joca's final interview

Started by nose, May 15, 2017, 09:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: gang on May 15, 2017, 11:55:51 PM
Quote from: nose on May 15, 2017, 11:32:59 PM
Quote from: gang on May 15, 2017, 11:05:02 PM
Yes
do you not think, do you not think that the season ticket should entitle one to access to the interviews. and byy the way it is not entirely true that the club does not show highlits. it has done subsequent to the charge, it has an extended clip of cairney V reading, goals. they actually do show the clips, but when it suits.

I am a believer in getting the message out there and making the club accesible. showing the manager and player interviews seems a good idea to me. i note we didn't sell out fopr reading, the club needs to think about why.

It's probably me but I don't understand what you're saying.

i am saying the cub are making a mistake. I believe if you pay for a season ticket that should as aminimum be a free pass to the video clips, at least of the interviews.
and I am saying that to not show the interviews, that can be used as a rallying call to the fans is a mistake, IMO.

davew

Nose. I have to agree with you, season ticket holders should get some preferential treatment, allowing access to FFC TV is no big deal, you guys have been to the game whilst some of us have not been able to for whatever reason, I have no problem with what you are saying m8!! I am more than happy to pay a very small fee to obtain access to what is being offered.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HatterDon

Quote from: grandad on May 15, 2017, 09:33:48 PM
The broadcasting rules say we must charge. We are not allowed to have FFCTV for free. Our sub is perhaps the cheapest in the Championship. I don´t begrudge £3 from my pension.

Here's the weird thing. All season I've seen extended highlights from clubs we've played against and haven't been charged by any of them. Was there a special rule passed just for Fulham?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Not so many years ago (1990s) the website didn't have video or interviews and if you wanted the latter you had to phone Clubcall which cost a premium rate. I suppose that felt free but only because our employers paid for it. The free interviews on the website for the last decade or so have been nice while they lasted but it's not inconsistent to charge for them. I do think that the service should be free to STHs, though (and, living in Devon now, I write as a non-STH).
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

Quote from: General on May 15, 2017, 10:32:53 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 15, 2017, 10:27:15 PM
Quote from: General on May 15, 2017, 09:35:34 PM
The broadcasting rules say we must charge. We are not allowed to have FFCTV for free. Our sub is perhaps the cheapest in the Championship. I don´t begrudge £3 from my pension.

That must be crap - because I have watched highlight reels of our games from other teams sites and youtube channels this year.
Grandad is right if you want to show hilights you need to charge now, if you don't for every instance you are fined. The you tube is not FFC so someone risks getting done for copyright I guess, football as a rule is coming down harder on these things nowadays, streams will become illegal within 2 years unless they are paid for by the supplier, all going crazy, yes it's about money but also protecting the product others have legally paid for.

The reason Fulham then put interviews and such like behind the paywall is so they can give those paying to watch the hilights a little extra. I do think though they could offer it free in with a season ticket

Then perhaps you could explain this: Reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua9KvM0bZq0

or this : Brentford: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERgrIxNXeDU

Whatever you may believe, other clubs don't charge for free highlights to their fans... To suggest it's a must is a lie.

First off, I tend to agree that it's a shame that the interview couldn't have gone out free. But you should read others' posts properly.  These are YouTube posts not club videos, why are you accusing people or the club of lying?

FulhamStu

Shock horror as professional football club tries to increase revenue by charging peanuts for a services so it can pay its players the money needed to gain success.   This is typical of the want something for nothing attitude of so many people.  You want a successful football club but don't want to pay.  SOME people want an NHS but don't like to pay taxes etc etc.   I do not mean to tar anyone in particular with this post, just making a point so please don't be offended.  COYW.

Tomo

You can access highlights for free from various different outlets. I pay the £3 as I occasionally like to listen to Gentleman Jim when I can't get down to the cottage and that in itself is worth the £3 purely for entertainment purposes.

If you really think about it, it's literally like having one less cup of coffee / beer per month for all of the access.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

westcliff white

Quote from: General on May 15, 2017, 10:32:53 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 15, 2017, 10:27:15 PM
Quote from: General on May 15, 2017, 09:35:34 PM

That must be crap - because I have watched highlight reels of our games from other teams sites and youtube channels this year.
Grandad is right if you want to show hilights you need to charge now, if you don't for every instance you are fined. The you tube is not FFC so someone risks getting done for copyright I guess, football as a rule is coming down harder on these things nowadays, streams will become illegal within 2 years unless they are paid for by the supplier, all going crazy, yes it's about money but also protecting the product others have legally paid for.

The reason Fulham then put interviews and such like behind the paywall is so they can give those paying to watch the hilights a little extra. I do think though they could offer it free in with a season ticket

Then perhaps you could explain this: Reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua9KvM0bZq0

or this : Brentford: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERgrIxNXeDU

Whatever you may believe, other clubs don't charge for free highlights to their fans... To suggest it's a must is a lie.
Dont call me a liar for one and two thats how it is laid out by the EFL and what FFc reiterated and what I relayed. Maybe reading and the others absorb the cost more than FFC mayube they have a boigger turn over than FFC lots of things to consider, but thanks for posting the links our memebers will be grateful as they can see all our games.

for the record call me a liar again and i will get really pee'd off.
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: davew on May 15, 2017, 11:38:55 PM
Quote from: gang on May 15, 2017, 10:37:33 PM
We're back to that old something for nothing chestnut. It will never be free again, time to move on.
+ 1, thank God for the internet what would we have done in the old days??? In my case it didn't matter I used to go to every (well almost every) match!!
well said guys!!!!

Some will always find something to complain about

gang

Quote from: Statto on May 16, 2017, 08:15:41 AM
In fairness those Youtube accounts appear to be official club channels, not just some random individuals, and include poor little clubs like Wigan and Brentford. So if you're going to make the argument about the EFL rules I think you need to explain it properly.

As it happens I can vaguely remember MJG explaining it a while ago and I remember being convinced at the time so I'm sure there's an explanation for this inconsistency... I just can't remember it or be bothered to look it up at this time

The bottom line for me is even if the club's hand isn't forced by the rules, it's £3, who cares? The club is entitled to bring in as much revenue as it can and £3 is about the amount most of us probably get paid in the 5 minutes it takes to watch the video or, as someone else said, a cup of coffee these days

If you're looking for a rip-off to moan about, surely the excessive food pricing at the ground is a much bigger sting!!  086.gif

Quite agree although to be honest I have never eaten from the stalls, something about tasteless sausages I won't pay for.

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on May 16, 2017, 08:15:41 AM
In fairness those Youtube accounts appear to be official club channels, not just some random individuals, and include poor little clubs like Wigan and Brentford. So if you're going to make the argument about the EFL rules I think you need to explain it properly.

As it happens I can vaguely remember MJG explaining it a while ago and I remember being convinced at the time so I'm sure there's an explanation for this inconsistency... I just can't remember it or be bothered to look it up at this time

The bottom line for me is even if the club's hand isn't forced by the rules, it's £3, who cares? The club is entitled to bring in as much revenue as it can and £3 is about the amount most of us probably get paid in the 5 minutes it takes to watch the video or, as someone else said, a cup of coffee these days

If you're looking for a rip-off to moan about, surely the excessive food pricing at the ground is a much bigger sting!!  086.gif
That is sort of what I was trying to get across, but badly, maybe they pay more to the league to put on the hilights etc on the social media related mediums, and that they have the turn over to be able to afford that. I dont know the costs of this but was trying to remember what MJG put on his post which I could not find.

I agree re the food pricing, the price of a burger is ridiculous for hwat it is, and they never get my order right either, no sauce means no sauce lol

nose

Thank you all for all your comments (pro and con).
I said what i wanted, got it off my chest, again!

I am now just going to be considering this evening's game and how to plot the downfall of Reading!!!

NJFulham

It's to help pay Jim's sidekick.

The Rock

So can anyone who shelled out the £3 paraphrase what he said? I think we can all imagine what would be said anyway, which is almost good enough for my minds eye.

SG

Quote from: The Rock on May 16, 2017, 12:53:15 PM
So can anyone who shelled out the £3 paraphrase what he said? I think we can all imagine what would be said anyway, which is almost good enough for my minds eye.

Ironically i get bored listening to his interviews and normally turn them off after a couple of minutes. In terms of oratory, Churchill he is not. He said nothing of note in the first few minutes at least that could not have been anticpated by any of us.

VicHalomsLovechild

I got so peed off watching games under Felix and Kit then the long drive back to Margate. I stopped buying an ST. So paying the 3 quid to enjoy Gentlemen Jim's totally unbiased commentary and watching the games later, feels in a very small way like I'm contributing to the Club.
In all the time I've followed the Club I've never felt they've deliberately tried to rip me off. In fact I've always thought they've made the effort to produce a good product on what appears to be a limited budget.
I know little about the food, preferring to launch myself at the nearest alcoholic beverage given the relatively short amount of time available and there in could be the reason for the high price. Over the 90 minutes the various food outlets have to make the bulk of their money (product, heating, staff costs, rental, profit etc) in the 15 minutes before the game starts and half time not that long really.
I'm looking forward to tuning in later and hope the result goes our way COYW.

alfie

Prior to the invention of the internet etc, to find out what the manager/players had to say you would have had to buy a program, I am sure that did not come with the season ticket, so what is the difference?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't