more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sarah Brookes leaves

Started by Southcoastffc, May 23, 2017, 06:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Fuel a rumour, she's just followed AFC Bournemouth on LinkedIn

She's been great for the club, and to be fair 15 years experience of marketing and communications in the premier league, developing and promoting a fanbase, introducing new websites, e commerce and mobile platforms, she's done a lot for the club, she will walk into any other job!

General

Who's taking over the role? does anyone know - presumably it's already been decided and is quite important to know? Perhaps they're just as good/better and equally/more attractive?

Funky Fulham Dave

I guess a winning smile, coiffure hair and fluttering eyes goes a long way in the rarefied arena of professional football.

But was she better than Graham Hortop or Frank Osbourne?

049:gif

grandad

I will miss her squeals from the gantry with GJ. I thought he was supposed to be concentrating on the game.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

Quote from: bobbo on May 24, 2017, 04:25:08 PM
I must be the only one on this topic to have seen a different side of her.

Many years ago ,possibly 15 , she didn't have a lofty position then. A friend of mine had a box right in the middle of the riverside stand and I along with others always had an open invite, Sarah past by one match and stopped to say hello to the box owner/renter and she counted 11 people when there should only be 10 , she behaved like a school child stamping her foot and demanding one person removed themselves. It wasn't me but I never went back in that box.
I'm sure she's a lot more grown up now. Bon voyage Sarah.
ever thought for insurance purposes and health and safety reasons that maybe this is why she asked for one to leave? or maybe her job could have been on the line if anyone other then Sarah saw?

I know at Southend they are very strict on just ten ion the box, if someone doesn't leave then everyone is asked to leave, it is very clear on the guidelines when they send then confirm out
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 24, 2017, 04:33:54 PM

She's been great for the club, and to be fair 15 years experience of marketing and communications in the premier league, developing and promoting a fanbase, introducing new websites, e commerce and mobile platforms, she's done a lot for the club, she will walk into any other job!
I would be surprised if she stayed in football seeing as she is a season ticket holder, which would mean missing most games

Southcoastffc

Quote from: westcliff white on May 24, 2017, 07:54:07 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on May 24, 2017, 04:33:54 PM

I would be surprised if she stayed in football seeing as she is a season ticket holder, which would mean missing most games
Good point.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

aaronmcguigan

True, just going on an observation. If she's following a passion it'll be in tennis, or maybe she deserves a break for a while.

Riversider

Just to balance things out slightly, she hasn't been doing voluntary work all these years, she's been well paid to follow Fulham all over the world, enjoying wonderful food and hospitality along the way,
Hundreds of Fulham supporters would have loved her job over the years,
How many of you reading this leave home before 7am and get home after 7pm 5 days a week ?
Good luck to her wherever the next chapter takes her and I wish her all the best, but let's not act like she's been working 60 hours a week on a ward at Charing Cross all these years, because she hasn't, she's had a very privileged life and I'm sure she's eternally grateful for it.

westcliff white

Quote from: Riversider on May 24, 2017, 09:41:29 PM
Just to balance things out slightly, she hasn't been doing voluntary work all these years, she's been well paid to follow Fulham all over the world, enjoying wonderful food and hospitality along the way,
Hundreds of Fulham supporters would have loved her job over the years,
How many of you reading this leave home before 7am and get home after 7pm 5 days a week ?
Good luck to her wherever the next chapter takes her and I wish her all the best, but let's not act like she's been working 60 hours a week on a ward at Charing Cross all these years, because she hasn't, she's had a very privileged life and I'm sure she's eternally grateful for it.
For me no one has done that, just appreciating the work she has done for the club

fulhamfan

Riversider

This isn't a dig at Sarah, but Sandra Coles and Tommy Guthrie were far bigger losses to Fulham Football Club and in particular its supporters,
It should also be pointed out that Sarah is very much a Wolverhampton Wanderers supporter and always will be despite people on this thread trying to paint her as some Fulham super fan.

aaronmcguigan

the woman cared about the club and its supporters. Why bother comparing her to others or slating her cus she was well paid?
Players come and go and get idolised and nothing gets mentioned about their work hours or pay.
She came in , performed a job well in the changing digital climate, where fans demanded more and she met the challenge. If she didn't , she would be out the door long ago, but she's clearly well thought of by the club, it's owner , manager and players, past and present, so that's exactly how she will be remembered, regardless of pay or amount of hours she has worked every week.

There's no need to point out which club they support, you can obviously see the passion TC has for this club but you can guarantee he didn't grow up supporting us. I appreciate the job she done here, and as with any employee leaving the club or company, her input should be appreciated

Southcoastffc

I rather regret starting this this thread, which was intended to pay respect to a long-serving employee who has done good things for the club.  Some of the more recent posts appear to be from people who clearly know very little about Sarah Brookes' life but still feel able to comment upon it. 

Newry FFC's last sentence sums up nicely what I intended to convey " I appreciate the job she done here, and as with any employee leaving the club or company, her input should be appreciated."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 25, 2017, 12:23:42 PM
I rather regret starting this this thread, which was intended to pay respect to a long-serving employee who has done good things for the club.  Some of the more recent posts appear to be from people who clearly know very little about Sarah Brookes' life but still feel able to comment upon it. 

Newry FFC's last sentence sums up nicely what I intended to convey " I appreciate the job she done here, and as with any employee leaving the club or company, her input should be appreciated."

Those unpleasant posts just go to show how a role like Sarah's can be very trying and stressful.

Fortunately the majority have appreciated Sarah's contribution delivered with patience and good humour and will thank her and offer our best wishes for her future.

RaySmith

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 25, 2017, 10:42:26 AM
the woman cared about the club and its supporters. Why bother comparing her to others or slating her cus she was well paid?
Players come and go and get idolised and nothing gets mentioned about their work hours or pay.
She came in , performed a job well in the changing digital climate, where fans demanded more and she met the challenge. If she didn't , she would be out the door long ago, but she's clearly well thought of by the club, it's owner , manager and players, past and present, so that's exactly how she will be remembered, regardless of pay or amount of hours she has worked every week.

There's no need to point out which club they support, you can obviously see the passion TC has for this club but you can guarantee he didn't grow up supporting us. I appreciate the job she done here, and as with any employee leaving the club or company, her input should be appreciated
[/quote
:plus one:

Thanks Sarah - always a great ambassador for  Fulham FC.

westcliff white

Don't think anyone is saying she is a superfan but just mentioning she will be a season ticket holder from next season.

What ever Sarah earned is what her employers , in this case FFC, wanted to pay for that role. Just the same so as for me and everyone else in the board, she has been with the club for a number of years, and has helped many FFC fans in that time, all this thread is doing is passing on those respects. I agree both tommy and Sandra were big losses and in time I think Sarah will be as big a loss as those two.

As for who she supports, I don't have a clue but according to the forum it ranges from Arsenal and spurs through to Wolves and Villa, I don't care personally she has served our club well and that's all that matters to me.

Funky Fulham Dave

You might be interested to know that another lovely lady will be shortly leaving the club. Definitely not as highly paid but every bit as important. You've probably spoken to her many a time on match days but don't know her by name. She is the ever smiling, lovely lady who has worked in the club shop for many years, Jacqueline. Now she will most certainly be missed.

westcliff white

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on May 25, 2017, 07:53:26 PM

You might be interested to know that another lovely lady will be shortly leaving the club. Definitely not as highly paid but every bit as important. You've probably spoken to her many a time on match days but don't know her by name. She is the ever smiling, lovely lady who has worked in the club shop for many years, Jacqueline. Now she will most certainly be missed.

Hopefully that's not the lady I complained about (first time ever I had complained about someone working for our FFC), when we watched the Ipswich game

e4b

Having read some of the earlier posts I would just like to say, thank you Sarah and good luck.