watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You know you are getting old when...

Started by CorkedHat, September 07, 2010, 12:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

You know you are getting old when you see David Dimbleby on television and he looks older than you remember his dad, Richard.
You know you are getting old when one of your young Facebook friends asks you who The Beatles are? You know you are getting old when people say today is the 70th anniversary of the Blitz and you have to confess that you lived through it.
Bloody hell!
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

WhiteJC

you know your getting old when ...

now what did I come in here for?

Huge

its ok, i put the kettle in the fridge this morning
The Dude abides

Burt

...three pints is your limit, rather than the 10 you used to manage in your yoof.

Lighthouse

You know you are getting old when you start a sentence and ..........forget what it was you were going to write.

You know you are getting old when that bloke who was in the, oh the thing that was on last night,you know? He used to be married to that woman who you liked. You know? She was in that series with that dog with a limp. Anyway he died last week and you  thought he died years ago.

You know you are getting old when you want to spend a penny but decide to wait until there is something else you need to do on the way.

You know you are getting old when you look at the clock, think of what it is you need to do, and an hour has  passed when you decide to do it.

You know you are getting old when the highlight of your day is deciding what to watch on television.

You know you are getting old when you no longer watch soap operas because you know you will end before it does.

You know you are getting old when you remember the time Doctors and Policeman and Politicians were trusted.

You know you are getting old when you want to spend a penny. But have waited to long for something to do on the way.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nick the Swede

I knew I was sold when the team I support in Sweden appointed a manager younger than me   :026:
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

WhiteJC

you know that your old when the actor who plays James Bond is younger than you

or you relate to "last of the summer wine"

epsomraver

You know you are old when you go the hair dressers and they don't ask how you want it!

duffbeer

your arms are too short to read the newspaper.

RidgeRider

you HAVE to trim your nose hairs and your eyebrows start to look like a furry wombat

epsomraver

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 07, 2010, 02:59:12 PM
you to have trim your nose hairs and your eyebrows start to look like a furry wombat

You go for a check up at the hospital and they ask for a urine and stool samples, you say "what did they say?" your Missus says "Leave your underpants with reception" :005:

RidgeRider

Quote from: epsomraver on September 07, 2010, 03:05:53 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on September 07, 2010, 02:59:12 PM
you to have trim your nose hairs and your eyebrows start to look like a furry wombat

You go for a check up at the hospital and they ask for a urine and stool samples, you say "what did they say?" your Missus says "Leave your underpants with reception" :005:
:011:

HatterDon

The best definition of getting older is: "When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on September 07, 2010, 03:15:23 PM
The best definition of getting older is: "When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night."

Sleep? I've heard insomnia is just around the corner.  :dft012:

SoCalJoe

When you say something to your teenager that was a carbon copy of what your parents said to you.

When you think that Elm and Eddie would be a great pairing against anyone except the Reading Reserves.   
Right HD?   :58:
You can observe a lot by just watching.

FC Silver Fox

You see a mother and daughter and find the mother more attractive than the daughter.... I haven't yet got to the stage of grandmother and mother but I'm sure Corked Hat will enlighten us on that particular problem.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

FatFreddysCat

When you've just spent £38 on the internet on something called sport skins (the shorts)  in the hope you might still be able to play football. Never heard of them till a couple of hours ago, but  told one of my mates i've decided to play tonight and he told me about these skin things. If they're any good i'm going to get the tee shirt version.

cebu

finnster01

When the fart turns out to catch you by complete surprise and contains a little more excess residue than what it used to...  :046:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Logicalman

.. when you read the autobiography of some old politician/footballer, and it suddenly hits you that you lived through the days he is talking about in his youth !!