ream Malone, Johansen Cairney Mcdonald, Ayite Aluko Sessegnon.

IF Johansen is injured then I would start Piazon in his place.
STH H3

Jonaldiniho 88

I think with the high press that they put into practice on Saturday and probably will again tomorrow I think Slav is worried that playing from the back from the get go may gift them a goal. I think his plan is to play Martin from the get go as an outlet, then as they tire bring on the speed merchants. I can see the logic in the plan if it's not necessarily what I would do. With the possibility of extra time it may pay to keep our powder dry and hopefully pick them apart as the game goes on.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 15, 2017, 06:57:04 PM
I think with the high press that they put into practice on Saturday and probably will again tomorrow I think Slav is worried that playing from the back from the get go may gift them a goal. I think his plan is to play Martin from the get go as an outlet, then as they tire bring on the speed merchants. I can see the logic in the plan if it's not necessarily what I would do. With the possibility of extra time it may pay to keep our powder dry and hopefully pick them apart as the game goes on.
but that didn't work in the home leg did it. We created very little and still went behind
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jonaldiniho 88

It didn't work all that well. If they had come out the blocks and we had no outball it could have gone worse. I don't think it's a coincidence that we have started playing the ball longer and longer recently. We are trying not to be too predictable and invite pressure onto ourselves in our own half. As I said I don't necessarily agree but I can see some merit. first goal tomorrow is massive.

Baszab

Same starting team with Aluko and Ayite playing closer to Martin

Can use Sess and Kabano after 60 minutes if needed

They practically played the same negative rubbish in the league game at their place

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 15, 2017, 07:11:06 PM
It didn't work all that well. If they had come out the blocks and we had no outball it could have gone worse. I don't think it's a coincidence that we have started playing the ball longer and longer recently. We are trying not to be too predictable and invite pressure onto ourselves in our own half. As I said I don't necessarily agree but I can see some merit. first goal tomorrow is massive.
first goal is massive, which is why I'd play someone more likely to score one

JoelH5

It's the only way people keep up with us. You'd hope by now we'd have a plan to counter it
I was there, standing in the Putney end

dannyboi-ffc

No Martin!

We are much harder to defend against When we play Sess Aluko Ayite. They are interchangeable, all have pace and constantly have movement. Aluko drops off Ayite swaps etc. It's impossible to mark anyone.

With Martin the system becomes rigid and predictable. Martin always stays central meaning Ayite and Aluko have less of a free role. Both get itchy feet and drift in meaning Readings 3 at the back system is perfect. The wing back is now faced with just a fullback with the cover of a midfielder and a covering centre half. When Sess hugs the touchline the proposition is completely different. It's now 2 on 2 and in some cases 2 on 1.

Defenders are terrified of pace. You've also got to consider how much game time Martin has actually had since his strike. He's been in and out. It has to be the attitude we approached Huddersfield away. Do it properly and the goals can't be stopped.

Is it a coincidence Reading were on the back foot after Martin went off? The tempo certainly improved.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bod

I don't know how Martin gets a place because he isn't trying IMO.
If there's a chance or a 50/50 he always loses out.
Better with Kebano

AlexW132

Drop Martin and put Sess on the left and move Ayité up front. Ayité needs to step up however, his shooting has been haphazard of late.

fulhamben

Quote from: AlexW132 on May 15, 2017, 07:20:12 PM
Drop Martin and put Sess on the left and move Ayité up front. Ayité needs to step up however, his shooting has been haphazard of late.
that's what I would do. It's worked really well of late

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Baszab on May 15, 2017, 07:13:48 PM
Same starting team with Aluko and Ayite playing closer to Martin

Can use Sess and Kabano after 60 minutes if needed

They practically played the same negative rubbish in the league game at their place

Martin played then too and we were poor that day again. Which suggests they won't change because they are at home. They will do the same and imo playing Martin plays into their hands. It's gotta be a fast 433
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Fulham Tup North

If you ignore the penalty we gave away, the side that faced Huddersfield would do for me. Plenty of pace, plenty of passing, quick football, chase down every ball.

COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Twig

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 15, 2017, 07:18:57 PM
No Martin!

We are much harder to defend against When we play Sess Aluko Ayite. They are interchangeable, all have pace and constantly have movement. Aluko drops off Ayite swaps etc. It's impossible to mark anyone.

With Martin the system becomes rigid and predictable. Martin always stays central meaning Ayite and Aluko have less of a free role. Both get itchy feet and drift in meaning Readings 3 at the back system is perfect. The wing back is now faced with just a fullback with the cover of a midfielder and a covering centre half. When Sess hugs the touchline the proposition is completely different. It's now 2 on 2 and in some cases 2 on 1.

Defenders are terrified of pace. You've also got to consider how much game time Martin has actually had since his strike. He's been in and out. It has to be the attitude we approached Huddersfield away. Do it properly and the goals can't be stopped.

Is it a coincidence Reading were on the back foot after Martin went off? The tempo certainly improved.

I'd go along with all of that.